Hacking CIOSCORP Installer

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:
Actually, you just need CIOSCORP and a autoboot wad manger, not even starfall or a GC pad or a savemii.

not true, bricks can be bad enough where an autoboot disc will only work from recovery menu, and this would be the same with cIOScorp.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like I'm gonna have to CIOSCORP. I don't really understand what it is. But If it'll help w/ brick proofing, I'm in
tongue.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope....the wii reads an "autoboot disc" (our words) as an "diagnostic disc"....on a system that is not patched with a starfall/preloader patch specifically addressing this, that is the ONLY type of disc the recovery menu will load, but the disc-type itself can be read by both the recovery and the main menu. If you have a very bad banner brick, you can't get far enough for the disc to load with the regular menu, and so the recovery menu must be used....therefore you should always have some means to access it....but any will do, Y-Button Patch, Savemiifrii, SaveMii....IronMask said he used savemiifrii....had he not tried that and just put the disc in, I doubt it would have loaded, but I wont ask him to go back in that same sitch and test it out.

and of course, preloader has made that whole method of recovery pretty obsolete anyway, it just so happened that in his situation he did not have preloader....after the scary black screen he was near-SOL.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just reread ironmasks post and to me it sounds like he took his system down to just Cioscorp. He uninstalled preloader / starfall. With no other recovery programs he was able to replicate how he saved his wii.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
savemiifrii is the GC-controller recovery method, it isnt a program. he stated he put it in slot 4 and pushed all directions, that is the savemiifrii method of recovery.

there are exactly 4 known ways to access recovery menu
-Starfall patch
-SaveMii Dongle
-SaveMiiFrii (GC controller trigger)
-Illvelo glitch (GC controller glitch)

in addition I have gotten there...
-once from "uninstalling a cIOS" randomly
-twice from exiting HBC 1.0

and I believe WiiCrazy made a program that specifically loads it (but wouldn't serve a specific recovery purpose because it has to be intentionally ran, which would mean you already arent pwned *though neither would the Illvelo glitch)

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the best thing about it is that what ironmask did was give a perfect account of how to mess with system menu type stuff, and do a recovery.

in his situation, his options were limited, had he not had cIOScorp installed, he would have had to get a chip and do the same steps (autoboot disc burnt, savemiifrii to launch it)

but cIOScorp gave him enough of the benefit of a chip, native backup loading, and so he could nake it back without a chip.

the steps for true recovery havent really changed, the toolset has just expanded to no longer require chipping.

CharAznable

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I just used this. It seems to work fine, but...when I was installing, I had errors installing the last 3 cIOS'es. CIOSBUGFIX38, 53, and 55. The errors were, in order, -1 for 38, -1014 on 53, and -1017 on 55.

Should I try to install these 3 cIOSes manually, or just not worry about them? I mean, my Wii's not bricked or anything, and almost all NTSC-U stuff I tried loading from the system menu works fine.

CharAznable

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thanks. Guess I just won't worry about them for now.

But, just so I know, would it be safe to try to install them at a later date through something like Waninkoko's WAD Manager?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:
Yep, just don't uninstall first.

Why they didn't install? No idea, sorry
frown.gif

More than likely he has newer versions already in his system titles he will need to use anytitle deleter and remove the 38, 53, and 55 manually, I'd say that would solve his problem. But i'm only guessing

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only IOS dangerous to remove (on 3.2) is 30. you can remove the rest to your hearts content and your wii will still boot, just most of your games wont load.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Everybody who's used this installer (three people maybe?
unsure.gif
), did you install preloader and starfall before or after you installed this? That's the one thing I can't find...

Good luck Mrk!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 2 hours on this file transfer lol