Hacking Best FlashCart for DSi XL

sheppy1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I'm new here so go easy on me lol. Anyway, I know the DSi XL has not been released yet so you guys won't be able to give me any exact answers but I have mine on pre-order and will be collecting it next week and I was just wondering which FlashCarts are most likely going to work with it? I mean if it's going to be running firmware 1.4 then I assume all current ones that work with the DSi will work with the XL without any problems but what if it's released it has a newer, higher firmware update on it, which card is going to be the best bet then, I mean I don't want to go and purchase a card that will only work with 1.4, I need to know if there are any FlashCarts out there that will work with all updates as they are released, does such a card exist? Thanks

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2i. Use the search button next time. If you want RTS features than the Supercard DSone or M3i Zero. If you want GBA compatibility too than the Supercard DStwo(not released yet.)

sheppy1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok sorry, I will do next time. Thanks for the super fast reply though, I'll do some research on them both and see which one I prefer

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
sheppy1 said:
Ok sorry, I will do next time. Thanks for the super fast reply though, I'll do some research on them both and see which one I prefer

you can also refer to the front page news
there is a poll going on which is the best flash cart
tongue.gif

however, take note not all flash cart we discuss there is DSi compatible
and
make sure the flash cart you are about to get must be DSi FW 1.4 compatible (hopefully, we won't see any new update from nintendo until then)
otherwise, is a long long process for you

sheppy1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok cool, thanks for that, I didn't even notice that poll and yea hopefully they won't release a new firmware update when it gets released over here otherwise I will be stuffed then

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
sheppy1 said:
Ok cool, thanks for that, I didn't even notice that poll and yea hopefully they won't release a new firmware update when it gets released over here otherwise I will be stuffed then

yeah, just make sure you come back here always to check the front news
tongue.gif

enjoy and have fun

sheppy1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I will, don't worry. I've bookmarked the forum anyway and I am currently making my way though the forums, reading the threads and news etc. Just trying to catch up on what I've missed of the last year, see I had a DSL originally and used an R4 card when they were the only ones available, I sold my DS, come back a year later and everyone is saying not to buy the R4 cards and now there are about 20 other cards on the market lol, very confusing and I don't have a lot of time to read up on them all and make my decision, just glad I found this forum as it's saved me a lot of time and effort

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sheppy1 said:
Another question here guys, I tried searching but I kept receiving error message? Anyway, lets say I have my new DSi XL sat here and an Acekard 2i, would I just need to download the files from Acekards website, stick it in my DS and away I go? It's just I keep seeing people talking about needing a 2nd (older) DS for some reason?

Why don't you try reading the threads stickied at the top instead of making people repeat what has been posted thousands of times before.

It's 99% likely that they will come with 1.4FW. These DSi XL's would have left Nintendo's factories many weeks ago. They would have had to start producing XL's destined for the UK in China atleast 2-3 months ago in order to have them ready for the release date, hence why they will more than likey be 1.4FW.

D

Deleted User

Okay, just bumping this thread to double check.

Have flashcarts been confirmed to work with European DSi XLs? Jw.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
im sure they will too bad if you buy a dsi xl and an acekard and they block it, you will have to find a ds lite to upgrade the cards firmware

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes, all DSi 1.4 cards work (tested R4i-Gold, DSTTi, iEdge, EZ-Flash Vi)

Best card is the EZ-Flash Vi, all games work, also the new sonic one without any arm patches or loader tricks.

nintendough

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So which one is the best one to pick up now? There are a few options but I figured I'd get advice here since I have heard rumblings about M3's support being bad (I have a M3 DS Real for my Lite, picking up an XL soon)...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster