digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds to me like all that was done is an alteration to the original wad installer to point to cioscorp directory instead of wad directory. I'll wait to promote use of an installer until we have one we can legally distribute that patches ios off of N's servers.... (i.e. wiicrazy's or was it wiipowers installer) No offense icefire, but whats the point in an installer we can't legally link to as it still required the illegal code containing modded IOS. I.e. we still have to distribute the .wad files with this to use it.
Honestly if we are just using a wad program to mass install wads i still feel it safer to use wadmanager to install them one at a time. at least that way you have some control over which IOS has been overwritten and which hasn't, and can quickly install an original if something goes wrong with the install.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
hey it works and atleast now we can add it to our apps folder on SD, and have corp in a seperate folder to our other wads...

nice goin icefire mate..

btw...do you have the graphic from the banner to hand..so i can whip up a quick .xml n banner for HBC??

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't feel like searching the 99 page thread it has become, but we had an installer over a week ago that did the same thing only with a folder named cios. Not detracting from the work your doing Icefire... just don't see any reason to re-invent the wheel unless it has new features, heh.

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heh heh...never read that thread
tongue.gif
. Well this one is mine so automatically better
tongue.gif

New version posted in the front page with better looking installation process.

20clarky08: banner is from http://bannerbreak.com/banner-maker/alien
smile.gif

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is true anything with your own name on it is automatically better than someone elses name
smile.gif

Back to working on the stupid region free disc channel... i keep getting distracted by the damn forums
tongue.gif

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all i need is cIOS wad and cioscorp.dol and im good to go?
i got these cIOS wad 9,11,12,13,14,15,17,20,21,22,28,30,31,33,34,35,36,and cIOSbugfix 37,38,53,55. is that all the cIOS i need or im missing any?

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill try this on friday when i get my wii from the big N
biggrin.gif
so thats what the UPS tracking says.

quick Q which one should i install starfall or preloader?

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Buby read the thread and do your own math. I have preloader installed myself though.

Good work IceFire... just hope it is safe... make sure you put your helmets on guys!
wink.gif

lecture.gif

Kids.. you really shouldn't try this at home... your parents will ground you for a month if something goes wrong!

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
buby78 said:
ill try this on friday when i get my wii from the big N
biggrin.gif
so thats what the UPS tracking says.

quick Q which one should i install starfall or preloader?
I would go with starfall. To me, preloader is only beneficial if you don't have TPHack, but that is now not an issue because if you install CIOSCORP you can just use a backup of Twilight Princess with starfall. Also, preloader slows things down, at least it did for me. It made it so that exiting a channel or going to Wii Menu from a game would take like 5 seconds to load the menu. Maybe this was just with me, and you can try it out for yourself, but if I were you I would wait until a better preloader is released, or just stick with Starfall.

theotherfreakygu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plus, if you install starfall and then CIOSCORP, you can just burn a semi-brick disc fix and boot the wii while holding Y on the gamecube controller, or if you get a banner brick you can do the same thing with a WAD Manager disc. And starfall will also prevent system updates, which will prevent a lot of bricks too.

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I suggest preloader myself because short of an IOS30 deletion you dont have to worry about anything. you can always just load into HBC and fix any problems, no need for a gamecube controller, no need for TP or an autoboot disc, and no need for your system menu to be able to load far enough to institute the recovery option.

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so preloader is the way to go then. my lil bro bricked my wii by changing my system menu. so if this happens again preloader can save my wii?
unsure.gif

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't ironmask show that you could
recover from a brick with just
Cioscorp and a gc control in port 4.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
i am gonna get round to installing pre-loader atleast for a look at its abilities first hand..however i've just put a new MAC in my modem and am eerr....abusing the groups :-) lol

so am abit pre-occupied right now wipin out the bandwidth for my street probably lol

now we know what we know however...is there any point in using it since we can recover with out it??

apart from been able to boot a .dol/HBC which i have no need for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: