ROM Hack Translation Yo-kai Watch Blasters 2 [English Translation]

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
DISCLAIMER:
THIS MOD IS A STRICTLY NON-PROFIT PROJECT CREATED BY THE FANS FOR THE FANS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
busters 2 release banner.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As all Yo-kai Watch fans know, Yo-kai Watch Blasters 2 aka formally Yo-kai Watch Busters 2 has never been released outside of Japan. That's where this fan translation mod comes into play! This mod aims to fully translate the entire game into English for both versions of the game Sword and Magnum so that all those fans in the west can finally have a chance to enjoy this hidden gem of a game!

Link to download the Mod's latest version 1.2.0:

Installation:

(MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE OFFICIAL UPDATED GAME VERSION 1.5 FOR BOTH GAMES SWORD AND MAGNUM)

Installation of the project is very easy and straight forward. Everything is built around Luma and LayeredFS. So all you have to do is move the supplied folder "00040000001C9C00" into the "titles" folder in your luma folder and drop the full folder in. That's it, Mod installed!
(Take note this mod also works on Emulators but I'm not sure the correct install path)

The provided "00040000001C9C00" folder in the mod download is for the Magnum version of the game. To install the
mod for the Sword version of the game all you have to do is rename the "00040000001C9C00" folder ID to the Sword versions folder ID which is "00040000001C9400" then you are all set and installed for that version as well!

Also, keep in mind when updating the mod to a newer released version it is always advisable to delete all the old files to avoid any possible errors or data corruption that might occur. Just delete the entire old "00040000001C9C00" or "00040000001C9400" folder and move the new versions folder in its place.

Alright that's about it, in closing thanks so much again for downloading this mod and supporting the project! If you haven't already come join our lovely Discord server that I'll link below! Now go enjoy the world of Yo-kai Watch Blasters 2 finally in English my friends!

Link to our Yo-kai Watch Modding Discord:
https://discord.gg/zPEc7ffqrc

Last edited by DrgnMasterKota,

TheBaka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you guys got quite a big amount of discouragement along the way and I just wanted to say, thank you, it was truly selfless of whoever worked on this project to do something like this. (I am testing it right now, and the translations seem spot on... Except that the armors descriptions are in Italian and the characters don't have their flare that makes them, well, them. Other than that, great job!)

reirahul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much, I've been looking forward to play this game. Is there a possibility of doing Yo-kai Watch Sangokushi next?

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Update version 1.0.1 now released! (Main project page updated with new download link) This update polishes a lot more of chapter 1 while also translating item description text with a few more solid backend translations and changes. Enjoy! Lot's of more updates to come in the future to continue to perfect the game.

magolorsoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU FOR THIS, im pretty attached to the characters this game focused on so i'm glad to finally be able to play it lol. & just to make sure i'm not misunderstanding anything: this works with a physical cart right?

(edited after reading all the posts after this one) Good lord what is happening in here

Last edited by magolorsoul,

NebulousNeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought it'd be worth mentioning that after I joined their server to voice my concerns regarding the translation quality (which I found to be very poor and full of needless story changes/rewrites) I was swiftly antagonized by the leader who pinged the entire server twice to guilt trip them into dog piling on me, and even when I talked to their translation team privately, my criticism was not taken serious and written off as a jealous hater. (Seriously, I spent a good 10 minutes trying to explain to one of the translators that 100 yen didn't equal 100 dollars/euros)

Unless they decide to be a bit more faithful to the original game and actually translate it normally (which probably won't happen seeing as there are very few fans of this series who speak Japanese) I wouldn't touch this patch with a ten foot pole.

Hark0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just thought it'd be worth mentioning that after I joined their server to voice my concerns regarding the translation quality (which I found to be very poor and full of needless story changes/rewrites) I was swiftly antagonized by the leader who pinged the entire server twice to guilt trip them into dog piling on me, and even when I talked to their translation team privately, my criticism was not taken serious and written off as a jealous hater. (Seriously, I spent a good 10 minutes trying to explain to one of the translators that 100 yen didn't equal 100 dollars/euros)

Unless they decide to be a bit more faithful to the original game and actually translate it normally (which probably won't happen seeing as there are very few fans of this series who speak Japanese) I wouldn't touch this patch with a ten foot pole.
You DO realize that even official localizations are rarely perfect/faithful to the Japanese script? Getting things for free is not good enough for you? No, you are entitled to perfection! If someone dedicates their OWN free time to create something many people (you included) wish for... for FREE... it is worthless unless it is perfect/the way you want it. I don't even know what to say to that. :wtf:

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which version is better? Wheres Yokai Blaster 2 SHIELD?
Post automatically merged:

You DO realize that even official localizations are rarely perfect/faithful to the Japanese script? Getting things for free is not good enough for you? No, you are entitled to perfection! If someone dedicates their OWN free time to create something many people (you included) wish for... for FREE... it is worthless unless it is perfect/the way you want it. I don't even know what to say to that. :wtf:
Just because they translated something for free doesn't excused the quality of it. Just like how Sega did SOME good stuff in Sonic Frontiers doesn't mean it excuses the fact the rehash stuff again.

Last edited by PacBunnyXV07,

Hark0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Which version is better? Wheres Yokai Blaster 2 SHIELD?

Just because they translated something for free doesn't excused the quality of it. Just like how Sega did SOME good stuff in Sonic Frontiers doesn't mean it excuses the fact the rehash stuff again.
Wrong... you don't get to demand "quality" for free! Actually, you don't get to demand or expect anything! You are not entitled to the labor of others! There is no need to excuse anything when it comes to FREE fan translations, mods, homebrews, exploids, hacks or cheats and so forth. You get to say thank you or maybe politely ask for a change/give a suggestion. But the ones doing the work for FREE are in no way obligated to listen to anything you or anyone else has to say about their contribution. Yes, quality would be nice... but you know what? If you want it done better. How about, you put in the effort and make that happen yourself!?

Reactions: Lumstar

NebulousNeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong... you don't get to demand "quality" for free! Actually, you don't get to demand or expect anything! You are not entitled to the labor of others! There is no need to excuse anything when it comes to FREE fan translations, mods, homebrews, exploids, hacks or cheats and so forth. You get to say thank you or maybe politely ask for a change/give a suggestion. But the ones doing the work for FREE are in no way obligated to listen to anything you or anyone else has to say about their contribution. Yes, quality would be nice... but you know what? If you want it done better. How about, you put in the effort and make that happen yourself!?
Yeah, that's not how fan translations works. By that logic, anyone could say "I'm gonna make a translation patch" and just fill it with random sentences and it wouldn't matter because it took time for them to do that and they put it online for free. Just because it's free does not mean it gets a pass on quality. There are lots of free translation patches for games out there that don't offer a sub-par translation just because they know they can get away with it because people like you will excuse it just because it's put up for free online.

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, that's not how fan translations works. By that logic, anyone could say "I'm gonna make a translation patch" and just fill it with random sentences and it wouldn't matter because it took time for them to do that and they put it online for free. Just because it's free does not mean it gets a pass on quality. There are lots of free translation patches for games out there that don't offer a sub-par translation just because they know they can get away with it because people like you will excuse it just because it's put up for free online.
Then do it better.

I'm just glad someone fan tranlates those games. Even it it's not 100% accurate or perfect. And crying here and on the discord isn't gonna help. All you do is pour in some more drama.
Let them translate the game however they want. If you don't like it, just don't play it and move on.

Hark0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wrong, this is exactly how it works! If they so choose, they get to COMPLETELY change EVERYTHING about the entire game! It is their time and their project. And again, you don't get to demand anything and I (or people like me) do not need to excuse anything! I simply give you my opinion about your opinion! Quality is something you get to demand if you PAY for a product. If something is offered for free, you are not entitled to anything except your opinion... which nobody needs to listen to because it carries no weight whatsoever.

NebulousNeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong, this is exactly how it works! If they so choose, they get to COMPLETELY change EVERYTHING about the entire game! It is their time and their project. And again, you don't get to demand anything and I (or people like me) do not need to excuse anything! I simply give you my opinion about your opinion! Quality is something you get to demand if you PAY for a product. If something is offered for free, you are not entitled to anything except your opinion... which nobody needs to listen to because it carries no weight whatsoever.
Then at that point, don't call it a translation patch. That's not translation.

Then do it better.

I'm just glad someone fan tranlates those games. Even it it's not 100% accurate or perfect. And crying here and on the discord isn't gonna help. All you do is pour in some more drama.
Let them translate the game however they want. If you don't like it, just don't play it and move on.
See, I hate that response "Just do it better or shut up." That does not change the fact this translation is very inaccurate. I shouldn't have to be willing to do the same thing just so I could comment on its quality. That's not how feedback works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up