Hacking New Wii with [lu64*] serial number unhackable?

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
johnnycs said:
kornychaos said:
I have an LU6468 which came with 3.4U.
Currently I'm on 4.0U and I can indeed play backups of my originals:

Steps which worked for me:
a) Install the Homebrew Channel using the Twilight Hack
b) Place Channel File Manager 2.0 BETA 4 on the SD card

I have an LU6432... and I have already installed the Twilight Hack and I have installed quite a few WADs through the custom WAD Manager for IOS16.

I get the black screen on step b - Running Channel File Manager 2.0 Beta 4. Is it not running because of something I could have done in previous attempts, or is my Wii just another unmodifiable one?

Have you installed any cIOS (cios_fix or any newer cIOS revision in WAD form) using Custom WAD Manager for IOS16? That shoud be your next step after installing IOS16.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just picked up a new Wii with serial # LU6528XXXXX and SystemMenu 3.4U.

Installed HBC and IOS16.

Installed cIOS v9 from a WAD.

Backup Launcher Gamma, SoftChip R88, and USB Loader 1.1 are all working perfectly.

Obviously a higher serial number is not an indication that a softmod will not work.

And I was hoping that this Wii would be "unhackable" so I could work on it...

wacko.gif

EDIT: spelling

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skarface05 said:
The SoftMii Team have a working fix for the LU64+ wiis and will release it with the 3.0 release on April 24th.

I've heard that and seen it on your website, but will it necessarily involve the full SoftMii procedure, or will there be an explanation and a minimal set of steps for those who don't want to replace all of their IOS'es etc...?

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skarface05 said:
It will be a separate phase just for LU64+ wii users.

So it will be up to you once you free your wii again
smile.gif

Nice. Thank you.

I don't actually need it, I just want to know why it happens and what the workaround is (just for my curiosity).
I'll take a look when it comes out.

tasamy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for noob question. Can you please tell me what is the difference between softmii and using Twilight/CISO/Backuploader?
I can not find information online for softmii!

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone though about doing an offline downgrade before trying to install the cios?
- Load Wad Manager 1.3
- Install IOS30-64-v1040.wad
- Install SystemMenu-v289.wad
- Install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
Not positive if the order of install matters but I install them in this order.

Doing this will get you on 3.2U and possibly then have the ability to do more and not get a black screen. I don't know it's kind of a shot in the dark.
But this is how I downgrade my wii's since I don't have wireless.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The install order is critical for IOS-30 and SystemMenu. Install the system menu before IOS-30 and you've got a brick.

And the thing is, you won't be able to install those IOS files without cIOS installed (except for IOS16) because you need cIOS installed to replace a newer IOS with an older one. IOS16 works because it doesn't come with your Wii.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fringle said:
Has anyone though about doing an offline downgrade before trying to install the cios?
- Load Wad Manager 1.3
- Install IOS30-64-v1040.wad
- Install SystemMenu-v289.wad
- Install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
Not positive if the order of install matters but I install them in this order.

Doing this will get you on 3.2U and possibly then have the ability to do more and not get a black screen. I don't know it's kind of a shot in the dark.
But this is how I downgrade my wii's since I don't have wireless.

Without the cIOS you aren't able to uninstall the IOS and the system menu. With the WAD Manager that uses IOS16, you could install IOS30 and 3.2 system menu, but the WAD Manager has to uninstall these titles before, so it won't work.

If you use the DVDx installer to downgrade IOS35 and then use a WAD Manager that uses IOS35, and try with that if you are able to downgrade IOS33. IOS33 for testing, if it wokrs, it's safe to try to downgrade IOS30. Never try something new with the system menu IOS. Oh and very similar to what noobwarrior suggested days before, but uses a nintendo IOS.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious if anyone with this problem ("unhackable Wii") can run the new WAD Creator v1.0.

This ran fine on my LU65 Wii...would like to know if it freezes on other LU64+ Wii's (no solution idea here, I'm just curious).

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
for anyone here still interested in this, i've got a friends wii right here with serial number LE and it wouldnt load up the ios/ cios downgraders. the same way the LU64 wii's appear not to be doing.

i managed to use wad manager 1.3 to install IOS16.

then i attempted to install cios_rev7.wad through the same wad manager, error ret 201* or something like that, same for cios_fix.

loaded up custom wad manager, attempted to install cios_rev7.wad and it worked!

went back to HBC and then loaded IOS downgrader, no black screen and restart wii
smile.gif
its currently installing the 'hackable IOS'

no errors so far... but its not done... give it a few mins lol then i'll report about cIOS downgrader also.

UPDATE: indeed the IOS downgrader seems to have worked... currently running cIOS downgrader to change the firmware... will report again if success/ fail XD

UPDATE 2: successfully downgraded to 3.2E. currently upgrading to 4.0E and then installing cIOSCORP for his backup needs
smile.gif

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
KiiWii said:
LE -wiis are fine! all my wiis are LE and modded ... wtf is your point?

WOOOOOOW dont cry mate.

i said at the start 'for anyone here still interested in this'

and the reason i posted it, was because i was getting the black screen errors with ios downgrader and cios downgrader.

plus, i couldnt find anything about LE Wiis, and since i lack any money at all i cant go out and buy one to test anything for anyone.

calm down, what makes you king of the forum?

dogeggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
for anyone here still interested in this, i've got a friends wii right here with serial number LE and it wouldnt load up the ios/ cios downgraders. the same way the LU64 wii's appear not to be doing.

i managed to use wad manager 1.3 to install IOS16.

then i attempted to install cios_rev7.wad through the same wad manager, error ret 201* or something like that, same for cios_fix.

loaded up custom wad manager, attempted to install cios_rev7.wad and it worked!

went back to HBC and then loaded IOS downgrader, no black screen and restart wii
smile.gif
its currently installing the 'hackable IOS'

no errors so far... but its not done... give it a few mins lol then i'll report about cIOS downgrader also.

UPDATE: indeed the IOS downgrader seems to have worked... currently running cIOS downgrader to change the firmware... will report again if success/ fail XD

UPDATE 2: successfully downgraded to 3.2E. currently upgrading to 4.0E and then installing cIOSCORP for his backup needs
smile.gif

I was wondering when we would get these wiis in uk...what is the full serial no.?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He got the black screen errors because he had the october23rd-update on his Wii. His Wii doesn't have the thing that is discussed in this thread. Why are some poeple unable to read? -.-

Thing is Nintendo obviously did something to starlet that let's it detect a cIOS. Either it detects a function in it, that isn't in a normal IOS or it just blocks IOS249 (that would be a pretty weak solution but I wouldn't put it past Nintendo).
Either way, we won't see anything changing this until Waninkoko does some seriouse investigating. Nobody else can do it as nobody else has the cIOS source...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Slowking said:
He got the black screen errors because he had the october23rd-update on his Wii. His Wii doesn't have the thing that is discussed in this thread. Why are some poeple unable to read? -.-

Thing is Nintendo obviously did something to starlet that let's it detect a cIOS. Either it detects a function in it, that isn't in a normal IOS or it just blocks IOS249 (that would be a pretty weak solution but I wouldn't put it past Nintendo).
Either way, we won't see anything changing this until Waninkoko does some seriouse investigating. Nobody else can do it as nobody else has the cIOS source...

Well it blackscreens too if you try to use a cIOS that has only the dip module patched. I think it's either detecting an unusual IOS slot being used, or that the IOS is trucha signed. Anyways the SoftMii team told they found a solution, let's see what it is and if you are able to extract the necessary parts out of it while ignoring the system menu messing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.