Star Trek Fan Club

Which Star Trek is best?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might be interested in this video on all of Janeway's worst mistakes.

I still like her though.

LMAO, I remember that video. Also I think the only nearly squeaky clean Starfleet captain we have had is Saru. The guy is fair, yet stern when he needs to be. Even better, he's not afraid to show his nurturing side. It's something we don't see a lot of from the other captains.

Reactions: Lacius

harryazawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i watched star trek in chronilogical order so sometimes i was watching more than one series at the same time. with that I'd be torn apart between next generation and ds9, but ultimately ds9 has such a special place in my heart.

ps: talking about heart, i still think enterprise has/had so much unnecessary hate, it's a fine series imo.

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i watched star trek in chronilogical order so sometimes i was watching more than one series at the same time. with that I'd be torn apart between next generation and ds9, but ultimately ds9 has such a special place in my heart.

ps: talking about heart, i still think enterprise has/had so much unnecessary hate, it's a fine series imo.
I agree with you that Enterprise is underrated. Other than TOS and TAS, which only have a handful of episodes each that I would rewatch, I find each Star Trek series to be good and rewatchable.

Reactions: harryazawa

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TOS: watched it at the grandparents right after "dreaming of jeannie", rarely rewatching
TAS: never seen, and now i can't watch 80s animation anymore, so no nostalgia bonus
TNG: the gold standard, selective rewatching
DS9: hard to swallow at first, but now a fine aged wine, full season rewatching "what i did, was to make cardassia great again"
VOY: soapier version of TNG, selective rewatching
ENT: "hello star wars. i can do prequel too". S4 was awesome though, selective s4 rewatching
DIS: often boring and main character sucks most. but each season had something that made me watch it anyway (s1 mirror universe, s2 capt pike, s3 a new unknown frontier, s4 now it's too late, can't stop anymore)
LOW: comedy version of TNG (includes lots of nostalgia)
SNW: pike is awesome, recasting spock is now okay, rest of the crew is also good, love it

and because some people see it as some kind of trek:
orville: didn't like the combination of actors + comedy as opposed to lower decks

movies:
best movies for me: 4 +8
worst movies: 5 + 10
nu trek (kelvin) is okay
galaxy quest: hilarious

Last edited by mrgone,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree about discovery. I liked season 2 of Picard. I haven't seen snw yet, but sonarr downloaded them. As for enterprise, the first time it was on--I thought it was the worst trek, but now, I really like it. The same is true of ds9, which I actually stopped watching as a kid, but with age comes wisdom, so I now appreciate things I didn't as a kid or young adult.

Reactions: mrgone

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: