ROM Hack GBA Auto Trainer Maker(GBAATM)

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is because the parsing function uses the labels to know where a cheat starts and ends. Yes the enable/disable option is for turning on/off the effects of all cheats. There is one exception: If a cheat writes to an area of RAM that doesn't get updated by the game to have the normal value (like an asm hack code) then the effects won't be turned off until that part of RAM is reloaded (usually by exiting/reentering the game).

isoptera4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
Yes it is because the parsing function uses the labels to know where a cheat starts and ends. Yes the enable/disable option is for turning on/off the effects of all cheats. There is one exception: If a cheat writes to an area of RAM that doesn't get updated by the game to have the normal value (like an asm hack code) then the effects won't be turned off until that part of RAM is reloaded (usually by exiting/reentering the game).

The codes I have used were entered without labels and they all worked fine.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before you said the codes didn't seem to have effects... But anyways codes w/o conditional execution will work right but conditional codes might have problems (jumping past codes that follow them) so it's always good to label the codes.

orion001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
ok tnx alot gonna try it our tomorrow when i get home.

p.s. how did you convert the vba raw codes to cb codes?
is there a program for that? tnx alot cracker.
smile.gif
hope the problem will be fixed soon on the nexr realease.
smile.gif

orion001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
elo cracker. i did what you asked me but the codes for dragonball z leagacy of goku still didnt work. ill try another game to see if it will work. gonna try out golden sun 2 with codebreaker codes.

just tried golden sun 2 cbd codes didnt work.
frown.gif

hope the bug will be fixed in the next release.
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I saw menu based stuff earmarked for a few unreleased tools but to actually have it is nice.

Good work as usual cracker.

Back on topic, not had a chance to test this version yet but the old ones worked for some of the simple to cheat on game (no mirrored and/or obscured values).

orion001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
hi, cracker tnx for the updated version. i tried the new version. nut i still cant seem to get it to work. but the trainer menu appears when i start the gba game. i think im doing something wrong. do i need to change this two options for the cheat to work?

execute every cycle 1
ram to use

do i need to change them?
i tried buus fury us version and the gameshark codes and also the cbd codes

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew it wouldn't be long before someone found this 'prize'. Unfortunately the IRQ functions aren't detected by GBAATM because they are designed differently. Hopefully this is only one of a handful of games that is problematic. I will try to get support for these undetected IRQ functions as soon as I can.

orion001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
hi again, i tried metroid zero mission and donkey kong 1. the cheats worked. also i did try dk 2 & 3 and the cheat didnt work. ill try other games and post the results here.
smile.gif

orion001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
hello again here is the list of games that i have tried.
smile.gif
hope it helps

codebreaker
bomber man red
bomber man blue
digimon battle spirit 1 & 2
fire emblem 6
golden sun 2 - freeze on camelot screen
zelda minish cap - freeze after the game start
zelda four swords - freeze after choosingg either link to the past or four swords adventure
lunar legend
mario and luigi superstar saga
medabot -AX both versions
monster rancher advance 1 n 2
pitfall the lost expedition - white screen
phantasy star collection - reset to the trainer screen
boktai - nothing happens
dbz legacy 1&2, buus fury - nothng happens
shining force
shining soul
super robot taisen - og1&2

gameshark
shining soul 2 - white screen after trainer page
super robot taisen - og - blank screen after trainer menu

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to add support for more IRQs and also the hooking method was changed so dynamic hooking will work now where it would have caused freezing/white screens before.

I tested DKC2, DKC3, DBZ Buu's Fury and they worked fine as far as I played. Hopefully the problematic games you just list will be diminished greatly.
wacko.gif

Also what methods are you using to test the games? Using the trainer function with no menu and execution cycles set to 1 is the only 'safe' way to test because it doesn't use any RAM and so there won't be any crashing due to something vital getting overwritten or cause an appearance of a freeze if the slowmo function is used and a high value is stored in RAM by the game -- either way it would more than likely mean the RAM in that area is wanted by the game itself and it shouldn't be used. In the next update I will have a DEADBEEF function that will fill the RAM with DEADBEEF. You can then run the game in an emulator and tell what area is safe to use.

Also the codes you refer to as 'gameshark' -- are they GS v1/2 or GS v3 (GSSP)? Only GS v3 codes will work in GBAATM.

orion001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
hi, i used the trainer with menu and the execution cycle set to 1. i didnt check the slowmo and also the on and off switch. i used vba 1.8 beta to test the game then i transfer them to my ez-flash IV cart. the gameshark codes that i used was copied from gameshark.com i dont know if they are v1,v2 or 3 sorry. the codebreaker codes that i used was from cmgsccc and from gamefaqs. tnx again for the update.
smile.gif
will try to patch bus fury and also dbz legacy of goku 1n2 and see if it will work.
smile.gif

orion001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
hi again, i tried
dbz legacy of goku 1 - works now
dbz legacy of goku 2 -restarts after trunks and gohan had a talk at the beginning it reverts back to the trainer menu
buss fury - works, some of the background gets messed up
boktai with sun patch - white screen after the trainer menu

big tnx for the update. gonna test again some games later.
smile.gif

orion001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
codebreaker
breath of fire advance
shining soul 2
zoids
golden sun 2 - camelot screen hangs
riviera - white screen on start up
tactics ogre

gameshark
naruto ninja council 1&2 - nothing happens
legend of zelda minish cap - white screen

without menu trainer and enable disable cheked codebreaker codes
donkey kong country 2 & 3
naruto ninja council
legend of zelda minish cap
boktai
dbz buus fury
dbz legacy 1
dbz legacy 2
zelda a link to the past four swords - white screen after choosing a link to the past
golden sun 2 - doesnt work
river city ransom
tactics ogre

ps...
some of the codebreaker codes were converted from action replay codes using arcrypt

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
orion001 said:
codebreaker
breath of fire advance
shining soul 2
zoids
golden sun 2 - camelot screen hangs
tactics ogre

gameshark
naruto ninja council 1&2 - nothing happens
legend of zelda minish cap - white screen

without menu trainer and enable disable cheked codebreaker codes
donkey kong country 2 & 3
naruto ninja council
legend of zelda minish cap
boktai
dbz buus fury
dbz legacy 1
dbz legacy 2
zelda a link to the past four swords - white screen after choosing a link to the past
golden sun 2 - doesnt work
river city ransom
tactics ogre

ps...
some of the codebreaker codes were converted from action replay codes using arcrypt

I take it that the games that have no comment afterward worked fine?

With enable/disable did you turn it on/off at any time in the games that white screened?

RE using AR codes converted with ARcrypt: ARcrypt will just encrypt/decrypt AR codes but not convert them to CB format. For that you can use a tool I made a while back -- GBACCC. It is very possible that using the decrypted AR codes as CB codes could cause a white screen if it inadvertently overwrote a totally different area of memory.

For instance an AR code of 02201234 000003e7 will actually write to 2001234 and not 2201234 as it would seem to suggest since the AR code format shifts the first digit in the address down one spot. The code conversion function ignores anything with '0' at the front unless they are following type '4' or '5' codes so I'm wondering if you manually changed the 0s to 3s or 8s?

orion001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
yup, the games with the no comment worked just fine.

"With enable/disable did you turn it on/off at any time in the games that white screened?" - didnt use it. gonna try it out later

will try out GBACCC also. gonna give an update later. tnx alot cracker.
smile.gif

also when i use gameshark codes from their gameshark's official website i cant seem to make the codes work but when i use codebreaker codes everything works just fine.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
orion001 said:
yup, the games with the no comment worked just fine.

"With enable/disable did you turn it on/off at any time in the games that white screened?" - didnt use it. gonna try it out later

will try out GBACCC also. gonna give an update later. tnx alot cracker.
smile.gif

also when i use gameshark codes from their gameshark's official website i cant seem to make the codes work but when i use codebreaker codes everything works just fine.

What Gameshark codes didn't work? I want to make sure it isn't a problem with the code conversion.

orion001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
when i went to the gameshark website. gameshark.com i think its by madcatz... every code that i tried there didnt work. but the codebreaker codes and the ar codes that i used worked.

p.s. i tried to convert the gameshark codes by using gbaccc to codebreaker but it says invalid file in the conversion screen.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
orion001 said:
when i went to the gameshark website. gameshark.com i think its by madcatz... every code that i tried there didnt work. but the codebreaker codes and the ar codes that i used worked.

p.s. i tried to convert the gameshark codes by using gbaccc to codebreaker but it says invalid file in the conversion screen.

I updated it to add a function to fill the RAM with DEADBEEFs. Use the memory viewer in VBA to browse 0x3000000-0x3007FFF to find a good place in RAM to use.

The codes on Gameshark.com require the enable/mastercode to be used as the first code. GBAATM supports encrypted codes so there is no need to use any tool to decrypt them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway +1