Hacking [MMM] Multi-Mod Manager (a collection of tools)

Wiiwu

OP
Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
TeenTin said:
I know the 1-click modding may be dangerous to noobs. However, I still want to suggest making it a "three phases" process, with appropriate warnings :

TBR (phase 1) --> Remove stubbed IOSs (phase 2) --> Batch wads installation (phase 3)

The first two phases should be safe enough. When proceeding to phase 3, may add warning : "Installing unsuitable wads can brick your wii, are you sure to continue ?".

So, if you can "chain" the there phases together, a few pressing of button "A" can get the job (modding) done.

Hope you can consider my suggestion.

Thank you very much indeed !
You are right TBR+RemoveStub is safe, but auto-wad is still not. Anyhow you now have the other 1 click tool to play with so let them take on the heavy responsibility of preventing user bricking their wii should something go wrong.

Wiiwu

OP
Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
HiBit said:
It would be nice if the path for IOS loading can be set also automatically to search the was in sd:\\wad and not only in sd:\\ and sd:\\wads.

The most application use the wad folder and the root, but now wads!?

Btw, thanks for this tool, i like it like my swiss knife.
wink.gif
Thanks, its my swiss knife too! Fyi, the sd:\wads is not new, its all along in wad manager. Maybe next ver I'll add more path to search.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great progress Wiiwu, app is looking preeetty stable.

These updates are heaven sent!!

Have you checked out the WAD manager MOD by cwstjdenobs?
located here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=210290

I find these 2 features particularly worth looking into;
Will not uninstall The System Menu, EULA, rgsel, or their IOSs.
Gives a warning when uninstalling the HBCs IOS.

would be great if it was integrated into MMM.

Wiiwu

OP
Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I have released v12.8, please test and feedback, thanks!

Download v12.8 at: http://www.4shared.com/file/235955829/bb6c...nager_v128.html

Updates:

v12.8
  • added Wii System Information for a quick check on a Wii's essential settings
  • added to WAD Manager a option to abort batch operations with B button; useful for avoiding user accidents
  • WAD batch operation now display clearer view of current wad status and a final status report so errors will not be missed
  • changed install/tbr patch of ios36 to look for backup folder from \wad instead of \wads
  • speedup App launcher to near instant launching of homebrew apps; speed is now limited only by SD card
  • added to IOS Manager a option to reload another IOS with Home button
  • IOS Manager will avoid deletion of System Menu's IOS
  • Updated IOS description database
  • Restore use of classic and gamecube controllers
  • Fizzy screensaver to save plasma screens
  • Reorganised menu, prompts and bugfixes

Wiiwu

OP
Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
So far so good
rolleyes.gif

Ok I recall a user (peng?) was asking about gamecube controllers support so I'd like to know if 12.8 is now working with these controllers which I don't have to test.

But I have tested the recent cIOS v5 from hermes and cIOS v18/19 and they are working fine. The only thing to note is to use IOS38 as a base when installing these cIOS otherwise installing channel wads will hit a error. IOS wad install/uninstall has no issues.

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Short Reply:
This fails on so many levels.

Seriously people: http://code.google.com/p/dop-mii

Stop glorifying these disgusting modifications of our work.

Long reply:
Im going to make this in points because I really don't feel like essay writing atm. I've already done that enough today.

1) jskyboos last mod of our work was based on v8 of Dop-IOS MOD (now called Dop-Mii). Look at all the things we have that you don't: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/DOP-Mii#Changelog

2)Downgrading the system menu will brick newer wiis with your program. DOP-Mii uses a bug on the Wii that Lunatik discovered so we do not harm newer wiis with downgrading. We can downgrade people all the way down to 2.0 and then upgrade back up to 4.2 without hiccup.

3)We have working gamecube and classic controller support throughout the app

4)We have MIOS and BC stuff

5)We have boot2 stuff

6)Our IOS stuff can install IOSs into any slot and can downgrade IOSs using Lunatik's bug

7)We have proper priiloader support. This means that when installing a system menu we can install priiloader into the system menu. This works on every system menu unlike the sad functionality in your app. We worked closely with Daco to fix things in Priiloader to make this possible.

8)We got rid of signcheck and made our own thing. We call it syscheck.

9)We support installation of any system file in a wide variety of formats including bin and WAD.

10)When you download shit you download from a private repository hosted by Lunatik, not NUS. This way Nintendo will never screw with you by modifying NUS. If you want to though, you can download from NUS.

11)We have full USB support throughout the app. You only have partial support for it.

12)Side note really: Dop-IOS MOD was licensed under the GPLv3 and you're not giving myself, Lunatik, giantpune, SifJar, and PhoenixTank the credit we're legally entitled to. In other words: Distributing your program is illegal. This is the least of my problems though.

In short, the only thing you have over us is WAD Manager implementation. The stuff we have over you is infinitely greater than that. I've only listed a small amount of it. And we've got tons of cool features including savegame support on the way for our next release. People: Stick with the real devs. Do not use this shady, uninspired, and overall disgusting software.

Please do yourself a favor and quit; You're just genuinely pissing me off by adding a WAD installer to vastly (and buggy) outdated versions of our software. You're also misleading the public.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why do you call it your software if its made by a team of people?
please dont claim a project "yours".

in what ways is the WAD manager "buggy"?
ive used it in many ways and it has never ever failed or crashed in any way.

You should give Wiiwu props for the works he has done, even if it is all unofficial.

I bet he would be a great addition to the Dop-Mii team, but your too busy putting him down talking all this nonsense.

Bottom line, great job Wiiwu and and Dop-Mii team, the applications created are a huge hand to the community.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil: