Microsoft plans to add Activision games to Game Pass, reiterates decision to not make those franchises Xbox exclusives

cxklsmclzmclds.png

Back at the beginning of the year, Microsoft shocked many with its $70 billion buyout of Activision Blizzard. The deal still hasn't been finalized, and likely won't until June 2023--the end of their fiscal year--but the Xbox brand still continues to excitedly hype up the acquisition. CEO Phil Spencer wrote an open letter today, discussing how Microsoft plans to treat the brand, once the deal is completed. As stated in the past, and reiterated once more, Activision Blizzard games that were always multiplatform, such as Call of Duty, will remain on PlayStation, and platforms that compete with Xbox, in order to extend the reach of their acquired franchises.

Phil Spencer also mentioned that once Activision Blizzard is Xbox's, gamers can expect to see titles like Overwatch, Diablo, and even Call of Duty, available on Game Pass, bolstering the staggering lineup that the service already offers. Mobile gaming will additionally be a focus of the company, as they see it, combined with their cloud technology, as a major source of new customers.

We intend to make Activision Blizzard’s much-loved library of games – including Overwatch, Diablo and Call of Duty – available in Game Pass and to grow those gaming communities. By delivering even more value to players, we hope to continue growing Game Pass, extending its appeal to mobile phones and any connected device.

:arrow: Source

lordofcombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Funny is that some of you believe this,it might be true until 2024 but after that no more games,nothing forces them to do so.Mark my words...

Reactions: tpax

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still got another year before the deal gets finalized. Should it go through, I only hope that MS purges upper management and gives the devs more creative freedom and the time to do what they need to do in order to make their products good again. Hopefully Warcraft 3 can one day be the remake it should have been under MS, given they can apply some of the same lessons learned from AOE2: DE.

Reactions: nxwing

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frankly the most important part isn't what console the games will be on, it's that Microsoft kicks Kotick out and takes action on the absolutely awful workplace culture they've got there

Reactions: HellGhast

kcajjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Back at the beginning of the year, Microsoft shocked many with its $70 million buyout of Activision Blizzard. The deal still hasn't been finalized, and likely won't until June 2023--the end of their fiscal year--but the Xbox brand still continues to excitedly hype up the acquisition. CEO Phil Spencer wrote an open letter today, discussing how Microsoft plans to treat the brand, once the deal is completed. As stated in the past, and reiterated once more, Activision Blizzard games that were always multiplatform, such as Call of Duty, will remain on PlayStation, and platforms that compete with Xbox, in order to extend the reach of their acquired franchises.

Phil Spencer also mentioned that once Activision Blizzard is Xbox's, gamers can expect to see titles like Overwatch, Diablo, and even Call of Duty, available on Game Pass, bolstering the staggering lineup that the service already offers. Mobile gaming will additionally be a focus of the company, as they see it, combined with their cloud technology, as a major source of new customers.

:arrow: Source
70 million? You mean 70 billion right?!

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe at the beginning, they surely won't say that the games are becoming exclusives because it will make people even more worried than they are right now (even tho it's not really such a big deal), they will just have to calculate if it's worth loosing playstation sales if it brings new xbox and gamepass players.

But WoW on Gamepass ?? I really don't know if they will do that ... My guess is that we will still have to buy expansions just like we still have to buy DLCs for gamepass games, probably ? But that would still be pretty great. That's why I can't get into FF XIV, I would love to play it but I just won't pay 12€ a month for a single game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!