Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
taiguy said:
Tried getting this to work on a 3.3U NTSC Wii with a Wiikey chip 1.9s

I used Trucha signer on Madden 09 and opened up the 2nd partition of the ISO. However, the only "main.dol" file is in the SYSTEM directory. After replacing, signing, and burning the ISO the Wii tells me there's an error. Any ideas? Oh and I'm trying to do this with WAD Installer v2.1

wii_error.jpg

taiguy, are you trying to boot the disc through the Disc Channel? If so, the game uses the signing bug, and will not boot on the 3.3 firmware. You will need to use GeckoOS, or even Ocarina, to boot the disc on the 3.3 firmware.

Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean, but the WAD Installer is only for installing WADs onto your Wii. It would have nothing to do with Madden 2009.

taiguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahhh... it's not supposed to boot on the new firmware. Gotcha.

I was using the Madden 09 disc image as my container for the WAD Installer

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
taiguy said:
Can I install GeckOS without using the twilight princess hack?

No, not with the 3.3 firmware.

EDIT: Also, the version that I linked to will not install onto your Wii console. I believe that there is a WAD version available, but I don't have the link to it.

taiguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh man. what a pain.

so what are my options then? I actually do have twilight princess (somewhere...)

the end goal is to be able to install the Smash 64 .wad

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With the 3.3 firmware, your only option is the Twilight Hack, unless you have the Homebrew Channel installed. There is a downgrader available, but again, it would first require the Twilight Hack or Homebrew Channel.

EDIT: Also, if you don't already have one, and don't have the Homebrew Channel, you would need an SD card.

EDIT 2: Actually, the WAD Manager would probably require an SD card anyway.

annawii18

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all

My wad channel is 1.3 and I don't know how to put game in this channel. Could any one help me how to put these files in? in SD card or in app--> sub folder Wad? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol