Hacking WiiFrii 2.0 - Wii Full Region Free

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
eddie182 said:
How big is it? I think i've found it but there are several different ones - how do i know which one is legit? I don't know how to check the MD5 either so i need another method of identifying it.

Thanks

16 bytes in size, binary values, Code I use to check for correct key is along the lines of:
QUOTE// now check to see if it's the right key
// as we don't want to embed the key value in here then lets cheat a little
wink.gif

// by checking the Xor'd difference values
if ((0x0F!=(LoadedKey[0]^LoadedKey[1]))||
(0xCE!=(LoadedKey[1]^LoadedKey[2]))||
(0x08!=(LoadedKey[2]^LoadedKey[3]))||
(0x7C!=(LoadedKey[3]^LoadedKey[4]))||
(0xDB!=(LoadedKey[4]^LoadedKey[5]))||
(0x16!=(LoadedKey[5]^LoadedKey[6]))||
(0x77!=(LoadedKey[6]^LoadedKey[7]))||
(0xAC!=(LoadedKey[7]^LoadedKey[8]))||
(0x91!=(LoadedKey[8]^LoadedKey[9]))||
(0x1C!=(LoadedKey[9]^LoadedKey[10]))||
(0x80!=(LoadedKey[10]^LoadedKey[11]))||
(0x36!=(LoadedKey[11]^LoadedKey[12]))||
(0xF2!=(LoadedKey[12]^LoadedKey[13]))||
(0x2B!=(LoadedKey[13]^LoadedKey[14]))||
(0x5D!=(LoadedKey[14]^LoadedKey[15])))
{
AfxMessageBox("Doesn't seem to be the correct key.bin");
return FALSE;
}

In other words the xor'd value of the first byte and the second byte is 0x0F, the second to third is 0xCE etc....

And to Waninkoko - nice code. Could I suggest an option to allow extra DOLs to be scanned.

Look forward to seeing the source if/when you release.

waninkoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mmmm... Looks like WiiFrii doesn't work properly under Windows.. I'll try to find the bug.

About the source... I don't have any plans to release it yet (because of the signature bug code).

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey nice program waninkoko!
smile.gif

I would suggest you make it clear in your first post that this tool still uses the same bug as trucha signer so nobody thinks these patched ISOs are "future proof".

dejawho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks, but is possibile to modify WiiFrii to make it able to change the apploader.bin file (that is in the partition 1 of any game) with another one? In this way we could integrate the freeloader in a game (it's possibile: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=79272). The advantage is that the game should work on any resolution without problems.
Sorry for my bad english.

Cjuub

Trophies
XP
Country
dejawho said:
Thanks, but is possibile to modify WiiFrii to make it able to change the apploader.bin file (that is in the partition 1 of any game) with another one? In this way we could integrate the freeloader in a game (it's possibile: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=79272). The advantage is that the game should work on any resolution without problems.
Sorry for my bad english.
There'll be problems for us with TVs that doesn't support NTSC signals.
frown.gif

SnickS

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
waninkoko said:
I don't like the idea of including FreeLoader inside every game.

Btw, I think I have a working Windows version. I just need to do some testing before releasing it
tongue.gif
Great, and I agree that it's a bad idea to include a freeloader file in every game. If you use the freeloader some (older) tv's will display everything in Black & White, while if you just use something like Video Mode Changer it will display the PAL signal (so it won't give a B&W image on older tv's).

dejawho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
waninkoko said:
I don't like the idea of including FreeLoader inside every game.

Btw, I think I have a working Windows version. I just need to do some testing before releasing it
tongue.gif

not every game, but only those that give problem with certain resolutions (an exemple is nartuo ex2 at 480p)

@SnickS: people that have an old tv can use the current wiifrii (and the future versions) or the old method (turcha + wii-vmc). I ask only for a "mod" to replace the apploader.bin instead of main.dol

rommy667

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot for the tool but for me it keeps saying cant find "common key" even though ive got the one i use for Trucha in their renamed to common-key,is their 2 types of key.bin or something?? ive searched for hours and cant find f all
frown.gif
also for me ver 2.0b cant even read the iso.............

stormyuan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
rommy667 said:
Thanks a lot for the tool but for me it keeps saying cant find "common key" even though ive got the one i use for Trucha in their renamed to common-key,is their 2 types of key.bin or something?? ive searched for hours and cant find f all
frown.gif
No
There is only one key.

In WIIScrubber , it's called key.bin
In wiibrowsev1.0beta, it's called ckey.bin
In WiiFrii 2.0, it's called common-key

If you can use Wiiscrubber or other tools, copy the key.bin to the folder of WiiFrii2.0, and rename key.bin to common-key

---------
Notice: The filename is "common-key" , not "common-key.bin" nor "common key".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good