i have seen the code.
TheMatrixWallpaper1024.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 checks calendar to confirm it is not April 1st....

we can only hope this thread doesn't go the way of the devo thread and descend into a trolling mess about AP...

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the usage of Wiiflow will drop because this AP won't do anything to ppl with a credible number of games
As the WiiFlow developers you can take it in whatever direction you like. In terms of transparency though as I understand the Devolution coder let people know about AP and there are multiple threads on it.

We are just the consumers of your efforts and while I appreciate all of the hard work to get to this point, not announcing and effectively hiding this change is not so cool IMO. Be open and transparent would be my recommendation.

Also, considering the days I have lost over the past month trying to figure out why my 'large' collection has been black screening (and a number of others have had similar problems) and this new AP feature being hidden and obviously the cause of my and others issues - that is really not cool.

I laid out all the particulars in my original problem posts and I have a feeling someone knew what the real issue was but didn't want to announce it yet. That's super not cool as it wasted a boat load of my time, time that I could have spent getting the blasted wiki working.

Now if I am perceived to be a 'bad-guy' because I have a larger collection than you deem appropriate then it would have been nice to know so I would not have wasted my time. But that's your decision, the code is yours to do as you wish.

However there is a pretty astute crew here and whatever you add for AP will likely be removed by one or more coders who don't agree with your decision and a new branch will probably be created.

I hate wasting time and the hidden AP that was added without any discussion has wasted a lot of my time. Not very happy about that.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Man, OverjoY just wanted to troll a bit with you because of all your games, no normal person got so much :P There is no AP in WiiFlow, if it is slow make sure you dont reload the IOS or so, for me booting is lightning fast currently, no problems at all when using the regular recommend IOS combination.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, OverjoY just wanted to troll a bit with you because of all your games, no normal person got so much :P There is no AP in WiiFlow, if it is slow make sure you dont reload the IOS or so, for me booting is lightning fast currently, no problems at all when using the regular recommend IOS combination.
You guys are killing me :(

Please don't joke like that again.

FWIW r598 seemed to be working fine before I killed it and went back a few hundred revs.

Edit:

I have been playing with your r598 and it black screens on COD Black Ops every time... works on several other though. So there is something still fouling up even though I removed my settings and themes and went back to defaults.

Went back to r523 and it worked fine.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
@BostonBC

Lolz they got you good, put a smile on my face but fook me you got a collection there ain't you, my guess most were obtained via other means than from original discs.

:ph34r:

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
You guys are killing me :(

Please don't joke like that again.

FWIW r598 seemed to be working fine before I killed it and went back a few hundred revs.

Edit:

I have been playing with your r598 and it black screens on COD Black Ops every time... works on several other though. So there is something still fouling up even though I removed my settings and themes and went back to defaults.

Went back to r523 and it worked fine.
Don't forget to set COD Black Ops to IOS250...

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey @[member='bostonBC'], no grudge? BTW, i can imagine with Wiiflow getting bigger and needs to handle lots of stuff, it might be problematic with a large gameslibs setup.. :)

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
lCZyl.jpg

Here's a random code dump when I tried to start an old GB game (using the plugin)

Also r598, when I first started it, played the music but it was in slow motion, like... a demonic voice so I exited and restarted and now the music is fine again ..hmmmmm... weird
Other than that everything else is working great.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Just to check, am I right in assuming that when you compile/set WiiFlow to run with a Hermes or Wanin cIOS, the NAND emulation automatically gets disabled? I know there were certain versions of both that supported SOME sort of NAND emu but I understood only certain software could use them for that.

Also, not cool with the AP joke. It was funny at first but after about 2 or 3 posts you even started getting me worried. You really made [member='bostonbc'] sweat, too. I kinda felt sorry for the poor guy. I actually started contemplating looking through the code for this to help him out (AP in open sourced software is kinda weak anyway). Joking's fine but I'm sure [member='bostonbc'] and I weren't the only ones getting a little antsy about it.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone knows how to make the Wiiflow mod start with IOS 222 instead of 249? I already got this working for cfg but would really like to use Wiiflow, since my Lacie HDD only works with ios 222. I found older versions that start automatically in 222 but those versions don't incorporate emulators and all.
There's this site. They seem to be on top of compiling the updated as they come. I sent you a pm. ;)

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
OMG, why do I do this to myself? Had everything working fine, all covers showing for all plugins etc. And then I decided to update to latest rev, deleted wiiflow.ini and contents of cache folder, and now covers only display for wii, gamecube, and a few gameboy games, and that's it. Checed allpaths and they're correct. Roms are on usb1, and covers are on sd:. I want my covers back!! Help, pleeeease!

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
ROTFLMFAO!! Man I knew there was something funny about that AP thing, soon as I saw a couple of people start jumping in on the fun I kinda figured it they were troll posts but man my heart sunk for BostonBC for a sec lol. Man I could definitely see BostonBC taking the AP move personal, I can't get over it cuz I know he was pissed as shit, no offense in any way bud, u spend a lot of time testing things around here and I thank you for it, it might have been a real f'ed up joke but it was definitely funny ;)
Nop still dont work even if the mp3 are converted to ogg... i don't mind it anyway... :D
Nop still dont work even if the mp3 are converted to ogg... i don't mind it anyway... :D
Sorry yea I made a major dumb move, and was actually using a compiled r574 and thought I was using r590.. yea BG music is gone for now. Sorry to make you go through the extra work lol.
On another note I'm still using r590 and the music is working with Starnight Theme and Source menu r585+. It did not work upon first launch after update but upon reloading cache and restarting wiiflow, the music started to work ( :blink: WTF!?), but it's scratches pretty bad when scrolling through game covers kinda ruining the experience, dunno if that's cuz of the theme or not. Thinking about disabling the music for now, and the music has been working with every launch on r590 so it's not a fluke but it's definitely bugged somewhere :ha:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster