Hacking [Tuto] R4i SDHC (and other clones) - How to play new games ?

bearkilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I still cannot get new games to run using the dual boot method, specifically sonic classic collection

I have a red happybox v1.4 R4 clone running latest 1.17b fw + 2gb card (the website on the label is www.r4isdhc.com), old games work fine

When I try and run sonic classic collection from the native fw I get error code 4

When I try and run from RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v6.72 I get a black screen (the 'creating sav' and 'loading rom' bars load fine though)

I am using the 'R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC TTMenu' version, others won't boot for me, I have also tried to run this natively (by renaming the .dat) but I get black/white screen on boot.

Also using latest 26859-RetroGameFan DAT Update v6.72 5922

Any ideas before I buy another cart?

I have tried decrypting the rom with eNDryptS_Advanced_v1.2

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
I still cannot get new games to run using the dual boot method, specifically sonic classic collection

I have a red happybox v1.4 R4 clone running latest 1.17b fw + 2gb card (the website on the label is www.r4isdhc.com), old games work fine

When I try and run sonic classic collection from the native fw I get error code 4

When I try and run from RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v6.72 I get a black screen (the 'creating sav' and 'loading rom' bars load fine though)

I am using the 'R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC TTMenu' version, others won't boot for me, I have also tried to run this natively (by renaming the .dat) but I get black/white screen on boot.

If you have a www.r4isdhc.com "Happy Box" (not many people were happy after buying one of those) then you should be using the files from the R4SDHC folder (you should be able to use this as a full kernel replacement rather than as a dual boot).

bearkilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

If you have a www.r4isdhc.com "Happy Box" (not many people were happy after buying one of those) then you should be using the files from the R4SDHC folder (you should be able to use this as a full kernel replacement rather than as a dual boot).

ok will give that a try tonight, thanks :)

bearkilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

ok in the r4sdhc folder do I rename _DS_MENU.DATor r4dldi.dat to 'R4.dat'?

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country

See if it works as is first. It should work without any modification.

bearkilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

ok tried that with no modificatiopn and I get white and black screen :(

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country

ok tried that with no modificatiopn and I get white and black screen :(
Everything you need is in the R4SDHC folder including the install instructions. You DO NOT need the r4isdhc.com kernel. Just format the card, extract everything from the R4SDHC folder onto the card and plug the card into your flashcart and you should then be running RGF MultiCartUpdate.

If this works then you can update the DAT's if you need to.

Here are the full instructions as included in the R4SDHC folder.
Then format your microSD with the Panasonic SD Formatter and use these options :
FORMAT TYPE - FULL (Erase ON)
FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT - ON

Then extract the files from new firmware and copy the following to your microSD :
_PATCH folder
_system_ folder
Games folder
TTMenu folder
_DS_MENU.DAT
_DS_MENU.INI
_DS_MENU.SYS
DEFAULT.nds
r4dldi.dat

Copy usrcheat.dat to TTMenu folder

Rahul

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Does anyone know a way to edit the files system from a R4i firmware?
I would like to uncompile in order to change the R4 Menu icons for the middle one to launch the TTMENU.NDS.

The .dll extensions could be .xyz that would be the same, meaning they are not proper dynamic link library...
When u boot the firmware, u will see 3 icons. First one is "Multimedia", second one is "Game" and third one is "Net".
If u want to change multimedia icon path, than go to "plugins" folder and replace the file "R4iMSHL.bin". If u have a *.nds file then rename it
to r4imshl.bin. Now, click the multimedia icon and boot ur desired content. U can change the game icon path by replacing "R4iMain.bin" in
"plugins" folder. Just rename ur nds files into R4iMain.bin.

Hope it will work for u. If it does than let me know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh