Hacking MiiWii

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The PAL-Version runs really fine. No bugs as I can see.
Tested by several users (beginners and pros).

The tutorial is still localized to German.
I will translate it today or tomorrow.

When the uninstaller works, the PAL package will be released.

At the same time I'm working for NTSC.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
props D-Jay on creating a noob friendly guide for cioscorp and preloader.....w/ uninstall is very nice to.

however i just hope this doesnt start a fad of peeps creating there own software packs (just like when everyone and there dog created "gamma tutorials" etc etc)....

....who knows.. mabey next we'll have FriiWii, UberWii, AwsomeWii, InsaneRegionFreeBackupLoadingAwsomenessWii.....and the ultimate.... ValgreenWii (my favorite)

ah fuck.. really though who cares... whats with all this bitching and moaning over stupid things such as a title or name....

cant people just chill out?? is there really a need to flex your e-muscles??

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don Killah said:
D-Jay said:
When the uninstaller works, the PAL package will be released.
Oh, i see.
So still trying to fix the devkit lib bugs or did you manage to solve it out by using an older lib?

I created a new installer and it's working.
I use this installer to install the IOS patches and for now the original IOS to uninstall the patches.
But I want to modify the cIOS Downgrader and remove some not needed entries. But the source / file-package from Waninkoko seems to be incomplete.
So that's the last point to finish. After that, MiiWii will be released.

QUOTE(Valgreen @ Feb 27 2009, 12:51 AM)
props D-Jay on creating a noob friendly guide for cioscorp and preloader.....w/ uninstall is very nice to.

however i just hope this doesnt start a fad of peeps creating there own software packs (just like when everyone and there dog created "gamma tutorials" etc etc)....
You can call "MiiWii" as you want
wink2.gif

It's just a complete package with a comprehensive beginner-friendly step-by-step manual.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
D-Jay said:
You can call "MiiWii" as you want
wink2.gif

It's just a complete package with a comprehensive beginner-friendly step-by-step manual.

QUOTEah fuck.. really though who cares... whats with all this bitching and moaning over stupid things such as a title or name....

im agreeing with you dude... who cares what the name is....and i also gave you props
smile.gif

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay.
I just want to amend again... 90% credits go to hard working people making this and other SoftMods possible!

For all those, who want to take a look at the NOT FINAL(!!!) and still German tutorial:

http://filestore.to/?d=0AD131883
(PN for Pass, please)

It may conciliates a first impression.
It's not finally released, so don't worry about the missing uninstaller section and credits.

But you can take a look for the way I want to go.

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey D-Jay

I have a question to you (I don't know if it has already been asked, but I'll ask anyways).
I've seen in some of your videos, that MiiWii replaces the safety screen that shows up on Wii startup. Is this optional or do you have to install it? I'd really like to install MiiWii, but I don't want to lose my safety screen. This might sound really stupid, but the reason for that is pretty simple: I just want to keep my Wii as close to an original Wii as possible. So I really don't want to change the safety screen. So I wonder if the new logo is optional or not. I sure would love that.

Oh yeah, if you still need some testers, I'd be happy to help. Also why did you put a password on the tutorial
tongue.gif
? Oh well, if you read this, could you plese PN me the password? Then I'll take a look into it.

Good luck
wink.gif

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You don't have to use the bootscreen.
You can leave your Wii looking in the same way as before.

I put a pass on the manual cause it's not finished yet.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks D-JAy. I'm looking forward for a final release...I think you had a great idea with MiiWii: if I undersood correctly it will make things a lot easier, and an uninstaller is more than wellcome
smile.gif
I never really cared about customizing Menu/health screen, and that's the reason I never cared about Softmii: too much unneeded stuff for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It will be fine