BlindDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mateyo said:
metroid prime 1 works

it would be nice if you could edit your first post in an more organized way to keep up the list thanks
smile.gif
OK but you guys need to explain how and with which file it is done with.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This may work to get House of the Dead 2 working from the 2 & 3 Returns game disk. I'll try it out if someone helps me figure out what files to swap/rename/replace.

I have the ISO extracted and opened. Here are the relevant dol files:

Partition:1/main.dol
Partition:1/ZExec/hod2.dol
Partition:2/ZExec/hod3.dol

So clearly the main.dol is loading the connection menus and options/save files, etc. and it calls on the hod2.dol or hod3.dol files... I'm curious if swapping the names will cause the main menu to load HoD2 when selecting HoD3, or if that wouldn't help since the problem is in the dol itself.

Of course, you could certainly replace the main.dol for each game and you'd immediately jump into that game when loading that ISO. That isn't very helpful since the scrubbed image isn't very small...

If anyone has any ideas I'm all up for hearing them. This is probably a tricky one...

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone make any progress on MoH:H2? It seems like you should replace the main.dol with the "game.dol" but there isn't enough space to make the replacement and Scrubber 1.31 won't do it...

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Prime:

Ok so I did an experiment to see what is up with metroid. As it turns out, there are two dol files other than the main.dol
I used the second one, and the game booted up just fine. The only problem is, it starts the game and skips the title screen all together.

So is it playable? Yep
Problem? Yep. It skips the title screen, so im not sure how you would go about loading your game. You can play it, but using that file, you would have to play the whole game in one shot. Good luck with that.

I am going to try using the first file instead of the second one and see how it goes. I will post my results.

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
squablo said:
Problem? Yep. It skips the title screen, so im not sure how you would go about loading your game. You can play it, but using that file, you would have to play the whole game in one shot. Good luck with that.

I am going to try using the first file instead of the second one and see how it goes. I will post my results.

This wasn't a problem for Starfox 64. Be a man and play through the whole game in one sitting.

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
natemckn said:
squablo said:

This wasn't a problem for Starfox 64. Be a man and play through the whole game in one sitting.

Now that right there is funny!!! Holy crap seriously I just laughed out loud!!

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested metroid with the first dol file instead of the second. You get the title screen this way, but after that it just goes to green screen, then wii menu.

So for metroid, it does work, but you wont be able to load a saved game, and getting thru this game in one shot would be a really long marathon.

Lets all hope that the metroid prime trilogy works well when it comes out, but I dont have too high of hopes for that working well.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
squablo said:
Just tested metroid with the first dol file instead of the second. You get the title screen this way, but after that it just goes to green screen, then wii menu.

So for metroid, it does work, but you wont be able to load a saved game, and getting thru this game in one shot would be a really long marathon.

Lets all hope that the metroid prime trilogy works well when it comes out, but I dont have too high of hopes for that working well.

if you already have a save on the Wii for this game it automatically loads the save and saves correctly, meaning fully playable, I've just about got the game beat on the USB Loader

edit: So for your fix just have a start save already, and the game will then save correctly, and load your save automatically

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
This may work to get House of the Dead 2 working from the 2 & 3 Returns game disk. I'll try it out if someone helps me figure out what files to swap/rename/replace.

So clearly the main.dol is loading the connection menus and options/save files, etc. and it calls on the hod2.dol or hod3.dol files... I'm curious if swapping the names will cause the main menu to load HoD2 when selecting HoD3, or if that wouldn't help since the problem is in the dol itself.

Of course, you could certainly replace the main.dol for each game and you'd immediately jump into that game when loading that ISO. That isn't very helpful since the scrubbed image isn't very small...

If anyone has any ideas I'm all up for hearing them. This is probably a tricky one...

