da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OP is an idiot. veterans are giving you logical explanations for why the information you have posted here is obsolete (aka GET A BETTER FLASHKART), and frankly we don't care that ur posting alternatives for clones or w/e the hell ur doing. gtfo fanboy.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Geezus, when I saw the thread title & OP's nick, I thought sh*t! another Aussie letting us all down. Good news for us, we're not the only country with one-eyed R4 (and its clones) fanboys with a total lack of any reasonable logic and intelligence.

ozzymud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you even bother reading the 1st post? The title DOES get your attention... but this aint a fanboy topic, it's one of data collection (there is a lot of info in the 1st post) and the knoffs aint going away any time soon it appears.

Even JPH is fanning the R4 knockoff market... http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=107170, do you really want people buying these carts without having one place to get info about em?

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ozzymud said:
Did you even bother reading the 1st post? The title DOES get your attention... but this aint a fanboy topic
Well, I did actually, but then I jumped to the end...did I miss anything?
Just in case you've forgotten what YOU said in the highly acclaimed 1st post: "I purchased an R4-III from r4dusa.com
It was payed for with paypal and shipped fast. They are based in southern California and the support is good (I had also bought a "Fat Error" Acekard2 from them and dealing with "Anthony Peccon" has been ok so far)

I've had the R4-III for quite some time now, it's hardware is definately an "upgrade", it does support 4GB SDHC.
It appears to be updated often at http://www.r4dsl.net/index-en.asp with the last update being to v3.03 on 9/11/2008. It does everthing listed and has given my 3 year old no issues to date. I have had it in all 4 of our DSs at one time or another and none have came away bricked (used it to put FlashMe on all we own)" = R4/clone/fake (call it what you will) Fanboy Bugger me if you're not "selling" its worth here!
QUOTE(ozzymud @ Sep 30 2008, 01:38 AM) do you really want people buying these carts without having one place to get info about em?
No, I don't want people buying them and, if they do F'em! If people are still buying an R4/clone cart, they deserve to be ignored and learn to live with their own mistakes. My "gut feel" is that you are hoping to continue/build the R4 clone market to help elongate the life of your R4-III, either that or you're a reseller of such carts.

ozzymud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently you have missed that LOTS of people are still buying knockoffs, and all the "mine is better" then yours and "You will spend your money as *I* see fit or you suck" mentality aint gonna stop em.

The "life" of my III? that will be as long as my 3 year old doesn't come to me wanting to play a game i cant fix/patch to work on it. I def aint throuwing it out as I personally believe the only knockoff that MASS bricked peopls DS was the N5.

Will I buy another? nope

I am not a dealer or programmer, just a consumer/hobbyist, I will buy some of the other clones just to play with and gather more info if i dont find enough info on the net that doesnt look like dribble (OMG it r fake! it will brick ur DS!).

There are LOTS of people who own a knockoff R4 and DO fanboy it enough in this and other forums that others WILL buy em. Several vendors reccomended by GBAtemp sell these knockoffs right beside the accepted normal carts.

So flames aside, i will keep reading what there is to read about the knockoffs, and helping those who did buy one.

lunacy123456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your people are complete morons, read the whole thread and grasp its meaning before you decide to comment.

I also own an original R4 but have switched to DSTT because the R4 original is dead.

However I am tempted to get an R4 clone because I like the original R4 GUI and that it supports SDHC.

Those are the two things that make me want to get a clone.

What I'm worried about is the supports for the clones.

Since some games the R4 can't play but the clones can, it seem there are some supports and not just your basic clone. So in the meantime, if more updates are being released for the clones, I would eventually buy one, clone or not if it have good supports.

ozzymud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldnt /count/ on support, the N5 does somehow seem to be adding support that the R4 didnt have, but then there is the whole N5 sdslot pins bricking(blowing a fuse) on your DS... the R4-III, ND1, NPlayer use the same type of firmware as the N5 (N5 releases theirs 1st then the rest follow).

the _DS_MENU.DAT does seem to be just a hex edited R4 kernel (more then the name bits)... but there is another file in these firmwares that does continue to grow in size and on the 2 i own do fix issues.

Just do NOT expect true SDHC support, all i have tried corrupt when filled over the 4GB mark.

Salami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THe R4SDHC works with a 16GB card but its cheaper to buy 4x 4GB

From what I know the old R4 card was white but the new one is now black.It works very well and Im using v1.23 and the 16GB card works perfectly.

ozzymud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you actually filled the R4SDHC over the 4GB mark? the R4-III and ND1 both corrupt when filled over 4GB on my 8GB card.

nathan38401

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the r4-iii. have had it for several months now. i absolutly love it. no problems with it and would recommend it to anyone.
the problems with these forums is all the ignorant people who bash a card that they know nothing about. i have seen this same topic with the same responces in other forums.

if you dont have the r4-iii dont tell me that it does not work or that it will brick my ds. it does work and after months of use my ds still works.

exactly how long do you clones think that it will take for it to brick my ds.

anyway latest firmware is 3.06 released on november 6th 2008, so there goes the argument that support for it will die with the death of the real r4. rumor is that the r4-iii was created by the same developers that created the real r4 when they left the company they used the name r4-iii to get the attention of people. do not know if there is any truth to this or not but have read in more than one forum.

so to anyone looking for a good flash cart that simply plays nds games without patching, runs emulators without patching, works with moonshell 1.7 then this is a choice i would recommend. it does have built in cheat support, and gba loader. it does not have built in slow motion but i dont need or want that anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Did you soak them B4 hand?