Applying gct cheats to retail GameCube games?

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry if this is a total Newbie Question, but I asked it in the Newbie Questions thread a month ago and didn't receive an answer.

What should I use to play GameCube games, from the retail discs, with .gct cheats applied? I tried using Gecko OS through Homebrew Channel but it just doesn't want to apply the cheats.

It's been quite a long time since my Wii was modified, so I'm a little bit out of the loop. I would super appreciate it if somebody could tell me (or link me to somewhere that tells me) the entire process, just to make sure I've got the right versions of the right software and everything's in the right places on the SD card.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
With Nintendont you can play your retail discs, and it can use gct codes,

The codes can usually go on the same folder as the backup is, but you can also put it on a folder on the root of your SD card named "codes" and the gct files need to have the game's ID as the name of the file.
I've never tried to launch discs with codes on, so I can't confirm it works myself, but at least you can try that.

Here's more info:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/#NintendontCheats

Reactions: HelpTheWretched

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...