Question "You have insufficient privileges to reply here." on every thread

farias0

Whatever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi! I created my first account on this forum, but I couldn't reply in any thread. Where it was supposed to have a box to write my reply instead there was this message, "You have insufficient privileges to reply here.". I couldn't create a thread or post in someone's profile either. I couldn't find anything on the configurations. I tried to contact the moderation through e-mail but no help came. Then I created other account (this one) and everything is working fine. I wanted to use my first account, what can I do? Thanks for helping.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any way to check on my end, but did you verify your account with the link that should have been sent via email for your farias account? Likewise, did you do the same for this account, farias0? It would seem likely that the first account wasn't verified, which would prevent you from posting.

farias0

Whatever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't have any way to check on my end, but did you verify your account with the link that should have been sent via email for your farias account? Likewise, did you do the same for this account, farias0? It would seem likely that the first account wasn't verified, which would prevent you from posting.

I didn't verify any of the accounts through e-mail, because neither received a confirmation e-mail. I just checked my inbox to be sure. I tried to find any option on the configurations to re-send the confirmation e-mail, hoping this time it may arrive, but I couldn't find any option too. Is there anything you can do in there? Thanks

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't verify any of the accounts through e-mail, because neither received a confirmation e-mail. I just checked my inbox to be sure. I tried to find any option on the configurations to re-send the confirmation e-mail, hoping this time it may arrive, but I couldn't find any option too. Is there anything you can do in there? Thanks
Check your spam

elsita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah, I'm currently using this new account, so it's not like I can't access GBATemp at all, but I really liked my old username.

Hi, I have had the same problem with my account for several weeks, but I have just entered it and asked for resend confirmation and it has arrived instantly, now I can post, try it now with your first account, they must have temporal problems with the servers.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi, I have had the same problem with my account for several weeks, but I have just entered it and asked for resend confirmation and it has arrived instantly, now I can post, try it now with your first account, they must have temporal problems with the servers.
Dude, thread is 3 years old, by now who even cares about his original account?:P He hasn't even been on in 2 years, so don't necrobump for no reason, check the rules to make sure you don't do anything similar because the forums are already clogged enough from resurging threads: https://gbatemp.net/help/terms

elsita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I checked that, but I arrived here looking for help from google, so I thought it was a good idea to update the info.

Sorry if i broke any rule, I was trying to help others doing what I did: googling for a solution

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I checked that, but I arrived here looking for help from google, so I thought it was a good idea to update the info.

Sorry if i broke any rule, I was trying to help others doing what I did: googling for a solution
Didn't break a rule or anything, just it's something you should avoid doing because it buries other threads that could be more important. Anyway, let's leave this thread to die now and get buried.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@ThoD people in the future might stumble upon this thread and can benefit from it.
Bumping it for that reason is not rulebreaking, nor frowned upon.

Imho, people should do that way more often.

Hello @elsita I'll get you in contact with a Supervisor who can possibly help you with this.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@ThoD people in the future might stumble upon this thread and can benefit from it.
Bumping it for that reason is not rulebreaking, nor frowned upon.

Imho, people should do that way more often.

Hello @elsita I'll get you in contact with a Supervisor who can possibly help you with this.
He already solved the issue and it was for the same reason as @Sicklyboy said, the account wasn't verified, so it's not exactly a contribution you know...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work