Homebrew PS1/2 Emulator Project WiiSX / CubeSX (PCSXGC) with Lightrec Project - Beta testers & feedback needed!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you can probably find bin/cue to img software somewhere since the emulator also accepts .img file

Ok, i'll try, didn't think you could transfer 30 bin+cue to img+cue
you dont need cue when you ave an .img file, the cue will also be inside the .img file

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thx perdo702! Nice to know! Is *.img more compressed like *.Chd? Still searching an "easy" tool without line commands....

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I believe you can turn an image with multiple bins into a single one. I remember doing so by mounting the image on a virtual cd drive and using imgburn to turn the virtual cd into a single bin/cue.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thx perdo702! Nice to know! Is *.img more compressed like *.Chd? Still searching an "easy" tool without line commands....
no an img is basically them all inside, should be the same filesize or slighly bigger, bins and cues are extracted from .img files.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
"I believe you can turn an image with multiple bins into a single one. I remember doing so by mounting the image on a virtual cd drive and using imgburn to turn the virtual cd into a single bin/cue."
Anything easier? ^^ Imagine you havea lot of games to convert...it's quite long

• Haha
Reactions: niuus

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Yep, that's the reason it's so big....Sorry for the question, I mislead the game rom with Street Fighter Alpha 3, which isn't as big
;)
Anyway all, what do you use all to transform a ps1 romwith with 30 tracks *.bin files into a one only unique bin file to make it readable for the emu? because putting a "some" particular games into the directory file for the emu makes hundreds of file.
An easy tool non command line if possible! I know SaulFabre would know how to make an easy one.

WiiSX read folders, put bin/cue in folders with game name

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anything easier? ^^ Imagine you havea lot of games to convert...it's quite long
cdmage
open up the program
File - open (pick the cue file)
File - Save As - Save

It will combine multiple track bins into 1 bin. Also make sure you use CDMage 1.02.1 Beta because the latest version CDMage 1.01.5 doesnt support this feature. On the main website you will see both programs. Used this method for years.

Reactions: cheloruiz79

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
New full release from Emukidid

Back after nearly 13 years with another official release!

What's Changed​

• New dynarec implemented thanks to pcercuei's lightrec.
    • Completely replaces the old dynarec.
    • Greatly increases compatibility and speed.
  • Sync'd with upstream pcsx-ReARMed.
    • Eliminates XA/CDDA slowdown completely on Wii and those titles run at full speed.
  • dfsound audio plugin.
    • Improved sound quality and compatibility.
  • Speed improvements in the soft graphics plugin thanks to tips from @extremscorner
    • Upwards of 15% speed increase across all titles.
  • Compiled with libOGC2
  • SD2SP2 support on GameCube
  • UI bugfixes and memory leaks addressed
https://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc/releases/tag/Beta_3.0

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
There's an unfortunate bug with this new rewrite of the dynarec core, it seems that game logic can now run slower than the framerate - there are 2 games where this is particularly disastrous:
Rival Schools now runs full speed but the in game speed slows down dramatically, no matter what you do
Ghoul Panic slows down to single frame speeds even though it's still running at 60fps

I suspect that other games also have incorrectly emulated speeds such as Gran Turismo 2 which leads to an overall slower gameplay experience, which is really unfortunate as WiiSX 3.0 is a HUGE update that basically marks the majority of PSX games as fully playable on Wii, games like Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy 7 and Vagrant Story run at full speed with no frameskip which is truly incredible to see on the original Wii. It's barely worth even making a compatibility list anymore since almost all games can now be assumed as working and full speed so it's only worth pointing out which games don't actually run, so here's my following list of games that don't run in any capacity or have truly game breaking speed issues:

3D Fighter Maker: Code dump upon trying to load a game
NHL Open Ice 2-on-2 Challenge: Crashes after loading, unknown if it worked fine on older WiiSX build
Roll Away: Now crashes after the first level, used to work perfectly fine on older builds of WiiSX
Rival Schools: Speed issues, runs slower than it should despite keeping a full 60 FPS
Judge Dredd: NTSC version has a severe freeze that renders it unplayable, PAL version plays but will encounter severe freezing when dying and starting over again but eventually recovers
Ghoul Panic: Truly severe speed issue dipping down into the single frames and basically rendering the game unplayable despite being able to keep a full emulated 60 FPS
Jet Moto 2: Code dump upon trying to load a level
Thunder Force V: First boss can crash the emulator can kick you back to HBC

For those of you who haven't already, I highly recommend checking it out: https://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc/releases

Last edited by Disorarara,
Reactions: GustavoReis

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
There's an unfortunate bug with this new rewrite of the dynarec core, it seems that game logic can now run slower than the framerate - there are 2 games where this is particularly disastrous:
Rival Schools now runs full speed but the in game speed slows down dramatically, no matter what you do
Ghoul Panic slows down to single frame speeds even though it's still running at 60fps

I suspect that other games also have incorrectly emulated speeds such as Gran Turismo 2 which leads to an overall slower gameplay experience, which is really unfortunate as WiiSX 3.0 is a HUGE update that basically marks the majority of PSX games as fully playable on Wii, games like Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy 7 and Vagrant Story run at full speed with no frameskip which is truly incredible to see on the original Wii. It's barely worth even making a compatibility list anymore since almost all games can now be assumed as working and full speed so it's only worth pointing out which games don't actually run, so here's my following list of games that don't run in any capacity or have truly game breaking speed issues:

NHL Open Ice 2-on-2 Challenge: Crashes after loading, unknown if it worked fine on older WiiSX build
Roll Away: Now crashes after the first level, used to work perfectly fine on older builds of WiiSX
Rival Schools: Speed issues, runs slower than it should despite keeping a full 60 FPS
Judge Dredd: NTSC version has a severe freeze that renders it unplayable, PAL version plays but will encounter severe freezing when dying and starting over again but eventually recovers
Ghoul Panic: Truly severe speed issue dipping down into the single frames and basically rendering the game unplayable despite being able to keep a full emulated 60 FPS

For those of you who haven't already, I highly recommend checking it out: https://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc/releases
Destruction Derby Raw runs very very slow on WiiStation 2.0 and wisx 3.0

Reactions: SaulFabre

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Destruction Derby Raw runs very very slow on WiiStation 2.0 and wisx 3.0
I tried this on WiiSX 3.0, it actually runs full speed when you get into the game - the loading screens and some other static screens drop the framerate to 5fps but FMVs and gameplay is full speed so I would recommend making a savestate once the game is finally loaded up

Einhander will crash and codedump if left on the attract mode
Elemental Gearbolt doesn't load after the first two screens, unfortunate!

EDIT: All of the games previously listed as not working (Roll Away, NHL 2-on-2, Elemental Gearbolt etc,) do work and play on the last released build of WiiSX RX, so it's definitely worth keeping older builds of WiiSX as a backup even if the speed is not nearly as good
https://github.com/niuus/wiisxrx/releases

EDIT 2: Using the older build of WiiSXR, I was able to get games like Soukyuu Gurentai, Roll Away and Elemental Gearbolt to run at full speed, using a combination of WiiSX 3.0, WiiSX RX and WiiSXR I haven't encountered a game that was unable to run yet. The closest game I have found that I don't consider playable is Fighter Maker 3D which runs awful in any iteration of WiiSX

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
EDIT: All of the games previously listed as not working (Roll Away, NHL 2-on-2, Elemental Gearbolt etc,) do work and play on the last released build of WiiSX RX, so it's definitely worth keeping older builds of WiiSX as a backup even if the speed is not nearly as good
https://github.com/niuus/wiisxrx/releases

EDIT 2: Using the older build of WiiSXR, I was able to get games like Soukyuu Gurentai, Roll Away and Elemental Gearbolt to run at full speed, using a combination of WiiSX 3.0, WiiSX RX and WiiSXR I haven't encountered a game that was unable to run yet. The closest game I have found that I don't consider playable is Fighter Maker 3D which runs awful in any iteration of WiiSX
I keep an small "troublesome games list" here for WiiSXRX (click on "New games working"). You can check if a game was running with a particular version, so you wouldn't have to go back as far as WiiSXR which is completely superseded at this point. If you happen to know of more games working with one version and not others, let me know, so i'll test them and add it to that list.

Last edited by niuus,

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Sorry but as stated on the Wiistation thread, quite an amount of games still dont work at full speed, or give you crap :P, right off the bat, here's the ones that flat out dont work or fuck up randomly.

SFEX2+(Dsi crash), Shaman King (Fuck ups after first fight on VS), Card Captor Sakura Clow Card Magic (dont boot) and Tetris with Card Captor Sakura (Locks on 1st screen, Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals (Loading screen never finishes), Some Demo/Sample discs just Dsi crashes or returns you to the HBC , and that was on Wiistation with the PSP Bios.

Also some games still dont run at full speed, like Tomba.
Post automatically merged:

I keep an small "troublesome games list" here for WiiSXRX (click on "New games working"). You can check if a game was running with a particular version, so you wouldn't have to go back as far as WiiSXR which is completely superseded at this point. If you happen to know of more games working with one version and not others, let me know, so i'll test them and add it to that list.
Aint that list made BEFORE lightrec and the PSP Bios among with the emulators improvements?

Last edited by MeXen,
  • Haha
Reactions: niuus

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry but as stated on the Wiistation thread, quite an amount of games still dont work at full speed, or give you crap :P, right off the bat, here's the ones that flat out dont work or fuck up randomly.

SFEX2+(Dsi crash), Shaman King (Fuck ups after first fight on VS), Card Captor Sakura Clow Card Magic (dont boot) and Tetris with Card Captor Sakura (Locks on 1st screen, Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals (Loading screen never finishes), Some Demo/Sample discs just Dsi crashes or returns you to the HBC , and that was on Wiistation with the PSP Bios.

Also some games still dont run at full speed, like Tomba.
Post automatically merged:

Aint that list made BEFORE lightrec and the PSP Bios among with the emulators improvements?

I implore you try WiiSX 3.0, the updated much improved lightrec hasn't been integrated into Wiistation yet, SFEX2+ runs full speed with dithering off and so does shaman king, though the rest of those games don't really work still as far as I was able to test.

WiiSX RX 3.3 before the lightrec as far as I've tested has the highest compatibility so far of all the released forks of WiiSX which is truly amazing, unfortunately on the humble Wii without any overclocking it comes at a speed penalty so that's why I go further back to WiiSXR which has the fastest dynarec core of the pre-lightrec builds but the least compatibility - there's a very small amount of games that will run full speed on WiiSXR such as Roll Away, Elemental Gearbolt and Soukyuu Gurentai.

Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Here's one thats even better. https://youtu.be/Wx5HOQuP7Xk