I'll kiss the feet of anyone who comes up with a fix for this! Okay, maybe not... but I'd be awfully grateful.
smile.gif

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:
Hooya said:

I'll kiss the feet of anyone who comes up with a fix for this! Okay, maybe not... but I'd be awfully grateful.
smile.gif

I don't have hod to try, but you could try replacing the main.dol with hod2.dol for start if it works you could then try hod2 (renaming to main.dol). If it works and you want both ISO on your drive you would have to do some title renaming, but you could delete and data not being used reducing the ISO size.

3 Possible outcomes:
1 won't work
2 Works but you won't be able to navigate to the main screen.
3 Works but crashes if you try to return, more than likely though either 1 or 2 will be the out come.

One thing I don't like about Scrubber is that I have to create a copy of the ISO as if you make any changes to an ISO you cannot save as a different named ISO it will automaticly change save the file on on the fly. So remember to do a backup of your original before changing anything.

mateyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
for metroid you need to have an savegame of your game. so use your burned version. start a game.
after that you can use the patched metroid from usbloader to play the game.
for hotd.
havnt tried it, but if you replace the main.dol with the hod2.dol it should directly boot to hod2.
so if you want to play both. you would need 2 entries on your hdd of hod. one linking to hod2 and one normal image which can start hod3.
this would maybe need some editing of image, f.e. to delete in the hod2 iso all hod3 stuff, to shrink the size.
also you need an other id for hod2 than for hod3 on your hdd, or else the loader wont accept it.

edit: i dont know if its possible but it would be easier to if you were able to select the dol you want to start from via usbloader. maybe someone of the usbloader devs could comment if it would be possible to add hacks for these games to their usb loaders.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
Trying MOH2 the and the file to replace is game.dol
However when trying to replace with the main.dol Scrubber gives me a "can't find free space to add the file" error. Is this because the file is to big like 6mb as apposed to the 300kb main.dol or is it because I need to Unscrubber the ISO first. In this case does anyone have an original they could try! As I don't have a .dif file.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
House of the dead 2 will play if you replace main.dol with hot2.dol - it loads straight into House of the dead 2. You can no longer get into house of the dead 3 so you will need to have both copies on the WBFS partition if you wish to play both games.

Since you can't have 2 games with the same DiscID you need to change it on your modified House of the Dead ISO. You can do that with a hex editor or with the Wii ISO Title Renamer:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmmw1lmmnjm

greevedogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks blinddude for posting this info! i am able to get MKA working no prob! as for SSX, following the instructions above...ssx loads, goes to the EA sports BIG screen, then goes all white and freezes there....
i do not have a save game on the wii which is why i think it's freezing right there, so i am in the process of burning my ssx blur iso to a disc and creating a save game that way to see if that is where the problem lies....anyone else have a problem like that?

mateyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i loaded ssx for the first time after replacing the main.dol with the ssx.dol. so it should work without a savegame.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Ohh, Don't tell me lEOTck did it to you? :O:sad:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah we all know luke is who leo's smashing
    +1
    Oh :shit:! And I didn't get to 📽️ it! :angry::sad::cry: :hateit:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST FOUND OUT THAT ULTERIOR MOTIVES WAS FOUND YESTERDAY, AND IT WAS FROM P O R N 💀😭
    +1
    😱 .............................. :evil::tpi::evil:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, what's ulterior motives?
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    it was a lostwave song
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @zeith_7, 1) what's lostwave? 2) give context
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    lostwaves are like songs that became lost
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    they are partially or never found
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    ulterior motives is one of the internets lostwaves
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok read the Wikipedia article
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    and basically people were trying to find it for a while after a post with the lost songs only snippet
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @zeith_7, and an obscure norp film had the song
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    correct
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    the orginal snippet was from a pirated verison of the film basically
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    or so i think
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    i never expected it to get discovered this year/month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol this neighbor "I'm always hearing him shit" I'm sorry would you like my shits to be more settle
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    never bring a knife to a gunfight, but bringing a gun to a knife fight is suggested
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Mario Vs dk 2 is my childhood
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is*
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, corrected it
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, corrected it