Hacking Waninkoko's cMIOS rev03 released!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if you have CIOScorp and preloader, then you can start from disc channel the games from your region without pressing anything more than START...!!
smile.gif

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, when I load a multigame disc through disc channel, and chose boot with a video mode, it works fine, but if I chose to load with the patches mios, it boots into the GCOS menu.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
QUOTE said:
Hmm, when I load a multigame disc through disc channel, and chose boot with a video mode, it works fine, but if I chose to load with the patches mios, it boots into the GCOS menu.
and then do nothing, right..?? I mean it never loads the game, that's what happens in my Wii too...!!

robman62 said:
I have no mod chip I just use theta

Then you do installed a cMIOS, other wise it couldn't work...!!
smile.gif

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
if you have CIOScorp and preloader, then you can start from disc channel the games from your region without pressing anything more than START...!!
smile.gif

so with a combo of cioscorp, preloader, and this I can load with disc channel with no problems? awesome!

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
syst3merror said:
ether2802 said:
smile.gif

so with a combo of cioscorp, preloader, and this I can load with disc channel with no problems? awesome!
You don't have to have Preloader but it's extra brick protection and useful for system menu hacks

robman62

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
QUOTE said:
and then do nothing, right..?? I mean it never loads the game, that's what happens in my Wii too...!!

robman62 said:
I have no mod chip I just use theta

Then you do installed a cMIOS, other wise it couldn't work...!!
smile.gif

so installing this wont affect my game play?

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
QUOTE said:

I'm guessing this is "normal" behavior. The way I see it is... GCOS was written to be used with a gamecube right? So it probably can't communicate/interface with the Wii DVD drive correctly to fetch a list of games from the disc. If you're using Waninkoko's cMIOS, why not just use it's built in multi-game disc interface?

saget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
WiiPower said:
kedest said:
Only the first chips were having problems. But the new chips are quite advanced products.
The latest ones don't require any soldering at all, not even clipping it onto a driveboard chip. You just connect a flatcable and that's it. That cannot possibly fail. And more cool stuff is possible that way. Streaming an iso from a computer, or even a portable hard drive

Basically you are right, but for now there are only 2 flatcable chips(if i don't missed any):
1. Flatmii (streams .isos with real high speed to the Wii, requires a pc connected to the Wii during gaming)
2. the "modchip" from the Flatmii team (which is limited to 3x reading)

The chip with the portable drive support is not yet released.

QUOTE(fst312 @ Feb 13 2009, 11:27 PM) [...]

forget using Waninkoko's cMIOS and just use wigators with mios v5 and v8 and cMIOS v1 .i think its possible to have all of them installed because i was able to play mulitiso from the begining or do they over write eachother.if they over write i think the last thing i installed was mios v8. i read alot of people have problems with Waninkoko's cMIOS so why bother using it if nothing works right with each update,there is always a problem.

All MIOS and cMIOS use the same IOS slot(IOS257). Whatever MIOS or cMIOS you install, it overwrites the old one.

so, with my fresh new wii, i only need install one cMIOS if i want to play GC game?
steps:
1. Install Waninkoko's cMIOS REV3 with network installation
2. Install GC BKL by dol or wad method (wad channel has better compatibility??)
3. Inert GC disc and play...
right? no more need install wigator's first then Waninkoko's?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: nice