Hacking MiiWii

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why do people care about a name? It doesn't have to be original, it only has to fit to the product. MiiWii works, since it is MY Wii. I can do whatever I want with it.

D-Jay, I would use it when it comes out but I like where SoftMii is supposedly going for 1.0 Maybe after I get bored of all the fancy shiny new systemmenu stuff and realize its a waste, I'd use MiiWii.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
OSW said:
[Better not take this to far off topic fellas. It's a worthwhile and interesting discussion, but i think it's better to make a seperate topic or a blog post about it
smile.gif
Thanks.

With this topic, what's done is done.

It's not much point campaigning to change the names of existing projects/discussions like this, cioscorp softmii etc.

If it irks you alot then you'd do better to make a topic or blog about it and hope that people take notice for future topics.

Thanks fellas.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
D-Jay said:
WiiCrazy said:
So be humble in your creations and let other people call it with big names... if they are big after all...

I AM! You don't really understand what I wrote. Or I just wrote it ambiguous. Don't know.

Whatever. Close this thread, I will take it for my own. I did NOT want to annoy somebody, I NEVER took credits from anybody's work and will never do so.
And I'm wondering why poeple can write an opinion about stuff that was never presented.

MiiWii is JUST a fu**ing name for a collection of hacks that I use to realize things I want to do with my Wii. Cool down, I'm not a bad guy.
Why do you all think, I wrote, that I am NOT a developer, just a normal Wii-User?

Sorry...

Dude, don't take it just personal... my remarks was general actually...

I explained why I got pissed off... My remarks may seem harsh since I expected you will not be doing such a thing... naming a bundle with ...mii or whatever... name it D-jay's something or similar then I wouldn't have minded if you used my app or whatever app for your pack or something...

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what the fuck people!!!! all of you must be bored. filling sorry for d-jay just because he wanted to just group the programs that are the must useful for he and he gets flamed. i guess he should of named it, Backup Discs in Disc Channel, Region Free (but just at lower priority), Brick-Protection w/o Mod-Chip, REALLY easy installing (with the lowest risk as possible), Some other things (like uninstall). i like the name small and simple.

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
jinxvorheeze said:
I'm not trying to make you into a bad guy, I was simply saying the developers of those hacks will be upset if you don't add credits (like you said you weren't going to do) even if you don't take credit yourself, it will look like you are trying to.

NO NO!!! You completely misunderstood! No credits for ME. Just for ME(!) 'cause as I wrote, I am NOT a developer. I took hacks together in a package that I'm using to make my Wii into my personally Wii --> MyWii --> MiiWii (therefore the name). Nothing else.

I'm going to write a tut for that and OF COURSE all credits for the used hacks will be in there! Full transparency as I wrote.

This package represents OTHER guys work. All that I just did... was to put it together for MY personal best work of Wii. Nothing else.

I don't use SoftM**, R**ski, or something like that, BECAUSE I think, it goes the wrong way. And I don't want to.
I respect other people work. I am working as a photographer and I own my copyrights for my work and I don't want to see it somewhere as somebody's work. Sorry... I believe, this topic was completely misunderstood. Really!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone relax.

I think this has been resolved for now, it went way off topic and i'm cleaning up now.

Any more off topic posts will be removed so please put them in another thread if you so strongly desire.

Can people please heed my warnings.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good clarification. You can understand the misunderstanding. Sorry about the confusion, and I hope the project goes well for you. Like I said, post a video when your done so we can see the package running. Interested in seeing how your loading menu works, as that will be extremely nice to have the choice of homebrew or system.

LOL @ OSW ~ "This post has been removed by a moderator.
Reason: cleaning topic"

Sorry to turn you into the housekeeper so early in the morning
grog.gif
cheers

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OSW said:
Everyone relax.

I think this has been resolved for now, it went way off topic and i'm cleaning up now.

Any more off topic posts will be removed so please put them in another thread if you so strongly desire.

Can people please heed my warnings.

No, it's ok. Maybe I wrote something in the wrong way, cause my English is not as well as it should be..

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What he is doing is making Softmii, but more noob friendly and straight to the point.

Also Wiicrazy, softmii is a cSM, it changes the graphics, health screen, and gives all those apps. They did it first, so it does deserve the big name project title.

Lastly, I wish I just got this before softmii, but my Wii is set for now. Great idea though.

Could you please PM me a .app/health of your health screen though? Its fucking pwnsome.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DonDenito said:
nIxx said:
It seems since a few days that everybody programming the same (dangerous stuff)
wink.gif

And in my opinion there is no need for another one.
disagree!

QUOTE(oli123 @ Jan 31 2009, 02:08 PM) hey thanks man, exactly what i need, i don't need all that fancy stuff that comes with softmii, i just want all the basic wii hacking stuff
really looking forward to the release!
smile.gif
agree!

Lol you know that this was MY opinion. I don´t said the he can not do it i don´t use these hacks anyway
wink.gif
(i don´t need them).
The thing is if you look around there are really many of these "hacks" since this month (Healthii, CIOSCORP or whatever).

Anyway i wish you guys good luck with your pack
biggrin.gif

ByronFortescue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sounds like an interesting project, I'm all for newbie friendly and intuitive software, that's what a developer ultimately has to do if he wants his hacks out in the open and brought to a bigger public in the end..
If a hacker doesn't want to do that and let someone else figure that out, fine too.. It should be a goal to open up the Wii to anyone who thinks they own what they buy..

I also think every hack-pack out there today can live peacefully next to each other.. Some ideas will work, some won't.. If MiiWii won't work, too bad, there are other packages out there, if Softmii or Riiskimod (using it right now) doesn't work in the future for a lot of people, then it will fade away.. There will always be another pack to get..
However, if you give credits to all the hackers who made the underlying ideas possible, they will be happy I think to see such a broad audience working with their code..

So, looking forward to the release of this pack (and then I have to figure out if I want it and how the hell I will uninstall the riskii/softmii-mods..)
wink.gif

kallstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well its still slightly unclear exactly what this MiiWii project will be... but nevertheless I look forward to anything new. I'm not quite sure what exactly it is you feel is so DANGEROUS!!!
ohmy.gif
about cioscorp or softmii, or why its important to you that things get even simpler. BUT I will wait to see what this is about. The health screen boot selection does sounds like a nice feature!
PS
Kinda wish you would have called it MiniMii.
laugh.gif

Cyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, D-Jay, I totally look forward to it, I totally agree with you, things are getting more and more confusing every day.
I am glad that until now I didn't install any of these new Custom System Menu packages and I don't see the use of Custom Health Screens or even playing backups from the Disc Channel while I have the Backup Launcher Gamma and SoftChip installed on my Wii/HBC.
If someone creates a "basic" package like you, then I will probably go for it. The list of goals you provided is really what is needed and so I hope it is working as you want and wish you good luck with the work!

calisto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great, D-Jay, I look forward to this program, I agree with you, things are getting more and more confusing every day.

If you can make it simpler the better, look forward to checking this out.

Thanks

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for your comments.

I want to repeat / explain: This is not a (NEW) program, hack or something like this.
It is a mod-package that includes hacks / mods (and no unneeded stuff!) what are needed to do what is in the feature-list.

More in the next days after testing all.

getrehl

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
D-Jay, I agree. Simple and to the point. An added uninstaller would be a nice feature if there are any conflicts in the future. To be correct a way to re-write the cSM to an unmodified state. I have not heard of this possible issue being addressed in the other cMS versions.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Don't let you get down from all the haters, D-Jay, this is exactly what some people were waiting for, especially the Uninstaller
smile.gif
. But a question: Will this still be based on Preloader? I think so, but I HATE Preloader...everytime you want to go back to the menu, it starts from the Healthscreen...annoying...I deleted it immediately..

Keep it going, you're on the right way
smile.gif
!

~Blue-K

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Don't let you get down from all the haters, D-Jay, this is exactly what some people were waiting for, especially the Uninstaller
smile.gif
. But a question: Will this still be based on Preloader? I think so, but I HATE Preloader...everytime you want to go back to the menu, it starts from the Healthscreen...annoying...I deleted it immediately..

Keep it going, you're on the right way
smile.gif
!

~Blue-K

preloader is great. i think you are using it wrong. you have to enable the "disable health screen" from the systemmenuhacks to not have that screen show up. also this "mod-pack" sounds alot like softmii. i dont quite understand it, but im sure someone will use it. good luck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    How are you doing today K3Nv2?
    You did? By whom?
    Ohh, Don't tell me lEOTck did it to you? :O:sad:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah we all know luke is who leo's smashing
    +1
    Oh :shit:! And I didn't get to 📽️ it! :angry::sad::cry: :hateit:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST FOUND OUT THAT ULTERIOR MOTIVES WAS FOUND YESTERDAY, AND IT WAS FROM P O R N 💀😭
    +1
    😱 .............................. :evil::tpi::evil:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, what's ulterior motives?
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    it was a lostwave song
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @zeith_7, 1) what's lostwave? 2) give context
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    lostwaves are like songs that became lost
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    they are partially or never found
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    ulterior motives is one of the internets lostwaves
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok read the Wikipedia article
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    and basically people were trying to find it for a while after a post with the lost songs only snippet
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @zeith_7, and an obscure norp film had the song
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    correct
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    the orginal snippet was from a pirated verison of the film basically
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    or so i think
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    i never expected it to get discovered this year/month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol this neighbor "I'm always hearing him shit" I'm sorry would you like my shits to be more settle
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol this neighbor "I'm always hearing him shit" I'm sorry would you like my shits to be more settle +1