PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
but you didn't answer the other answer about the crashes, under what circumstances it happened to you? how many games did you tested?

First time it was around 3 games, second time around 10, it hasn't happened a third time yet I just know it will happen randomly. Not the biggest issue in the world since it's only between game loads so no progress is lost and it shouldn't affect loaders. I also haven't been able to get microstutters on any 2D games yet.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

Attachments

• WiiStation_main_git_64651a7_06022024.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 16

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiistation v3.0 was released.
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/releases
Ver 3.0:
  • 240p/Lightgun/Mouse/Multitap support.
  • CHD v1-v5 compressed format support.
  • Add Force ntsc mode.
  • Rewritten PCM decoding logic using the paired single instruction,
    There is a slight increase in corresponding speed.
  • Imported the latest SPU, GPU, BIOS, Cdrom and other modules from PCSX ReARMed.
  • Add separate save function, each game can save its own settings.
  • Add old dynamic compilation core, For games where the Lightrec core cannot run,
    you can try the old dynamic compilation core.
  • Many other minor corrections.
It seems that libchdr was not updated to include Zstd support.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
A new build of WiiStation for addressing some issues related to audio (SPU/XA and even CDDA maybe?) decoding.
Compiled until git 64651a7
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/64651a783e7ff3f3a87146369b3a0ff0d4e6ba82

@rexus_pl can you test this new build for see if the audio related issues are solved?

Bakumatsu Roman still has extremely harsh and awful sound. The sound quality in this game wasn't great to begin with so not having any kind of interpolation on the audio makes it sound completely awful.
Post automatically merged:

Bloory Roar 2 works faster but not quite fullspeed yet, 54-58 seems to be the usual performance.

This falls a bit outside of the realm of WiiSX emulation but I believe Bloody Roar 2 actually has a way to enable 240p mode in the code (the arcade version it's based off of had both 480i and 240p modes). This would surely run full speed but I think you need to use cheats to enable it.

EDIT: Just tried it using action replay and the debug menu code, it does indeed work full speed found on this page, it works full speed but the graphics unfortunately break in the menus. Use 512x240 resolution.

https://tcrf.net/Bloody_Roar_2_(PlayStation)

Perhaps a PSX hacker could make a patch to only enable 512x240 res in fights, then it would run perfectly on WiiSX and other PSX emulators running on limited hardware.

Last edited by Disorarara,

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
First time it was around 3 games, second time around 10, it hasn't happened a third time yet I just know it will happen randomly. Not the biggest issue in the world since it's only between game loads so no progress is lost and it shouldn't affect loaders. I also haven't been able to get microstutters on any 2D games yet.
Did you delete your old config files too?

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@rexus_pl can you test this new build for see if the audio related issues are solved?
Quick test, your and official builds:
- Moto Racer 2 - I can't hear any diffrence
- Vib-Ribbon - on your build game loses controls while selecting difficulty (emulator works, I can return to menu by pressing RESET button on console, but controller is dead); on offical build works fine and can sound good, but... I can confirm what @Skylab noticed: run emulator, load Vib-Ribbon - sounds bad, load Moto Racer 2 (sounds bad), again load Vib-Ribbon and it sounds good.

Not very important thing, but in "Credits" Wiistation is still 2.4 :)

Reactions: GustavoReis

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
although I still notice some jittery FPS still on 3D NTSC games that run at 60fps
Tested Wiistation 3.0
Settings 240p, dithering None, any other filters disabled.

I noticed these microstutters too on 3D games @ 60FPS. It happens since a few builds.

What I also noticed, is that FPS are somewhat erratic now.

For example, on R4, it can drop to 58 and bursts to 61.33 regularly.
In previous builds (without microstutters), the FPS were somewhat more consistent, always being between 58.80~59.97 (never going above, or very rarely).
I wonder if it is what causes these weird hiccups now.

On the other hand, games have never been so fast (maybe too fast?)

-----
Image quality has never been so good. I don't know if something has been modified in that area, but the rendering is stunning. Very good work.

------
Also, PAL games are semi-fixed now:
- with Force NTSC set to off, screen display is OK.
- with Force NTSC set to on, the screen is still shifted vertically (a black bar appears at the top, and the bottom part of the screen is cut)

Reactions: GustavoReis

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wiistation v3.0 was released.
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/releases
Ver 3.0:
  • 240p/Lightgun/Mouse/Multitap support.
  • CHD v1-v5 compressed format support.
  • Add Force ntsc mode.
  • Rewritten PCM decoding logic using the paired single instruction,
    There is a slight increase in corresponding speed.
  • Imported the latest SPU, GPU, BIOS, Cdrom and other modules from PCSX ReARMed.
  • Add separate save function, each game can save its own settings.
  • Add old dynamic compilation core, For games where the Lightrec core cannot run,
    you can try the old dynamic compilation core.
  • Many other minor corrections.
It seems that libchdr was not updated to include Zstd support.
in Resident Evil 1 when forcing NTSC the screen is cropped and in the menu when selecting an object it makes a strange sound

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Tested Wiistation 3.0
Settings 240p, dithering None, any other filters disabled.

I noticed these microstutters too on 3D games @ 60FPS. It happens since a few builds.

What I also noticed, is that FPS are somewhat erratic now.

For example, on R4, it can drop to 58 and bursts to 61.33 regularly.
In previous builds (without microstutters), the FPS were somewhat more consistent, always being between 58.80~59.97 (never going above, or very rarely).
I wonder if it is what causes these weird hiccups now.

On the other hand, games have never been so fast (maybe too fast?)

-----
Image quality has never been so good. I don't know if something has been modified in that area, but the rendering is stunning. Very good work.

------
Also, PAL games are semi-fixed now:
- with Force NTSC set to off, screen display is OK.
- with Force NTSC set to on, the screen is still shifted vertically (a black bar appears at the top, and the bottom part of the screen is cut)

I suspect the change in video renderer and experimental triple buffering is the cause of it, as a similar issue happens in WiiSX 4.1 which also has experimental triple buffering. It works great on games that don't run at 60FPS but unfortunately causes occasional microstutter in games that do. Although it has noticably improved in Wiistation at least for 2D games. The older builds of Wiistation had no issue staying at a solid smooth 59.97 fps except in the cases of slowdown and lightrec caching. Agreed with you on video quality this is easily the cleanest image I've seen on any emulator on the Wii.

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
in Resident Evil 1 when forcing NTSC the screen is cropped and in the menu when selecting an object it makes a strange sound
Just out of curiosity, what advantage is there in running PAL games in NTSC when there's a NTSC version of the same game?
I can understand it when the game was only released in Europe.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Just out of curiosity, what advantage is there in running PAL games in NTSC when there's a NTSC version of the same game?
Some PAL games fixed internal game bugs/issues that were present in its NTSC counterparts (ex. Driver 2).

Reactions: ssjkakaroto

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing progress!!

However, some of you have done extensive testing over the last few months and I’ve heard a lot about microstuttering and unsmooth behavior. Would you say older versions are better then (as long as the game you want to play works on that version)?

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Amazing progress!!

However, some of you have done extensive testing over the last few months and I’ve heard a lot about microstuttering and unsmooth behavior. Would you say older versions are better then (as long as the game you want to play works on that version)?

The oldest version I consider the best and has no microstutter is the "Force NTSC" build by jokippo which remains still the only one that keeps the image centered when using it. However the audio channels are reversed still so that might be an issue.

Last edited by Disorarara,

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Spanish language (in the case of RE, the translator translated it into the French version of the direct cut) I write to you in English but I actually use Spanish, For this reason I will return the version, but as I update I will test it, the other developer who no longer appeared had released a version in which by forcing PAL NTSC Resident Evil 1 is perfect, I only advise you to get this NTSC code of Duckstation, unlike Rearmed, Duckstation does not have this problem

Last edited by Amuro-san,
Reactions: ssjkakaroto

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I suspect the change in video renderer and experimental triple buffering is the cause of it, as a similar issue happens in WiiSX 4.1 which also has experimental triple buffering. It works great on games that don't run at 60FPS but unfortunately causes occasional microstutter in games that do.
Oh, ok, I undertstand now. Thanks for the explanation.
Let's hope it can be improved then (though it's not big deal)

Would you say older versions are better then (as long as the game you want to play works on that version)?
Go for 3.0
It's the best and fastest version.

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh, ok, I undertstand now. Thanks for the explanation.
Let's hope it can be improved then (though it's not big deal)

Go for 3.0
It's the best and fastest version.
One issue i found, in certain 3d games like Grandia or Pacman World, there's like a bit of scanline crunch in the middle of the screen.

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tried installing the updated wiistation onto my Plug In Megathread Pack SD, but now wiiflow wont boot, it gets into the spalsh screen and then returns to System Menu.

I have a backup SD and it allows loading Wiiflow, I copied all the contents of the SD minus the videos folder and the ROMs folder (too big and unrelated to the loader) and removed all the other folders from the faulty SD, copies all the folders from the working SD, and tried booting wiiflow with the "retrofitted" faulty SD, but Wiiflow wont boot.

I am now backing up the Videos and ROMs as well so I "fix" the card or reformat it hoping for the Wii to recognize its Wiiflow file system dol and booter, because Videos do load through WiiMC, so I know the SD is working it is only Wiiflow that is no longer loading.

I run on linux, but I did update the Wiistation on a Windows machine and I think I changed USB ports a couple times, and I might have changed the Drive Letter assigned by windows to the SD.. but I do not know really, maybe the USB port from which I accessed the SD does not leave a fixed Drive Letter?

Running Linux I cannot see the letters Windows assigns, so it might have nothing to do with my error mode.

Please send help lol
Backing up 200GB of videos will take 3 hours, and then I must fix and or reformat the micro SD and copy all back onto it (249GB) for 6 hours only to see whether it will boot Wiiflow with a copy of the working SD filesystem backup... I am so confused, I already rolled back the changes to the faulty SD and it still wont boot...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==