Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sir-Fritz said:
I answered speed of light, cause i have no-idea what the other one is.

absolute zero is 0 degrees Kelvin, or -273 degrees Celcius. Theoretically, absolute zero is when all molecular motion is stopped completely.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Urza said:
Speed of light has already been achieved.

...by light.

I voted light for this same reason
tongue.gif

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i think he means making things move at the speed of light other than rays in the spectrum. I'd say absolute zero will be the first one. iirc the closest we've got to is 1 x 10 ^-24 K or something retardedly small.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nitpick "-273 degrees Celcius" is not absolute zero. -273.15 Celcius on the other hand:
http://www1.bipm.org/en/si/si_brochure/cha...1-1/kelvin.html
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-natu...ero-200801.html

Absolute zero.
I read some very interesting stuff with lasers on the subject but to my knowledge there are not even any fun exceptions like light (I witter about a few of those below)

Faster than light (as in faster than light in a vacuum not the likes of Cerenkov Radiation), what about by way of twinned particles (quantum entanglement being the main one). However all the we as humans (and certainly I) know of such things mass and information is not possible to convey by this as you can not have a frame of reference (the experiments that claimed otherwise effectively cheated (although by all accounts they did not know) by providing a frame of reference by conventional means).

You have the theoretical (in as much as it can not be achieved but it can be approximated/inferred or requires special (impossible) conditions) faster than light in a vacuum:
http://www.mathpages.com/home/kmath210/kmath210.htm

You also have the apparent faster than light (see time distortion by gravity with black holes usually being the culprit in explanations) or distant points in space (every point in space is expanding relative (and I use the word in the dictionary sense rather than the physics sense) to each other so ultimately two points could be moving away faster than light speed, it is one of the end of the universe type theories assuming the big crunch does not come (roughly everything will expand so fast that energy (which can not exceed light speed) is then trapped and will ultimately achieve maximum (or close enough) entropy and things (movement/life) can not occur if you fancy reading some more that would be a good start of a search)

I suppose then it is what is proven wrong, special theory of relativity or thermodynamics. Both have stood the test of time quite well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: