Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Little things I think would still be left:

1. Moved Preloader DOL (if it isn't removed from installing the sys menu again)
2. CIOSCORP IOS9 (as far as I know the downgraders don't touch IOS9)
3. Logs (include Homebrew Channel and others)

Little things you shouldn't delete:
1. IOS254 (copy of IOS9 put in on 3.4 update to prevent PatchMii)

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Updated agian...

if anyone else has a problem running this, or has any comments, I will gladly take them... since I only have 1 Wii, I can only test it on MY system. Different people have different installs, so I need all the feedback I can get to get this guide complete!

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What happens to games that need ios9 to run if it's not there anymore ?

Also does ios9 get re-installed when running an update from the internet ?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OBI said:
the retail disc will install this IOS
Only if its been deleted and not if it has been corrupted - someone on here has a problem with zelda - it wont load now but ios9 is installed (though corrupted) and homebrew is deleted so he is stuck

@ zidane_genome
Do truely Virgin Wii's come with the homebrew channel pre-installed now ?
Careful with your words because its not removing everything , it just removes a lot, but its far from a virgin wii when your done.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Shit this info it is wrong like hell...!!!
wtf.gif

First, your going to want to run the Hack Remover. This will remove the hacks.ini file from your Wii.
Once your done, you'll need to run the AnyRegionChanger. This will reinstall all your IOS's back to the Nintendo approved content.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey we no longer have to really About Nintendo Blocking Homebrew Were doing that ourselves.LOL Blocking Zelda Completely Thats the Coolest thing i heard in a awhile
rofl2.gif

IOS37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
IOS37 said:
What IOS re installs the WII hymen?

Well on hexadecimal "47 = G" so it must be near there
laugh.gif

I found that when I rebuild the hymen the history still shows signs of penetration.
And every man knows that hexadecimal 47 is a myth!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've tested this 3 times today alone... the way the guide is written now has worked for me every single time... I can load all 50+ games of mine, and they play. I have a semi-virgin wii (still have Homebrew channel).

If anyone comes across a problem, please let me know.

And as for IOS9, sorry, that was my mistake... when you install SystemMenu-v2xx.WAD, that will rewrite the IOS back to normal, and get's rid of the custom code from it... I've tested it 3 times now...

Since there are many Wii's with many different configurations, I can't be 100% sure this will work for everyone, so if anyone runs into problems, please let me know.

Kree_boy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guide worked no prob...had some trouble with SSBB yesterday...just got around to fixing it today..
This guide was a big help...wiped...reinstalled softmii v1 and everything is running no problems...
"Now witness the FULL POWER of this fully armed and operational Wii!"
THANKS!

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok only problem i still see, is you say using ARC removes all CIOS's back to Original but it doesn't it only replaces the System menu and the IOS30 still leaving all other CIOSCORP wads untouch, It does break CIOSCORP Disc Loading but not removing it completely

I'm guessing this thread is not meant for people with CIOSCORP or SOFTMII or RiskiMod?

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
camar3na said:
would this work on my girlfriend too?
smile.gif
tried it on my old lady and let me tell you, when I tried to insert the SD there was no turning her on... then again I don't remember installing the HBC, so I guess i'll try the zelda disc later....

IOS37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oneleggedjack said:
camar3na said:
would this work on my girlfriend too?
smile.gif
tried it on my old lady and let me tell you, when I tried to insert the SD there was no turning her on... then again I don't remember installing the HBC, so I guess i'll try the zelda disc later....

Make sure she is from the same region as your Zelda disk.
If she puts up to much of a fight try it when she is in sleep mode.

ralph9994

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i got i thing to add: If you have installed the mii channel update and/or shop update installen remove that IOS also (IOS51 for shop channel update) i dont know foor mii channel.

but in witch menu you will need to look te remove 60+ IOS thing?

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
You have a point, but your guide doesn't tell it's for starfall/preloader/softmii users only. I worry about noobs not understanding anything and following guides not being made for them. You can't predict what they are doing. I only want you to be careful, i think you wouldn't like it if somebody bricks his Wii with your guide, even if it's totally his own fault.
I AGREE IM NOT A TOTAL NOOB BUT WHILE I WAS IN ANY TITLE DELETER I SAW THE SYSTEM MENU THOUGHT ABOUT DELETING IT GLAD I DIDNT CAUSE I DELETED ALL THE ABOVE 200 TITLES & LOST & PRE LOADER @ SAME TIME I WAS USING SOFTMII WANT 2 GET A MOD CHIP BUT ITS A NEW SYSTEM & ITS NOT ON THE TRACKER DATABASE ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEAS MY SERIAL#LU628538923

Kree_boy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used this no problem today...
Used it because SSBB was giving me an error saying it couldnt read the disk..not the black read error screen..but a white screen basically telling me the same thing...i tried using a diffrent retail SSBB....setting unsetting hacks..removing hacks....reinstalling softmii (but not from "semi virgin state")...none of these worked at all...

So I....
deleted all IOS that were 200 and above.
used SSBB to update. (just in case)
Used IOS Downgrader.
Used Arc.
Installed wad 01 from the softmii pack.
Then went thru the rest of the steps to install the softmii pack.
And made sure i had the system wad just incase i screwed up my sysmenu...

Everything is running great now...have tested all my retail and backups. No problems at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: