Hacking MiiWii

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So this is just a pack that contains Preloader,POC, cIOSCORP some edited tpls in app maybe and whatever else you can get your hands on and nothing new right?.

pretty much a re-branded softmii pack give or take a file, or do you have something new up your sleeve?

spawn844

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i find it fishy that there where 3 people to 4 i think that has 0 posts just to post in this one? harty har har

Anyways back to topic hope all goes well, the more the better

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
thanks... you're just right, a pack without fancy stuff and just what's needed... i'll be looking forward to this... but well... softmii started being riskii and riskii started being as simple as this so... hope it stays this way with this one...

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob friendly on stuff like this is just a misstated fact. Any time you alter your Wii you can F**k it up and that's not FRIENDLY. If you are not able to at least read and comprehend what you are doing don't do it. It doesn't matter how friendly the Guide says it is. I started with EOC tut in Dec 08 and stayed with that until Riiski v1.0 came out then v2 and now SoftMii 0.9.5. No former knowledge before that about the Wii. But I read and read and partake in informative discussion. The mind has to be as soft dirt for any seed can be planted.
He said it's called MiiWii what more will it be able to do that I can't already do. SoftMii is MiiWii to me, everything is already out there you just have to stop waiting for someone else to do it for you. Serve it to you on a platter. Then write treads like "My Wii Health screen want show".

DonDenito

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Any news/updates?
smile.gif

*edit*
unsure.gif

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"MiiWii" Package ist going to release this week for PAL (cause there are still some issues with NTSC).

I remind: MiiWii is just a package, based on available hacks and mods.
It is optimized for beginners and comes with the minimal stuff that's needed to have the features in the first post.

Send me a PN for project infos and videos.

I'm going to release it later for this community, cause most people here are running NTSC.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
I suppose what you are thinking of is something like:
  • Install HBC with TH
  • Install cIOS249 (I use Waninkoko's)
  • IOS downgrade if needed
  • Downgrade to 3.2E
  • Install Starfall with all hacks
  • Install the DIP:ed IOS:es (what's refered to as cIOSCORP---what a fucked up name)
  • Install cMIOS (I use Waninkoko's)
This way, you have:
  • Boot Wii backups from disc channel (Mine is region free, but it might be that I've patched my discs; don't remember.)
  • Boot GC backups, region free, from disc channel
  • Region free channels
  • Autoboot homebrew discs, backups, and regular Wii games from rescue menu for recovery
  • All of the other Starfall w00t-ness
My Wii is set up this way, and it works like a charm. No need to use preloader, cause you can recover with a wad manager/any title deleter autoboot disc.

Totally transparent, no fluff, and works flawlessly.

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
joda said:
  • Install HBC with TH
  • Downgrade to 3.2E
  • Install the DIP:ed IOS:es (what's refered to as cIOSCORP---what a fucked up name)
This way, you have:
  • Boot Wii backups from disc channel (Mine is region free, but it might be that I've patched my discs; don't remember.)
  • Region free channels
  • Autoboot homebrew discs, backups, and regular Wii games from rescue menu for recovery
My Wii is set up this way, and it works like a charm. No need to use preloader, cause you can recover with a wad manager/any title deleter autoboot disc.

I think, you're going the right way! Seems you're understanding what I want to do with MiiWii for beginners.
"MiiWii" is similar, but with a few differences.

QUOTE(bebs @ Feb 10 2009, 04:08 PM) yeah, he said that would be something that already exist. but i like what he s doing
Thanks. Hope, I can release it as soon as possible for NTSC, too.

-btw- MiiWii comes with a Video-Tutorial

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
joda said:
  • Install HBC with TH
  • Downgrade to 3.2E
This way, you have:
  • Region free channels

i have it that way
tongue.gif
but instead of starfall i have preloader and i don't have cMIOS... it's better for me because i don't have any GC controllers...

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wow everyone here is complaining about the name of CIOScorp but no one really knows how that name born, we (all the involved) were trying to come up with a name, but then the creator of the package (we all know who he is) just put it in a .rar with that name and nobody care enought to change the name again and then everybody just started calling it like that, just letting you all to know that, SoftMii it is a guide with a name, and this will be too, but at least when a problem with a newbie come we will know where he is standing from, not like

QUOTE said:
".......well I did XXXXX's complete guide for ultra dumb noobs, and in step 8.8.a I can get the app to run I just get a black screen, why I am doing wrong...??? "

if you know what I mean about 1000000000 thread started like this....!!!
wink.gif

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Don't let you get down from all the haters, D-Jay, this is exactly what some people were waiting for, especially the Uninstaller
smile.gif
. But a question: Will this still be based on Preloader? I think so, but I HATE Preloader...everytime you want to go back to the menu, it starts from the Healthscreen...annoying...I deleted it immediately..

Keep it going, you're on the right way
smile.gif
!

~Blue-K

Maybe you should try playing with the settings a little. Set both Autoboot: and Return To: settings to systemmenu. That return to setting has been present and working from the beginning.

Cyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@D-Jay:
So what is with MiiWii? Is it still in development or did you cancel the project? (I've been away for two weeks and nothing happened in between).

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
MiiWii is finished and tested while we're writing.
PAL version works as I want. Just need some more NTSC-testers.

German tutorial works nearly perfect.

Interested people write me a PN, please (PAL).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: [burps]