Hacking working Mortal Combat, Call of Duty 3 and others

broksonic

Trophies
XP
Country
I am having problem with medal of honour heroes 2. I have usb loader gx 550.dol and game starts ok with alt. boot on, But after about 2 mins of playing the game in either Arcade or campaign the game freezes with a load buzzing noise.
I have the pal version

Edit

Have managed to get it to work now. It was because i had the power lead from my hdd in the other wii usb port. Do idea why this should be a problem because ever other game i have works fine with it in

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
NeoNight said:
SO Mk so far doesn't work with the alt-dol method right?

You're kidding, right? lol

QUOTE(WiiShizzza @ Jun 23 2009, 06:26 AM)
Would be great if someone finds a way to do it without messing with the isos.

lol, I'am talking about using an alt-dol through USBloader GX, not modifying the ISO and to replace the dol that's inside of it.

edit:
edit:
edit:
Never mind, it works fine IN USBloader GX with Anti 002,Patch contry settings,load alt-dol, and block IOS reload on. I used wii scrubber 1.4 to extract the dol, instead of using 1.3 and now for some reason using the same dol(just extracted using the new version) everything works fine (well execpt for the fact that the wiimote didn't seem to work)!

BiboPenta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I tried setting up HOTD2&3 to load the games directly. I can get HOTD2 to load directly by replacing main.dol. HOTD3 still loads the menu to choose 2 or 3 though. Wich main.dol do i replace, the one in UPDATE or DATA?

And i got MOH:H2 to work with alternate dol placed on my usb card. the dol must be named like the game ID.

Thanks.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another_waster said:
I dont understand how to use Wii Scrubber ??? It wont let me open up the Mortal Kombat iso file, hmmm
Do you have a copy of the key.bin file in the same directory?

moviemadnessman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jarock said:
D34DL1N3R said:
Hooya said:
This may work to get House of the Dead 2 working from the 2 & 3 Returns game disk. I'll try it out if someone helps me figure out what files to swap/rename/replace.

I have the ISO extracted and opened. Here are the relevant dol files:

Partition:1/main.dol
Partition:1/ZExec/hod2.dol
Partition:2/ZExec/hod3.dol

So clearly the main.dol is loading the connection menus and options/save files, etc. and it calls on the hod2.dol or hod3.dol files... I'm curious if swapping the names will cause the main menu to load HoD2 when selecting HoD3, or if that wouldn't help since the problem is in the dol itself.

Of course, you could certainly replace the main.dol for each game and you'd immediately jump into that game when loading that ISO. That isn't very helpful since the scrubbed image isn't very small...

If anyone has any ideas I'm all up for hearing them. This is probably a tricky one...

I'll kiss the feet of anyone who comes up with a fix for this! Okay, maybe not... but I'd be awfully grateful.
smile.gif

I don't have hod to try, but you could try replacing the main.dol with hod2.dol for start if it works you could then try hod2 (renaming to main.dol). If it works and you want both ISO on your drive you would have to do some title renaming, but you could delete and data not being used reducing the ISO size.

3 Possible outcomes:
1 won't work
2 Works but you won't be able to navigate to the main screen.
3 Works but crashes if you try to return, more than likely though either 1 or 2 will be the out come.

One thing I don't like about Scrubber is that I have to create a copy of the ISO as if you make any changes to an ISO you cannot save as a different named ISO it will automaticly change save the file on on the fly. So remember to do a backup of your original before changing anything.
In response you your options, switching the hotd2.dol with the main loads HotD2 directly (no pre-menu, not even safety warnings). Using USBloader GX (probably others, too), it is possible to set this hotd2.dol as GAMEID.dol, and then either select for the alt dol path to be used or not, depending on which of the two games you want to play.

For all those who want to play HotD2+3 without having to switch something every time:
HOWEVER ... I saw that as extremely annoying, so, here's what I'd recommend instead (and if this was covered elsewhere, well, it wasn't covered in this thread):
1. Install cIOS 222/223 (even if you have cIOS38...as far as my testing has seen, they don't conflict. Obviously, do it at your own discretion). I know they have a link to the installer on the USBloader GX page, but since I am not sure what is and isn't allowed to be linked, I leave that to you to get.
2. Install 222 AND 223 (run it twice). For 222, I used 249/222/36, and for 223, I used 249/223/60+36.
3. When in USBloader GX (I don't have personal experience with other loaders, so your setting will vary), click on your HotD image, then settings. Have it loading with 223, and also set it to block IOS reload. Save.

You will now be able to play HotD2 or HotD3 via the in game menu, and even switch between them. I have not encountered any problems in gameplay doing things this way, however, when exiting, you'll need to power off (I've found that I can't use the Home button on the remote to get to the Wii menu; it simply freezes on a black screen ... unsure if it is a game issue or a wii issue).

One final thing to add, though, is this is not a catch all for games that require alternative methods to play via USB. In this case, HotD has 2 game dol files, so by default, it wants to reload for the second one, and that's what causes hanging for most people. Another example is CoD3, in which each level appears to be its own dol file. As such, even using 222/223 on it doesn't get it to work (249 causes it to reboot the wii when loading a mission, 222 freezes before booting, and 223 freezes when loading a mission). Super Swing Golf also will no load at all using 222/223.

To the original list, Super Swing Golf works with the Alternate Dol method.

I hope all this helps someone ... this thread is the reason I joined the site
smile.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
wiiman.au said:
did anyone get either Call of Duty 3 or Sam & Max working off a USB HDD and if so how???

I am playing CoD 3 using CFG Loader with settings: IOS 223 mload, 002 Anti on.

Dunno bout Sam and Max, dont have it.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
G0dLiKe said:
wiiman.au said:
did anyone get either Call of Duty 3 or Sam & Max working off a USB HDD and if so how???

sorry for the bump but what rev IOS 222/223 are your running with what merge setting, cant seem to get COD 3 running with any version of Hermes cIOS it just crashes at the loading screen when starting a campaigne

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pepxl said:
G0dLiKe said:
wiiman.au said:

sorry for the bump but what rev IOS 222/223 are your running with what merge setting, cant seem to get COD 3 running with any version of Hermes cIOS it just crashes at the loading screen when starting a campaigne

He doesn't know why it works for him. He has either enabled IOS Reload block or he is using altermative .dol loading. This could be one of the very few games the IOS Reload block function in some loaders works.

vicerobinson

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HotD 2 still has issues when using the alt dol, hermes 222, wanis 249, block ios reload, or any combination of them.
Simulation pret immobilier
When unlocking the 'one time only' mini game in arcade mode, after playing it either freezes on a black screen or reboots to the system menu... depending on what options listed above you are using.

I am just going to play via disc from now on.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DGenerateKane said:
I can't get MK to work in CFG. I've tried the alt-dol method but it hangs before even loading the game.
You might have a bad dump, because without alt-dol I always get to the controller selection screen before it hangs.

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
I can get mortal kombat to load in USBloader GX and configurable USB loader by using alt dol, but when I select this with wiiflow (rev 304), it still loads the main.dol?

Anyone else able to load mortal kombat from wiiflow with the alt dol method?

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, just wash your clothes and everything will be fine