Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliaspider

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
ah sorry, I was referring to the New 3DS extra controls, since those seem to be supported by ctrulib.
I didn't find any example on how to use the circle pad pro, so adding support for that is gonna take some time.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I was talking about the N3DS controls, not the circle pad pro. They will not work on the CIA builds until you add the ir:rst service to the RSF file. That's the service that the N3DS uses for the C-stick, ZL, and ZR.

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah sorry, I was referring to the New 3DS extra controls, since those seem to be supported by ctrulib.
I didn't find any example on how to use the circle pad pro, so adding support for that is gonna take some time.
I don't think there's a homebrew library for controlling the IR blaster. So it might not be possible right now.

Last edited by teampleb,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
huh? the infrared service ? seriously ? ok. I was unaware of that, I'll add it then xD

Well, the N3DS controls emulate the circle pad pro in older games (i.e. Monster Hunter 3 and such), so it's not terribly surprising that it'd use an IR service (at least to me :P).

Edit: Also, like I said a few pages back, it's possible that the CIA builds might not boot below 8.x anymore once ir:rst is enabled (this service was introduced in 8.x along with N3DS), so you might want to provide extra builds without ir:rst just to be safe..

Last edited by daxtsu,

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
huh? the infrared service ? seriously ? ok. I was unaware of that, I'll add it then xD

Well, CPP connects to 3DS via IR port, so there it is.

I honestly can't find any use for it aside PSX emulation, wich isn't viable on O3DS. Additional inputs are always welcome i supose.

(It also makes O3DS way more ergonomic i should say)

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I found a bug in the latest built. When I play a game with the lower screen turned off and then trying to exit the emulator. The 3DS hangs. Have to reboot with the power button.

Otherwise it looks just fantastic with the lower screen turned off! :)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I honestly can't find any use for it aside PSX emulation, wich isn't viable on O3DS. Additional inputs are always welcome i supose.

Additional buttons could also be used for slowdown, fast forward, saving/loading states, etc. Some systems don't use many buttons at all. :P

I found a bug in the latest built. When I play a game with the lower screen turned off and then trying to exit the emulator. The 3DS hangs. Have to reboot with the power button.

Not a bug, you have to press start to exit RetroArch for whatever reason.

Reactions: SLiV3R and Osakasan

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, just press start. You still have to press it even if the lower screen is off.

Last edited by teampleb,
Reactions: SLiV3R

aliaspider

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Well, the N3DS controls emulate the circle pad pro in older games (i.e. Monster Hunter 3 and such), so it's not terribly surprising that it'd use an IR service (at least to me :P).
ok that makes sense :).

Edit: Also, like I said a few pages back, it's possible that the CIA builds might not boot below 8.x anymore once ir:rst is enabled (this service was introduced in 8.x along with N3DS), so you might want to provide extra builds without ir:rst just to be safe..
why would someone be below 8.x ?
Not a bug, you have to press start to exit RetroArch for whatever reason.
to read the console obviously :D. maybe I should make it exit directly when the console is disabled though.

Last edited by aliaspider,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
why would someone be below 8.x ?

*Shrug* Your guess is as good as mine, but I would imagine there are still a few who still use the old and decrepit 4.x Palantine CFW. However, it's probably not worth going to the trouble. I was just pointing it out.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
we still don't know if it actually works :D

It should, but I'll compile a build of Gambatte in a minute to see.

Edit: I can't compile Gambatte. I'm not really sure what I'm missing here..

Edit 2: Nevermind. I made a silly mistake with a file rename. Compiles fine now.

Edit 3: There's something wrong with silent.wav, or bannertool:

Code:
E:\Programming\Development\Consoles\3DS\retroarch\RetroArch>make -f makefile.ctr
LIBRETRO=gambatte
ctr/tools/bannertool.exe makebanner -i "ctr/libretro_banner.png" -a "ctr/silent.
wav" -o retroarch_3ds.bnr
ERROR: Could not find WAV format chunk.
make: *** [retroarch_3ds.bnr] Error 4

Edit 3 (continued): But I replaced it with another wav file that didn't have that error, so I compiled it just fine.

Anyway, the N3DS controls work fine with ir:rst added.

Last edited by daxtsu,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So the PSX Core would be able to have L/R2 and RStick Controls? Not to mention would have the extra controls for the other Cores like FBA.

I don't think the C-stick is implemented as an analog stick at the moment (from what I saw, I think it's functioning as a second directional pad, so it wouldn't really be "analog", it'd be on or off all the way), but yeah, you should be able to play games that require L2/R2.

Reactions: Smoker1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5aJ-57_YsQ