WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
u can absolutely use the wiiscrubber method, where you switch the main.dol with the game.dol....
And to use the altternative dol with NeoGamma, I can only say wait for NeoGamma R5
smile.gif

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiShizzza said:
u can absolutely use the wiiscrubber method, where you switch the main.dol with the game.dol....
And to use the altternative dol with NeoGamma, I can only say wait for NeoGamma R5
smile.gif
Did you manage to switch the main with game.dol in MOHH2 as I cannot even if dumming other partition files?. Mind did not try to hard as I just extracted and used alt dol instead. Switching in some games is better anyhow as some loaders don't support alt dol loading so I find this a much better option.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i don't like messing with the images. That's why I better wait for an update from WiiPower.
also good to know is, that if an alt.dol is bigger then the main.dol you could replace unneeded language files
with some 1kb garbage files to free some space for the alt.dol.

But I won't recommend to mess with the isos. so wait for a NeoGamma update.

liammurphy1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, I've tried to get Red Steel/MoH2 (both PAL) working with USB Loader GX but no success. It could be my HDD though...

I'm running the latest forwarder with rev555 and cIOS 38 rev 13 on a PAL wii updated to 4.0E.

I already installed Red Steel and MoH2 to the HDD then had to extract both the ISOs with WBFS Manager 2.5 and then use WiiScrubber 1.40 in order to get the dol file. I renamed it to the 6 digit code and enabled alt dol in the Red Steel and MoH2 game settings. The custom path points to the HDD rather than the SD card but with Red Steel the game loads the black screen with 'Nintendo' written at the bottom then the Western Digital Essentiald (250gb) HDD spins down and the wiimote turns off. The same thing happens with MoH2 however rather than the black screen it loads the wiimote/safety screen then everything powers down. For both cases I need to hold the power button down on the Wii for 5 secs to turn it off and then try it again. I tried before to use cIOS 38 rev 10 but this didn't work either. All other games seem to work fine (so far!)

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you see the Nintendo screen on red steel then it is not loading the alt dol. This is the game disc. You have either forgotten to turn on the setting and save it or you have messed up a path/filename somewhere.

liammurphy1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks giantpune - I tried to extract the alt dols again and copy them over - worked fine this time for Red Steel but not MoH2 instead of showing the wiimote/safety screen it is just black. This doesn't seem to work with fix 002 + alt dol on either 249 or 222 (just thought I'd try in case!) - Oh, just rebooted the Wii, tried again and it worked fine!!! Only other setting I changed was to turn on Block IOS Reload as well, with 249.

Thanks again, such a great app! Wow, already on 557! You work too hard - definitely drink a beer!
grog.gif

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
liammurphy1985 said:
Guys, I've tried to get Red Steel/MoH2 (both PAL) working with USB Loader GX but no success. It could be my HDD though...

I'm running the latest forwarder with rev555 and cIOS 38 rev 13 on a PAL wii updated to 4.0E.

I already installed Red Steel and MoH2 to the HDD then had to extract both the ISOs with WBFS Manager 2.5 and then use WiiScrubber 1.40 in order to get the dol file. I renamed it to the 6 digit code and enabled alt dol in the Red Steel and MoH2 game settings. The custom path points to the HDD rather than the SD card but with Red Steel the game loads the black screen with 'Nintendo' written at the bottom then the Western Digital Essentiald (250gb) HDD spins down and the wiimote turns off. The same thing happens with MoH2 however rather than the black screen it loads the wiimote/safety screen then everything powers down. For both cases I need to hold the power button down on the Wii for 5 secs to turn it off and then try it again. I tried before to use cIOS 38 rev 10 but this didn't work either. All other games seem to work fine (so far!)

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Just wait a lil longer.
Loaders with better alt.dol compatibility are in the making...
With future revisions you can play those games.

liammurphy1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiShizzza said:
Just wait a lil longer.
Loaders with better alt.dol compatibility are in the making...
With future revisions you can play those games.

Thanks WiiShizzza - got it working in the end. A bit of an error somewhere along the line and then a bit of playing around, then the old classic - turn it off, reboot and try again! That seemed to work!

Not been posting much around the forum but read through a stupid number of posts to get the Wii to the point it is now. Thanks to all you guys who've helped out with USB Loader GX and also Backup Loader befor this. I'm always amazed by what can be done!

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there a burger island fix i can try till

Loaders with better alt.dol compatibility are made?

please and thank you.

edited to say:

thanx, much appreciated , dexter222 , im not sure what im doin wrong when i tried that 1st couple tries....guess ill try again.

[You don't need alt dols for burger island just the 002 fix in usb loader GX =was my 1st try then , i recopied the game to hd a few times... since it worked from disk evrytime.]

kboxer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cheers for your input guys I got SSx Blur And Mortal Kombat working with previous posts am just curious how Red Steel was gotten to work.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
overloard dark legend PAL on the Wii gives a disc read error when i try to start via disc channel and geko i posted this in the release thread and was ignored, any ideas? i have a 3.2E wii.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jalaneme said:
overloard dark legend PAL on the Wii gives a disc read error when i try to start via disc channel and geko i posted this in the release thread and was ignored, any ideas? i have a 3.2E wii.

Maybe it was ignored because it was missing important information. I doubt the retail disc has the 3.2 update on it or lower. And this post here should be ignored because it's THE WRONG THREAD.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
jalaneme said:

Maybe it was ignored because it was missing important information. I doubt the retail disc has the 3.2 update on it or lower. And this post here should be ignored because it's THE WRONG THREAD.

well according to this topic it says to try and get certain games working, and from what i have read in this topic this is a place for tricky games that don't boot, i gave more than enough details about my problem, the only thing i don't like about new releases is no one talks about any of the problems the games have anymore which is a shame so you are clueless on how to get the game working itself.

also i was referring to the 3.2E firmware on my Wii not the firmware on the game disc, next time learn to read.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jalaneme said:
WiiPower said:
jalaneme said:

well according to this topic it says to try and get certain games working, and from what i have read in this topic this is a place for tricky games that don't boot, i gave more than enough details about my problem, the only thing i don't like about new releases is no one talks about any of the problems the games have anymore which is a shame so you are clueless on how to get the game working itself.

also i was referring to the 3.2E firmware on my Wii not the firmware on the game disc, next time learn to read.

Lol "next time learn to read". Hmm, this thread is about multi .dol games(IOS Reloading games), see here for a list:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307

Also we are here in the "Wii - Backup Loaders" forum so i assume you are trying to get a backup disc to work not a retail disc. And suddenly out of nowhere my confusion about the firmware makes sense, since you need to do something to play the game WITHOUT doing its update. So your post is lacking the information HOW YOU SKIP THE UPDATES! and in general HOW TO YOU MANAGE TO START BACKUPS FROM DISC CHANNEL!

My guess:
You are using a modchip, used brickcrap, the game wants an IOS >36, you have that IOS installed, but it can't work, because your disc is trucha patched(due to brickcrap!), while the used IOS has the bug fixed. If that's the case, what the h... are you doing in a softmod thread without telling that you use a modchip?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
WiiPower said:
jalaneme said:
WiiPower said:
jalaneme said:

Lol "next time learn to read". Hmm, this thread is about multi .dol games(IOS Reloading games), see here for a list:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307

Also we are here in the "Wii - Backup Loaders" forum so i assume you are trying to get a backup disc to work not a retail disc. And suddenly out of nowhere my confusion about the firmware makes sense, since you need to do something to play the game WITHOUT doing its update. So your post is lacking the information HOW YOU SKIP THE UPDATES! and in general HOW TO YOU MANAGE TO START BACKUPS FROM DISC CHANNEL!

My guess:
You are using a modchip, used brickcrap, the game wants an IOS >36, you have that IOS installed, but it can't work, because your disc is trucha patched(due to brickcrap!), while the used IOS has the bug fixed. If that's the case, what the h... are you doing in a softmod thread without telling that you use a modchip?
and that's why I pay respect to you my friend
wink.gif
cause you are the Wiipower of analyzing
wink.gif
and I bet you are correct about it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same thing happened to many in the political section.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    we should kill the political section and ban all the active participants
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @The Real Jdbye, Or not have the political section on a gaming forum to begin with.
    @SylverReZ yeah, but it's too late for that :(
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    True
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    do yall think it's safe enough to update to 18.0.1 ?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    as a complete newbie on the switch shizzles, i'm afraid to go from 17.0 to 18.0.1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or members could just have self control and learn how to not get so worked up
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    and most important of all, i don't have any "sysnand CFW", I keep the sys free of modifications for online play
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sp3off, I would check first on the Switch CFW guide to make sure its safe to update.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If you really want to ensure that you're super cautious, don't update.
    i always say there are 2 things which should never be discussed on the internet, politics and religion
    +1
    in fact, that kinda applies to real life too because discussing them with anybody who doesn't share the same views as you do just leads to conflicts
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yet we keep bringing them up
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    VOTE GOD 2024!
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @The Real Jdbye, Or any controversial opinions for that matter, of which they can be used against your will and leads to fights.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    When we voting mthrnite as GBAtemp pres?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @SylverReZ So far on the hacks.guide website nothing seems to indicate that it's safe or not
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    protect trans kids
    some people are capable of calmly discussing such things, but on a public forum or anywhere with a large amount of people, you're going to have people who can't
    +1
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Scires seems to have changed his own 1.7.0 release from "pre-release" to "release", while the tag is still named prerelease
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't melt the snowflakes keep temps down
    +1
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I do not miss moderating religion topics in general OTC.
    i would even say most people who have any strong opinions on either of them aren't able to discuss them calmly
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i would even say most people who have any strong opinions on either of them aren't able to...