Hacking How to tell which version of the 3in1 you have.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
need a mod to sticky it so new people don't keep asking the same things over and over on what version they got.
I have version 3, and I'm having this problem: I have opened my ez flash 2 times, once to check the charge of the battery, and again to check if the connections are good The battery has 3.3V charge and all connections are okay, so I don't understand why I cannot use ANY save functions at all on my ez flash. Rumble works, ROMs that don't need to be initialized at the beginning work (Sonic Advance 1, 2 and 3 work, but not Pinball Party, for example), and I only got this to be able to play Sonic Advance 3 on my DS Lite cuz I wanted to make a new game, but didn't want to delete my save file on my original Sonic Advance 3 GBA cartridge I got 8 years ago. I really, really, REALLY just want to play that ONE game, and I want it to save. Pleasying from my DSTWO starts a new game every time, and playing from my DSTTi loads up a 100% completed save file, something I haven't been able to do for the past 8 years (that last Special Stage is hard..) so I don't know why one gives me no save while the other gives me a 100% completed save. Please, I really need help with this... Any help at all would be VERY appreciated.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can try SRAM-IT 2.0, it should works on Flash 512 save types. You can download it here: click here

If it doesn't work for you, you might have a dirty rom, pre-patched for something else.
Thanks for this patcher. I have SRAM patched my Sonic Advance 3 ROM (all my ROMs are clean) and chose "EZ" under the SRAM Config menu. Still no luck. GBA EXPloader keeps asking if I want to set it with the ez flash whenever I start it up, but my battery is full (recorded 3.3V both times I checked), and I checked all connections, and they were all good. Is there anything I can do? The previous owner of this ez flash said it did in fact save, as he had completed Mother 3 on it in several playthroughs.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for this patcher. I have SRAM patched my Sonic Advance 3 ROM (all my ROMs are clean) and chose "EZ" under the SRAM Config menu. Still no luck. GBA EXPloader keeps asking if I want to set it with the ez flash whenever I start it up, but my battery is full (recorded 3.3V both times I checked), and I checked all connections, and they were all good. Is there anything I can do? The previous owner of this ez flash said it did in fact save, as he had completed Mother 3 on it in several playthroughs.
Still need help...

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
OP
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Still need help...

You still probably making the same mistakes as before, your just patching everything that isn't SRAM, 0.58b can already handle most games that support flash 512 (It can run the pokemon games that use flash 512 without issue, it just can't do anything about the RTC).

You need to delete those saves on the microSD and erase the copy of the game you got on the 3in1 and erase the save on there by writing a game that works. Use and run a clean rom, don't even bother to patch it, ExpLoader should automatically patch it for you.

The other possibility is that your using a hacked rom of the game that has the same CRC info or hash check. In this case you will have to dump your own copy of the game for this.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You still probably making the same mistakes as before, your just patching everything that isn't SRAM, 0.58b can already handle most games that support flash 512 (It can run the pokemon games that use flash 512 without issue, it just can't do anything about the RTC).

You need to delete those saves on the microSD and erase the copy of the game you got on the 3in1 and erase the save on there by writing a game that works. Use and run a clean rom, don't even bother to patch it, ExpLoader should automatically patch it for you.

The other possibility is that your using a hacked rom of the game that has the same CRC info or hash check. In this case you will have to dump your own copy of the game for this.
I tried the SRAM test and I failed, but this was all so long ago. I changed the battery and games still wouldn't save: even upon a GBA soft-reset, which is A+B+Start+Select, my entire progress in any game, including Sonic Advance 3, gets wiped.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
this is a great necro bump but i rather use this thread instead of a new one, because my questions are kinda just trivial and relevant here

With that in mind, you can use any slot1 except M3 with GBA exploader. More recently some M3 user made a patch removing the blacklist in exploader. In doing so and the Majicon crackdown in Japan, GBA exploader development is stopped at 0.58b.

can you tell us what happened to development to stop? what is majicon crackdown?

The only issue with using GBA exploader is that Roudolph blacklisted the M3 slot1 flashcarts from using the exploader and backuptools homebrew after the M3 team sent Roudolph a C&D

what happened to rudolph? i seen his tools and i use them a lot however i don't know anything about him, for example where he originally released his tools, did he used to hang here?

M3 GEP (all version: non RTC and RTC)
M3 Perfect lite (not a GEP, but acts like one with exploader)
i am expecting a m3 perfect lite (that one with both gba and ds lite shells)
how is not a GEP? from what i know its the same as the old ones? i have the full sd one. I think released just after the compact flash one, it's almost as the size of a GBC card
is there differences except for the size and components? i thought they both had the same functions (and use the same firmware)

PS: @how_do_i_do_that as you told in the other thread that you can't figure out the new portal thing to enable PM (or allow people to see youir profile) you can do that here: https://gbatemp.net/account/privacy
it's the direct link for the gbatemp settings

Last edited by migles,

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
OP
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
can you tell us what happened to development to stop? what is majicon crackdown?
Majicon was the name for flashcarts in Japan. Development stoped shortly after M3 Group sent Rudolph a Cease and Desist (Lawyer paperwork to tell someone for stop doing something) and the crackdown happened. The crackdown was the government visiting flashcart vendors and seizing a vendors stock of flashcarts, namely the R4 (not the clone).

what happened to rudolph? i seen his tools and i use them a lot however i don't know anything about him, for example where he originally released his tools, did he used to hang here?
Rudolph moved onto other stuff like the PS3 tools. He mostly posted his tools on his blog and people that could read japanese, reposted his stuff on sites related to his content.
You can find his stuff on his blog: http://kotei.blog.so-net.ne.jp/
Though his last post was in 2014. He did delete links and files to his DS/GBA stuff.

Did he hang out on gbatemp? I don't believe he did.

i am expecting a m3 perfect lite (that one with both gba and ds lite shells)
how is not a GEP? from what i know its the same as the old ones? i have the full sd one. I think released just after the compact flash one, it's almost as the size of a GBC card
is there differences except for the size and components? i thought they both had the same functions (and use the same firmware)
GEPs are slot1 dependent flashcarts, means the require a DS/L to function to a degree; like loading a ROM to NOR. A M3 perfect has it's own system menu like the EZ-IV does, allowing it to function alone. A M3 perfect can work in GBA/SP/micro just fine if you have to GBA shell housing it.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
GEPs are slot1 dependent flashcarts, means the require a DS/L to function to a degree; like loading a ROM to NOR. A M3 perfect has it's own system menu like the EZ-IV does, allowing it to function alone. A M3 perfect can work in GBA/SP/micro just fine if you have to GBA shell housing it.
i got confused because you told
M3 GEP (all version: non RTC and RTC)
i guess you were refering to the gba carts in the m3 ds real bundle?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1