AK2i Update for DSi 1.4

EcoSport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EcoSport said:
qUaK3R, I bought my acekard 2i at http://www.realhotstuff.com/. I talked to them directly before I bought it, and they said that they have already updated all of the acekard 2i's that they sell so they work with the 1.4 firmware. I only have a DSLite, so I cannot confirm, but give them a call...they have very quick shipping, and are helpful. If they said they updated the cart, I bet they did...they also accept returns for 30 days. Best of all, they speak English (they are in New Jersey). I might be getting a DSi soon. If I do, I will write back if my acekard works or not. Oh yeah, and I run AKAIO, and it says I have HW 81, so I guess that means it's a real acekard 2i, not a fake.
I just got a DSi, and put in my Acekard 2i that I bought from RealHotStuff, and it worked right away...with the Danny Phantom icon, of course. RealHotStuff did update the card before sending it to me.

-

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
EcoSport said:
I just got a DSi, and put in my Acekard 2i that I bought from RealHotStuff, and it worked right away...with the Danny Phantom icon, of course. RealHotStuff did update the card before sending it to me.

Does Shoptemp do the same?
btw I just bought a DSi LL and can't use my Acekard cuz i can't find a DS Lite to update it
frown.gif

EcoSport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know about Shoptemp. RealHotStuff definitely does update their AK2i's to Danny cards, and it's only $3 more with free shipping (you'd probably spend more than $3 shipping it from Shoptemp.

Death HUG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help! I downloaded and everything but it won't work it just kept telling me to update over and over. Then when it was updating for the 7th time my brother turned it off so now it won't work on the ds or the dsi! Oh and its Acekard2i....

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Death HUG said:
Help! I downloaded and everything but it won't work it just kept telling me to update over and over. Then when it was updating for the 7th time my brother turned it off so now it won't work on the ds or the dsi! Oh and its Acekard2i....
Sounds like you'r card is bricked and it better be an AK2i, that's what this thread is for lol. In order to fix it, find another flashcard to use and and execute the DSL update on it. It will ask you to eject the card and put in an Acekard. Put in your bricked AK2i and press whatever button to start the update. Update it ONCE and put it back in your DSi.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Death HUG said:

The DSLite version of the updater is a "batch version" it's made to update acekard2i without quitting, so of course, it will always ask to press a button to upgrade even after it's completed.

When it's done once and ask you again to upgrade, you just turn off your DS and try your ak2i on DSi...

Here, you certainly misflashed your ak2i by shutting down while it was upgrading.

You now need another flashcart to run this soft and fix your ak2i.

Death HUG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
Death HUG said:
Sounds like you'r card is bricked and it better be an AK2i, that's what this thread is for lol. In order to fix it, find another flashcard to use and and execute the DSL update on it. It will ask you to eject the card and put in an Acekard. Put in your bricked AK2i and press whatever button to start the update. Update it ONCE and put it back in your DSi.

Thank you very much! >.< It worked ^-^

Pont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK guys I hope someone can help me out here cause its got me stuck. I have a 4 DSi's one is running 1.4.1 (thats what it says) then I got 2 that are on 1.4 one new in box one not. Then I got a new in box 1.3 system. Since I could not get them to work I did some reading and saw that I need to update them to (I do have the AK2i's) 1.4 as well. So I did using the 1.3 system and all was good. Then today I get the An error has occurred. So first thing I do is format the SD card (PNY 8 gig micro) fat32 with the SDformatter v2.0 and put AKAIO 1.8.1 back on it and still same error. I can put it in the 1.3 system and it works fine put it in a 1.4 gives the error. Still shows the danny Phantom. Any idea what I need to do to get this going. Also I have more than one AK2i all of them do and say the samething.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You really need to learn how to research better. You update the AK2i to the latest firmware, not the DSi (update the DSi after updating the AK2i).

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pont said:
OK guys I hope someone can help me out here cause its got me stuck. I have a 4 DSi's one is running 1.4.1 (thats what it says) then I got 2 that are on 1.4 one new in box one not. Then I got a new in box 1.3 system. Since I could not get them to work I did some reading and saw that I need to update them to (I do have the AK2i's) 1.4 as well. So I did using the 1.3 system and all was good. Then today I get the An error has occurred. So first thing I do is format the SD card (PNY 8 gig micro) fat32 with the SDformatter v2.0 and put AKAIO 1.8.1 back on it and still same error. I can put it in the 1.3 system and it works fine put it in a 1.4 gives the error. Still shows the danny Phantom. Any idea what I need to do to get this going. Also I have more than one AK2i all of them do and say the samething.

The problem is you're using an outdated firmware.
You should reflash your Acekard 2is to 1.4.1 using this, afterwards their icon on a DSi will appear as Alex Rider (
alex.png
).

http://www.mediafire.com/?i5iacikw9nbpei5
http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...your-acekard#11

Pont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
You really need to learn how to research better. You update the AK2i to the latest firmware, not the DSi (update the DSi after updating the AK2i).

the 2 I had I updated before I even got the AK2i's one was updated out of the box so I did not update it anyway. I still have the one running 1.3 which will stay that just in case I need the 1.3 for anything.

RupeeClock said:
QUOTE(Pont @ Dec 24 2010, 03:55 AM) OK guys I hope someone can help me out here cause its got me stuck. I have a 4 DSi's one is running 1.4.1 (thats what it says) then I got 2 that are on 1.4 one new in box one not. Then I got a new in box 1.3 system. Since I could not get them to work I did some reading and saw that I need to update them to (I do have the AK2i's) 1.4 as well. So I did using the 1.3 system and all was good. Then today I get the An error has occurred. So first thing I do is format the SD card (PNY 8 gig micro) fat32 with the SDformatter v2.0 and put AKAIO 1.8.1 back on it and still same error. I can put it in the 1.3 system and it works fine put it in a 1.4 gives the error. Still shows the danny Phantom. Any idea what I need to do to get this going. Also I have more than one AK2i all of them do and say the samething.

The problem is you're using an outdated firmware.
You should reflash your Acekard 2is to 1.4.1 using this, afterwards their icon on a DSi will appear as Alex Rider (
alex.png
).

http://www.mediafire.com/?i5iacikw9nbpei5
http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...your-acekard#11

Thank you I used the 1.3 DSi to update the cards and they work just fine again once again thank you.

Pont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BloodyFlame said:
Well if it worked after you did that, that means you didn't update the Acekard's Firmware.

I updated it to the danny Phantom 1.4 not the current 1.4.1 Which is the Alex Rider Stormbreaker When I did the google search for the error it kept giving me the 1.4 firmware. never seen the 1.4.1. once again thanks for the help

Zombie_slag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work with 1.4.5u? I get the danny phantom icon, then:

"An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

Not sure my hardware version.

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work with 1.4.5u? I get the danny phantom icon, then:

"An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

Not sure my hardware version.

The AceKard is dead. It ran out of space to put updates on so it will never support 1.4.5

Also, why this thread? There must be some newer AK threads that would've answered your question

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch