Error while trying to update to 64GB sd card

Axlfox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to upgrade from 32 to 64GB microSD but nothing I do seems to make it work!
I've followed every instruction: format to Fat32, set to 32kb, set to 64kb, on Partition Wizard, on Guiformat, pasted old sd contents directly onto it, but nothing!

At first, the 3DS would simply start on SysNAND and not recognize the SD card at all, then when I formated the SD card using guiformat, Im now greeted with an arm11 crash (yes my Luma is up to date) Im not sure what I'm doing wrong!

Additional Notes:
  • I use Luma EmuNAND (I dont play DSi games so I never made the switch to SysNAND)
  • SD card is SanDisk Ultra
  • DS card works just fine on PC and Switch

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm trying to upgrade from 32 to 64GB microSD but nothing I do seems to make it work!
I've followed every instruction: format to Fat32, set to 32kb, set to 64kb, on Partition Wizard, on Guiformat, pasted old sd contents directly onto it, but nothing!

At first, the 3DS would simply start on SysNAND and not recognize the SD card at all, then when I formated the SD card using guiformat, Im now greeted with an arm11 crash (yes my Luma is up to date) Im not sure what I'm doing wrong!

Additional Notes:
  • I use Luma EmuNAND (I dont play DSi games so I never made the switch to SysNAND)
  • SD card is SanDisk Ultra
  • DS card works just fine on PC and Switch
Its because when you copy from one sd card to the other the Emunand partition is not copied over. There was a program for PCs that could copy the emunand partition over as well but I can't remember what it's called because nobody has had any need for it for many years as emunand is not recommended anymore.

Reactions: godreborn

Axlfox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its because when you copy from one sd card to the other the Emunand partition is not copied over. There was a program for PCs that could copy the emunand partition over as well but I can't remember what it's called because nobody has had any need for it for many years as emunand is not recommended anymore.
So do would it be a matter of like... switch to SysNAND on my old SD card so I can THEN copy the files to the new card?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So do would it be a matter of like... switch to SysNAND on my old SD card so I can THEN copy the files to the new card?
Yes much easier and better to just move the emunand to the 3ds following the 3ds hacks guide posted above

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Worse.