Hacking [MMM] Multi-Mod Manager (a collection of tools)

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
why do you call it your software if its made by a team of people?
please dont claim a project "yours".
I apologize for any misleading statements. Today is not my best day. Yes, the software was developed by a team of people. You are correct sir.

xzxero said:
in what ways is the WAD manager "buggy"?
ive used it in many ways and it has never ever failed or crashed in any way.
I was referring to our deprecated version of DOP-Mii (aka Dop-IOS MOD) as being buggy, not WAD Manager.

xzxero said:
You should give Wiiwu props for the works he has done, even if it is all unofficial.
All he did was give you another program you could use to pirate shit. Explain to me what benefits beyond the inclusion of WAD Manager (which will never be added into DOP-Mii) there are over DOP-Mii. Using WAD Manager and DOP-Mii separately is far more advantages as I've proven with my points in my previous post.

QUOTE(xzxero @ Mar 7 2010, 07:01 PM) I bet he would be a great addition to the Dop-Mii team, but your too busy putting him down talking all this nonsense.
I think not. See the passage I wrote directly above this.

QUOTE(xzxero @ Mar 7 2010, 07:01 PM)
Bottom line, great job Wiiwu and and Dop-Mii team, the applications created are a huge hand to the community.
Thank you. However, I still fail to see his app as being 'great' work as what he's done could easily be accomplished by any programmer worth his salt.

*snip*

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OArikadoO said:
xzxero said:
in what ways is the WAD manager "buggy"?
ive used it in many ways and it has never ever failed or crashed in any way.
I was referring to our deprecated version of DOP-Mii (aka Dop-IOS MOD) as being buggy, not WAD Manager.

xzxero said:
You should give Wiiwu props for the works he has done, even if it is all unofficial.
All he did was give you another program you could use to pirate shit. Explain to me what benefits beyond the inclusion of WAD Manager (which will never be added into DOP-Mii) there are over DOP-Mii. Using WAD Manager and DOP-Mii separately is far more advantages as I've proven with my points in my previous post.

xzxero said:
I bet he would be a great addition to the Dop-Mii team, but your too busy putting him down talking all this nonsense.
I think not. See the passage I wrote directly above this.

QUOTE(xzxero @ Mar 7 2010, 07:01 PM)
Bottom line, great job Wiiwu and and Dop-Mii team, the applications created are a huge hand to the community.
Thank you. I still fail to see his app as being 'great work' as what he's done could easily be accomplished by any programmer worth his salt.

@teentin
Stop making uninspired comments and shut the f*ck up. Go brick your Wii.

hahaha...i laughed a lot.....youre like a HUGE loser asshole...its funny....go die....that'd also be funny.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I love this MMM so much !

I am willing to try the Dop-Mii. But I can't help loving MMM much much more.

P.S. I will try to love Dop-Mii, but can promise nothing.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're right, the only reason WAD manager was integrated was to remove the process of running the cIOS installers and instead install the cIOS WADs instead.

Well at least that's what it meant to me

Others might use it to simply install trucha on IOS36 and then install a MplayerCE Forwarder channel.

The point is it was a good idea in the end.

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
@ arikado

dop-ios is open sourced by marc

so don't spit shit here.

OArikadoO said:
Short Reply:
This fails on so many levels.

Seriously people: http://code.google.com/p/dop-mii

Stop glorifying these disgusting modifications of our work.

Long reply:

2)Downgrading the system menu will brick newer wiis with your program. DOP-Mii uses a bug on the Wii that Lunatik discovered so we do not harm newer wiis with downgrading. We can downgrade people all the way down to 2.0 and then upgrade back up to 4.2 without hiccup.

Downgrading the system menu will brick newer wiis

well make a proof...

i successfully downgraded several wiis with boot2v4 to 3.2U.
(don't do this unless you know what's your doing)

hunterm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.hunterm.tk
XP
Country
United States
I see how this could be useful to use if you need to bannerbomb an app, and didn't want to go through the trouble of having to replace the boot.dol everytime.
smile.gif

Arikado- Not everything having to do with WAD Manager is illigal.

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Arikado
Why do you feel the need to try to stop any other additions being made to an open source project. You keep trying to stop all other works that are just trying to make these programs better. I always released my source so that others like wiiwu or you could then use my changes in further projects. You keep stating things as facts that aren't and they really don't help others much.

QUOTE said:
jskyboos last mod of our work was based on v8 of Dop-IOS MOD (now called Dop-Mii)Actually my last work was based on v11 and has expanded greatly on it. You can find that here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=200297&st=60
QUOTE said:
We got rid of signcheck and made our own thing. We call it syscheck.Unless you have made some great changes for the release of dop-mii you are using mostly the same base of signcheck as I did with only a few minor changes. One which caused a lot of bricks at first, I still haven't looked into the benefits of that check but im sure you felt it had some advantages.
QUOTE said:
We support installation of any system file in a wide variety of formats including bin and WADI added wad based installation too.
QUOTEWhen you download shit you download from a private repository hosted by Lunatik, not NUS. This way Nintendo will never screw with you by modifying NUS. If you want to though, you can download from NUS.
This sounds cool but I haven't looked into it. I like the idea of a backup server, but I also like the idea of it as an option and using NUS by default. Also if you are always so worried about illegal files why host an entire server of them?
People: Stick with the real devs. Do not use this shady, uninspired, and overall disgusting software[..]Please do yourself a favor and quit; You're just genuinely pissing me off by adding a WAD installer to vastly (and buggy) outdated versions of our software. You're also misleading the public.
This is just plain rude. While these changes being made aren't all big and completely unique programs, this doesn't make them any less important changes. The changes Wiiwu has added have made the program better and if you don't care to add them to your project, fine, but they are still good additions. Wiiwu has given his project a new name so no one should be confused for long. Though you may not like it not all wads are illegal there now are many legal ones. Many people want full wad installation and if you won't add it others will. This is not about making you angry it is about furthering the programs and making better tools for everyone to use.

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
this assholes thinks that they are the god of wii, fucking assholes.
dop-ios is not originally yours,your just one who put MOD on it. so STFU.

actually i don't really use dop-ios mod(even with the MOD with arikado's name on it)
those MODs really suck, useless for me. until recently jskyboo and wiiwu made a new MOD. i like much better.

running MMM and jskyboo's mod with bannerbomb, i don't even have to use hackmii installer.
and that's great. easier for me to install anything, and the dol/elf loader is amazing. i can istall priiloader on the fly.

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
tj_cool said:
wes11ph said:
i successfully downgraded several wiis with boot2v4 to 3.2U.
(don't do this unless you know what's your doing)
Yes, but are they LU64+ model Wii's?
Having Boot2v4 alone is not enough
wink2.gif

well it's not LU64++,
but it's LU65++
and some korean wii's that has the boot2v4

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Note: I could not use quote boxes throughout because I went over gbatemps quote box limit. (What???)
jskyboo said:
@Arikado
Why do you feel the need to try to stop any other additions being made to an open source project. You keep trying to stop all other works that are just trying to make these programs better. I always released my source so that others like wiiwu or you could then use my changes in further projects. You keep stating things as facts that aren't and they really don't help others much.
I'm genuinely pissed off because you and wiimu are using deprecated versions of our software and turning it into a piracy tool. Furthermore, as I have proven in previous posts, there is no real advantage of this besides the piracy shit which is retarded.
jskyboo said:
Actually my last work was based on v11 and has expanded greatly on it. You can find that here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=200297&st=60
Interesting. But if you'll read the changelog http://wiibrew.org/wiki/DOP-Mii#Changelog DOP-Mii v12 blows DOP-IOS MOD out of the water. And we've only got tons of more great stuff you won't have on the way.
QUOTE said:
Unless you have made some great changes for the release of dop-mii you are using mostly the same base of signcheck as I did with only a few minor changes. One which caused a lot of bricks at first, I still haven't looked into the benefits of that check but im sure you felt it had some advantages.
We made huge changes. There is no code from signcheck hanging around in syscheck. We perform tons of more checks on tons of more things than signcheck ever did. Furthermore, none of the bugs in signcheck are present in our software. And what the hell do you mean "one which caused a lot of bricks at first"? What the hell did you do to signcheck that it was bricking people? You shouldn't be able to brick a Wii just by reading the NAND.
jskyboo said:
I added wad based installation too.
You're cool. That was so hard to do.
QUOTE(jskyboo @ Mar 8 2010, 02:14 AM)
This sounds cool but I haven't looked into it. I like the idea of a backup server, but I also like the idea of it as an option and using NUS by default. Also if you are always so worried about illegal files why host an entire server of them?
A) I don't host it and B) More good than bad comes from doing so (the iphone/ipod touch devs also do this which inspired this development). Illegally distributing a virgin IOS is not nearly as bad as pirating wiiware or vc.

“This is just plain rude. While these changes being made aren't all big and completely unique programs, this doesn't make them any less important changes. The changes Wiiwu has added have made the program better and if you don't care to add them to your project, fine, but they are still good additions. Wiiwu has given his project a new name so no one should be confused for long. Though you may not like it not all wads are illegal there now are many legal ones. Many people want full wad installation and if you won't add it others will. This is not about making you angry it is about furthering the programs and making better tools for everyone to use.”
Horseshit. It's misleading people because he's encouraging people to use deprecated buggy versions of our software. And again, as I've repeatedly proven, it is far more advantageous to use DOP-Mii (formerly known as Dop-IOS MOD) and WAD Manager seperately than to use this single program. But you won't hear Wiiwu admit to that of course :/

I get that this is open source and I get that you can do whatever the hell you want. If I didn't want people to work on the program and do stuff to it like this and make unnofficial releases I would make the project closed source. I am not a bad guy and I understand the benefits to some people of adding WAD Manager into our project (however it will never be in an official build). However, this particular unofficial version is completely retarded. For the last time: You are denying people of many, many features present in DOP-Mii by simply adding WAD Manager to your project. Why? I have no idea (other than that you're completely retarded of course). But I simply can't sit idly by and watch.

@Other commenters
I find your comments of telling me to go die and calling me an asshole rather amusing. Keep it up. A few of them will be going on my signature as a badge of honor later.

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
hello teentin!

we really like this right!?
cool.gif

some one here on gbatemp is not talking about piracy?
go to wiibrew forum please. do the talking there. and tell this thread to marcan and do not go back here.
dry.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
i like this tool also but i would also like to see it use the latest Dop-Mii source if possible

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well i shouldn´t really care but i think Arikado is just right i mean where are the credits to the original Authors and especially that the source (of a GPL project) isn´t released is just wrong.

However this is just my opinion
wink.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
nIxx said:
Well i shouldn´t really care but i think Arikado is just right i mean where are the credits to the original Authors and especially that the source (of a GPL project) isn´t released is just wrong.

However this is just my opinion
wink.gif

yeah very agreeable in both counts, i see this happening a lot here on temp now ppl not listing there sources and not giving creds to originals.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?