Hacking What should I have/install to keep 3.2 up-to-date/prevent FW upgrades?

nintendough

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3.2U and have updated shop channel, ripped some IOSs from discs (so I can play Pikmin, AC, etc), and have the latest HBC as well as some injected VC WADs from back in the day. From what I understand the Wii menu is updated in IOSs as opposed to the whole thing so it's possible to get new functionality without upgrading everything. I don't use homebrew too much and while I haven't installed a WAD in a long time, the ability to add/remove them is nice. I've been tempted to go to 4.0 because of SDHC but I figured I should come here first and find out what I should do to keep my 3.2 system as new and fresh as possible so I can hold off.

One of the main annoyances I have is that I have to load Animal Crossing from a program in the HBC since the disc channel keeps prompting me for an update (which Pikmin, oddly enough, does not do). Is there a way to get around this or to prevent a disc from upgrading my FW if someone (I'm thinking mainly if a friend turns it on and wants to play) clicks the option?

Or should I follow one of the guides and upgrade to 4.0? I don't really have problems with that route, it's just that I like the options I have now. Although, I heard you can use external HDDs to rip/store games and play from there. Which would be convenient since I like to play Animal Crossing a few times a week but only for short spurts...

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you can use preloader to block disc updates
and the new geckoOs will install the IOS a game needs if you run it (if you disable the previous hack again)
but I think its better to go to 4.0, you'll have everything you need (you can install preloader on 4.0 too) and the SD thingies
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a condition I need my prescriptions this will cause some friction
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ain't no prescription gonna help you. You need a 3 hour counseling session with Leo.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone get his nips rubbed the wrong way
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know we can hug :blush:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm getting tore up on this Killer Clowns game today, frustrating, sorry honey.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could piss salt in your wounds if it would make you feel any better
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, more pain, better the gain. Nuh its cool, I'm not angry at anyone/anything. I just haven't taken my meds yet, let me find my lighter...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can rub those wittle cheeks too if you want
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Aright, pick up some papers on your way over.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Come in for your daily burping
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    im procrastinating so i did almost nothing on the game today
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That ok, I have like 15 games ongoing still, I haven't messed with them in weeks
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Jedi survivor is going to be one of those where the fuck do I go game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My buddy brought his ps3 slim to me yesterday to mod and put in a new hd, and he just called, asking if I'm done yet, like damn, less than 24hrs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It took me like an hour
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @Xdqwerty basically, the trans flag has blue pink and white, as you know
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Been so long since I modded a ps3 I almost forget the process. I know its easy, USB stick and software.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and from that, crystal BLUE meth, jesse PINKman, walter WHITE
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I haven't even got him a new HD yet, lol, have to run tomorrow
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4.89evilnat iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4.9 evilnat out now, but Yea same basically
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, whats evilnat?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: