Hacking New Wii with [lu64*] serial number unhackable?

locoss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi you all, well maybe this help you guys with the softmii

I Have a wii 3.4U Lu6433. Is the one is unmodable.

I installed the HBC with the ZELDA HACK, later the IOS16 with the Wad manager 1.3, and then the CIOS FIX. After that with most off the apps in the HBC give me black screen. Staring the same applications with the ZELDA exploit gives me the same black screen.

I then used the LU64fix wad that came in the softmii 2.9.7 and installed with Custom WAD manager.

After that the HBC could open the Wad manager 1.3, and the other apps that gives me the black screen.

After that I installed the IOS36-64-v1042.wad to later on install the CIOS installer, but after the installation of the IOS36-64-v1042.wad, the HBC gives me a black SCREEN, and the ZELDA exploit after loading any .DOL the screen freezes.

I'm stuck now, and the only thing I can think off is to update the wii with the oficial ninteno update to v.4.0U to see if the HBC can be started!

I hope this info helps you or helps anyone to NOT repeat the same mistake!

BTW, if someone have any idea or knows any posible solution, just say it
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Didn't someone from the SoftMii team say that downgrading with a unsoftmoddable Wii is stupid? What do you mean why he said that? I think it's because some IOS and some cIOS don't work on such a system. That's why you need a special cIOS and that's why now everything that uses IOS36 is dead for you.

twice77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased a new Wii system a few weeks ago. Its a
Wii Version 3.4U LU645

Tried the BANNERBOMB hack to install HB but I guess Im gonna need the Twighlight Hack Instead?
Has anyone solved this issue with a Wii LU64*?
Do I upgrade to 4.0?

I just want to play Wads and back up games!! AHHHH!!

Thankx in advance for any updates.

runkittyrun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wouldn't upgrade to 4.0 on lu64 currently, its not worth it

i did and all i got out of it was the shop channel which i wanted to check out but completely not worth it, its kinda sad really, and the sdhc card support is trivial you cant move your installed channels to the card they wont play

i believe bannerbomb works on 4.0 but not 4.0 on a lu64, so...

if you want play wads you should install ios16 and the custom wad manager(ios16 version)
[test them for region before installing so you dont brick your wii]

if you want play backups of the games you own then you'll need a mod chip currently

Sebastian25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ im pretty sure you are wrong. If you DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, STOP POSTING ON THESE FORUMS... you breed ignorance.

There was a LU64 FIX released... if you bothered reading you wouldnt have this problem.

----

If you have an LU64+ or Wii from another region that can't be softmodded then here's the fix you have been waiting for.

IMPORTANT: NEVER DOWNGRADE YOUR LU64 WII!! IT WILL BRICK!! DO NOT USE CIOSCORP OR IT WILL BRICK!!

1) Copy contents of LU64fix.rar to SD card.

2) Install IOS16 with Wad Manager

3) Run Custom Wad Manager and use this to install LU64.wad

4) Restart the Wii

5) Run LU64CIOS and select 'Network Install' only. Wad install DOES NOT WORK!

6) Restart Wii

7) Done! You are now free to install DVD/USB backup loaders, NOT CIOSCORP!! and you can update to 4 if you like but NEVER DOWNGRADE!!

DO NOT INSTALL ANY OTHER CIOS AT THIS TIME! YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE R11 WHEN IT IS READY AND CONFIRMED SAFE

Credit and many thanks to: Waninkoko - Linknworm - Skarface - The Softmii Team - All the LU64 Testers and Dogeggs for the guide.

twice77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sebastian25 said:
^ im pretty sure you are wrong. If you DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, STOP POSTING ON THESE FORUMS... you breed ignorance.

There was a LU64 FIX released... if you bothered reading you wouldnt have this problem.

----

If you have an LU64+ or Wii from another region that can't be softmodded then here's the fix you have been waiting for.

IMPORTANT: NEVER DOWNGRADE YOUR LU64 WII!! IT WILL BRICK!! DO NOT USE CIOSCORP OR IT WILL BRICK!!

1) Copy contents of LU64fix.rar to SD card.

2) Install IOS16 with Wad Manager

3) Run Custom Wad Manager and use this to install LU64.wad

4) Restart the Wii

5) Run LU64CIOS and select 'Network Install' only. Wad install DOES NOT WORK!

6) Restart Wii

7) Done! You are now free to install DVD/USB backup loaders, NOT CIOSCORP!! and you can update to 4 if you like but NEVER DOWNGRADE!!

DO NOT INSTALL ANY OTHER CIOS AT THIS TIME! YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE R11 WHEN IT IS READY AND CONFIRMED SAFE

Credit and many thanks to: Waninkoko - Linknworm - Skarface - The Softmii Team - All the LU64 Testers and Dogeggs for the guide.

Hey thankx for the info...I did go back and kept researching this problem so as to not breed ignorance...although ignorance can be bliss I do appreciate forums like these. After I posted here I found the New LU64 fix and am NOT going to upgrade to 4.0. I did read that BEFORE you install the LU64 Fix you must install the Twighlight hack to get Howmbrew first THEN install the fix. Ive yet to get my hands on a copy on Zelda to try it out.

rawrindmajor

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
hi i read across this and some other threads, but i couldn't find much info about the other regions "unhackable" wiis...
Anyone know where to find a list of other regions' "lu64" consoles? like japan, europe or australia "lu64" serial codes. it would be very helpful for people like me, because i want to buy my friend's wii and its serial is LAH109 (from australia), but i don't know if it is old enough to be hacked... nvm, just made it work.

twice77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
You can use BannerBomb instead.

I tired using Banner Bomb Im on LU64 wii with 3.4U...Put bannerbomb on USB Drive and followed the instructions but my wii just reboots after I get to the initial install screen for boot.elf...upon further research I read bannerbomb won't work on an LU64+++

Posts merged

twice77 said:
QUOTE(FenrirWolf @ May 26 2009, 06:55 PM) You can use BannerBomb instead.
Put bannerbomb on USB Drive and followed the instructions...

Not USB drive, I meant my SDcard which is a Kingston 2 gig

twice77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it. The Twighlight hack worked and then I installed the LU64 fix, everything is peachy.

Homebrew up and running. Anyone know what the best backup launcher to use to play backuped games? Im on a LU64+ with 3.4U...

Also tried two emulators (SNES AND Wii64) both dont work. SNES says "Invalid File Size" when I try to load the wads and Wii64 freezes at menu screen.

Any suggestions? Thankx in advance

twice77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it. The Twighlight hack worked and then I installed the LU64 fix, everything is peachy.

Homebrew up and running. Anyone know what the best backup launcher to use to play backuped games? Im on a LU64+ with 3.4U...

Also tried two emulators (SNES AND Wii64) both dont work. SNES says "Invalid File Size" when I try to load the wads and Wii64 freezes at menu screen.

flavors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twice77 said:

I have a lu64 on 4.0u , and snes working fine , the invalid file size it is most likely because you gota bad rom , check the size must be 1 meg +

bebs

Trophies
XP
Country
huh? this is really weird...i ve hacked my cousin's 3.4U LU64 wii....and then downgraded to 3.2U and nothing happened...yeah that was risky to do that, but i was not informed about that...

here what i ve done:

- installation of HBC by bannerbomb and hackmii installer
- installation of ios 16
- installation of cios fix (the old one used to downgrade 3.3v2 and 3.4 wiis)
- installation of cios rev 14

and i ve downgraded offline by installing:

RVL-bc-v2.wad
RVL-mios-v5.wad
ios 30
syst menu 289..

but i tried to install starfall and preloader, but it fails saying "the ios 36 has the trucha bug fixed"...

all worked fine... i just want to give some feedbacks because i don t really understand new wiis.

(i have 3.3v1 wii downgraded to 3.2U....LU 33)

sorry if it has already been said in the topic

but i tried to install starfall and preloader, but it fails saying "the ios 36 has the trucha bug fixed"...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Though I Do Cross-Dress Once in awhile :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The home just confuses your wardrobe
    How are you doing today K3Nv2?
    You did? By whom?
    Ohh, Don't tell me lEOTck did it to you? :O:sad:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah we all know luke is who leo's smashing
    +1
    Oh :shit:! And I didn't get to 📽️ it! :angry::sad::cry: :hateit:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST FOUND OUT THAT ULTERIOR MOTIVES WAS FOUND YESTERDAY, AND IT WAS FROM P O R N 💀😭
    +1
    😱 .............................. :evil::tpi::evil:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, what's ulterior motives?
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    it was a lostwave song
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @zeith_7, 1) what's lostwave? 2) give context
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    lostwaves are like songs that became lost
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    they are partially or never found
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    ulterior motives is one of the internets lostwaves
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok read the Wikipedia article
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    and basically people were trying to find it for a while after a post with the lost songs only snippet
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @zeith_7, and an obscure norp film had the song
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    correct
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    the orginal snippet was from a pirated verison of the film basically
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    or so i think
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    i never expected it to get discovered this year/month
    zeith_7 @ zeith_7: i never expected it to get discovered this year/month