Homebrew WiiMC RELEASED!!! (Wii Media Center)

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YAY 1.1.7 fixes SMB sharing!
yaywii.gif
Also, I keep learning new things about this program every day! MMS streams?! Frak yeah! Time to go channel collecting again.
smile.gif
This feature will be prefect for Wrestling Pay Per views!
biggrin.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
luckwii said:
I tried it with my rev17 cios, and it gave a "unsupported ios, may not work correctly". I looked through my hard drive and it played everything I could throw at it. No errors, or bugs in the GUI that I could find anyway. I tried movies, and music files.
To prevent that message, you need HBC1.0.7+ using IOS58, and using the no_reload option to activate AHBPROT flags.

IOS58 with AHBPROT is used for DVD access (it replaces DVDx).
As long as you don't read a DVD video, it should work fine for everything else.

mpnico

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I've got a problem with WiiMC since 1.1.3 update. I play .avi movies with some .ass subtitles. It plays perfectly on 1.1.2 with a subtitle size of 1.0 but since 1.1.3 update, the subtitles font is way too big (it takes all the screen). I tried some things to fix it but I didn't success :
- copy my window arial.ttf to subfont.ttf
- tried every update from 1.1.3 to 1.1.7

The 1.1.3 changelog says "Improved subtitle scaling calculations", that's the point.

I did many searching before asking for help but it seems either nobody use .ass subtitle format with WiiMC, nor I am the only one having this problem.

Can somebody have a clue to fix it ? For now, I'm stick with 1.1.2.

Thx !

PS : i can't register on official wiimc forum to ask directly there...

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Version 1.1.8 has been released.

Sadly, this version has re-introduced the screen dump of death for me. I believe the issue is with the USB HDD access but I need to test more. Still using a 1TB WD MyBook Essentials (first model) and have had no problems with the last few versions. Sticking with v1.1.7 till I find out the reason behind the dumps.

-[]D

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off I want to say tantric and the rest of team for making this are GODS. The quality is SICK on video but I do have a question along with a problem. I added my pictures to share on my network but the picture files aren't appearing. Is there a reason for that? I have NO SD card space and unemployed right now so SMB is the only way I can go right now... Unless Data DVD fixes the trick, Can anyone answer this question for me please? Thank you!

Edit: I realized I didn't have "pictures" selected on the browser
frown.gif
. I am F***ing retarded sometimes, Hence my Handle here.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PPSainity said:
Sadly, this version has re-introduced the screen dump of death for me. I believe the issue is with the USB HDD access but I need to test more. Still using a 1TB WD MyBook Essentials (first model) and have had no problems with the last few versions. Sticking with v1.1.7 till I find out the reason behind the dumps.
Finally got some time to relax and watch some shows... Re-installed WiiMC v1.1.8 from a fresh download and all fine so far. I seem to have trouble when upgrading via software; though I haven't the foggiest idea why. Well, just glad all is fine now and much faster too it seems. Thanks Tantric, Rodries, and all others making WiiMC great
yaywii.gif

-[]D

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiMC v1.1.8 Subtitles Issue (idx/sub)

WiiMC v1.1.8 does not playback idx/sub format subtitles while v1.1.7 had no such issue nor does Mplayer_CE. The subtitles do not appear on screen at all except for a brief flash when exiting WiiMC during playback of the problematic video. There was a bug tracker entry posted which was promptly closed without any follow-through. There have also been beta versions of WiiMC made by Rodries which have seem to fix the error only to introduce a random dump error in its place.

I have created a new bug tracker issue in hopes of squashing this bug in any future release of WiiMC. If you have experienced a subtitle issue with WiiMC v1.1.8, please include your information in both the WiiMC forum entry and bug tracker entry.

Thanks

Link to WiiMC Forums post.

-[]D

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about a problem I have been having with Sopcast streams in WiiMC lately.

I use it mainly to watch football on a big TV and it was all working fine last season (ie up until about 3 months ago) - no problem at all and all perfectly in sync. However, this season, the same Sopcast 'channels' now have some quite serious lagging between the video and the audio and I can't work out what the issue might be. The stream on the PC is still fine - all perfectly in sync.

Nothing, as far as I remember, has changed on my home network (I use the same homeplugs and the same network card in the same PC)

The only thing I can think of is

a) The version of WiiMC has changed since it was working properly - is there a way of getting historical versions of WiiMC ? Has anyone else noticed a change in Sopcast performance with recent versions of WiiMC ?

or

b) I am running WiiMC of a USB HDD, rather than an SD card. But I can't see why this would make a difference.

Anyone got any ideas ?

TIA for any help.

Regards,

Adam

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh