Hacking Tutorial to using USB Loader v1.1 and FAQs

Reaprar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tanks said:
When you make a partition, it will automatically select the free space on the drive so there's no real need to worry about your data getting erased.
Tried this, it's working now, but I think it erased all my data.. not sure :\

Also, I can't seem to dump from my dvd drive to the usb via the loader, I can dump stuff from my PC using the wbfs tools, but when I try and dump from a game nothing seems to happen, it just says "dumping from [game]" then says "press A to continue" and it doesn't seem to read from the disc and no percentage is shown.

This happens with retails and backups.

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theotherfreakyguy said:
Can someone help me with this?

I have a Maxtor Onetouch 4 250GB that I took a 40GB partition out of for the USB Loader. It formatted as WBFS from the Loader successfully, and I managed to copy some of my games from DVD onto the drive, and they work perfect.
However, I can't manage to put ISOs on from the PC.
I plugged in the Maxtor, then set it up as a logical partition on drive W without changing anything, and it still works via the USB Loader, so that's good.
But, when trying to use wbfs_win, this happened:

My input:
wbfs_win W add wiiplay.iso RHAE
Its output:
bad magic: No error

Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

Edit: Just re-read this thread, it appears my problem is similar to that of Tanks. We both have the same HDD, we both are using the second partition, etc.
Maybe I just need to buy a new drive and format the whole thing, but if this can be fixed then I'm richer.
tongue.gif

First off, you need to CD to the right directory if you haven't already. Then it should be;
Code:
wbfs_win.exe W add wiiplay.iso

And if it's the partitioning problem, just stick the partition for USB Loader as your first partition.

QUOTE said:
So does that mean i can use a hard drive over 512gb I just need to make it so the partition is under 512gb ?
Does this also work with MiiWii ?
Yes, you can use a 1tb hard drive and it'll work if properly partitioned.
And i have no idea about your second question, haha.

Tried this, it's working now, but I think it erased all my data.. not sure :\

Also, I can't seem to dump from my dvd drive to the usb via the loader, I can dump stuff from my PC using the wbfs tools, but when I try and dump from a game nothing seems to happen, it just says "dumping from [game]" then says "press A to continue" and it doesn't seem to read from the disc and no percentage is shown.

This happens with retails and backups.

You can't dump from your computers DVD Drive unless you have a special DVD reader.

Reaprar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Darkzero51521 said:
You can't dump from your computers DVD Drive unless you have a special DVD reader.
Nono, I mean I can't dump from the WII's dvd drive, I can use the wbfs tool to send some from my PC to the hard drive, but I can't use the wii's dvd drive to install to the hard drive, nothing seems to happen.

If it helps, I'm still on 3.2E, and everything works but this.

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reaprar said:
Darkzero51521 said:
Nono, I mean I can't dump from the WII's dvd drive, I can use the wbfs tool to send some from my PC to the hard drive, but I can't use the wii's dvd drive to install to the hard drive, nothing seems to happen.

Nothing happens at all? Or does it freeze at 0.00%?

Reaprar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Darkzero51521 said:
Reaprar said:
Darkzero51521 said:

Nothing happens at all? Or does it freeze at 0.00%?
Nothing happens at all, a percentage isn't even shown, it just says "press A to continue", then creates a blank game above the ones already installed, if I try and load it, it causes "press A to continue" to appear on the screen a ton of times until I turn it off.

takuya

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
hi all,
I have System Menu 3.2E cIOSre09 installed and usb loader.
since that, my usb mic (official nintendo one) don't work on Animal Crossing (while wifi game) (with usb loader and now with backup loader)
anyone got this trouble too ?
txs

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah im kinda worried right now, my homebrew channel is still in beta and i have backup launchers installed, if i upgrade my homebrew channel will it screw up any of the ISO installs? im at 3.2U as wii version

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah im kinda worried right now, my homebrew channel is still in beta and i have backup launchers installed, if i upgrade my homebrew channel will it screw up any of the ISO installs? im at 3.2U as wii version

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
takuya said:
hi all,
I have System Menu 3.2E cIOSre09 installed and usb loader.
since that, my usb mic (official nintendo one) don't work on Animal Crossing (while wifi game) (with usb loader and now with backup loader)
anyone got this trouble too ?
txs

Only one USB device can be plugged in at the same time
so its the HDD (for the usb loader to work) OR the mic

Twoacross said:

Updating the HBC is safe and will not mess with ISO or anything else
If you update from beta8 or lower, convert all your .elf files to .dol files

bugaveli said:
QUOTE(Bladexdsl @ Mar 30 2009, 11:07 PM)
for any1 that wants to know card readers do not work.

My card reader works fine Sandisk micromate
People really should stop thinking that because theirs doesnt work, nobodys will

Yep, some cardreaders (and cards) work while others dont
you can find some of them in the wiki

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
rally1 said:
i have my card reader and charger connected at the same time(in the wii) and both work ok
the charger only needs the usb power
a mic or other device will exchange data with the wii
so thats probably why the combination with a charger works

takuya

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
even with only the micro plug, this one don't work (even with my old backup with backup launcher or geckoos )
i have tested on 2 wii (wiikey on first and softmod on second one, both on 3.2E with only mic pluged and same trouble)
i think the last cios (cios36 rev9) cause trouble.
anyone can test if their mic work with the last cios ?
or how can i uninstall cios 36 rev9 (i think ciosunistaller can unistall only cios 37)
thanks

update :
the problem is only on the softmod wii (wiikey one is fine if you launch the game via dvd)
even if i launch my backup via backup launcher (wiigator) without usb key plugged, my mic don't work

grakje

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
My loader works (with isos), though it doesn't like to dump games (from Wii), cause it stucks @ 0.00%, and turning off gives a code dump. Any suggestions to bypass?

My Wii has CIOS249, CIOS222, Usb loader 1.1, and both CIOS I've reinstalled, once more.

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I have seen this question... so I will ask.

Once you've installed USB Loader 1.1... you can still use the Backup Launcher and GC Launcher from HBC or Channels, right?

CaptainN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does the USB loader block any updates from the game discs? I have a Japanese Wii, and don't want to brick it by a US or PAL game. I currently use GeckoOS (with legal discs), which blocks the updates fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1