Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now we just need a channel, so we can bypass the Homebrew channel. Also GH4 drums are wireless right? So there's no way to trick it into using the RB set?

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sstew said:
Now we just need a channel, so we can bypass the Homebrew channel. Also GH4 drums are wireless right? So there's no way to trick it into using the RB set?

I had planned on making a channel for SFenton when he was making it. I made the music and the images.

I know how to make a channel and I would, but my wad packer doesn't pack right on my stupid,crappy computer (you get an error in the wad manager).

If some one could make one, I'll send the the images and the sound.bin.

Edit: Modifying the images so it says "Launcher: Arm the Homeless" and "Powered by Soft-Chip"

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
(Sorry, I know this is a little off topic)

Quick Question, I see some channels (like the gamma channel) that don't use 112x32pixles in the banner.

The banner tutorial says you must, what are they doing different?

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly you don't have to credit me with SoftChip.
I only changed one line in includes/SoftChip.h to make it use IOS232.

And we were discussing the cIOS Installer on the IRC, I had one compiled (changed 3 lines, 1 for input IOS is IOS37, 1 for input version is 2070 and 1 to specify the ending title) but that was depreciated by WiiPower's Multi cIOS Installer. Now we're kinda talking about getting the patches to work on IOS37 instead of IOS36 so Trucha disks should work.

Speaking of that, do Rock Band custom versions (or any trucha signed disk, for that matter) load with the IOS232?

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Arm the Homeless said:
Honestly you don't have to credit me with SoftChip.
I only changed one line in includes/SoftChip.h to make it use IOS232.

And we were discussing the cIOS Installer on the IRC, I had one compiled (changed 3 lines, 1 for input IOS is IOS37, 1 for input version is 2070 and 1 to specify the ending title) but that was depreciated by WiiPower's Multi cIOS Installer. Now we're kinda talking about getting the patches to work on IOS37 instead of IOS36 so Trucha disks should work.

Speaking of that, do Rock Band custom versions (or any trucha signed disk, for that matter) load with the IOS232?
You sure? Then should I put "Launcher: Soft-Chip"? I could put "Launcher: Soft-Chip Team and Arm the Homeless"

I have a custom Guitar Hero Disc, that's trucha signed right? I just have to re-burn it so it's not decrypted.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just burning the Trucha Disc, I'll test when it's done.

As for the banner...
"Launcher: Soft-Chip Team"
"IOS232 Code Snippet: Arm the Homeless"
"Banner Images and Music: Mrkinator"

Is that okay?
tongue.gif

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
I'm just burning the Trucha Disc, I'll test when it's done.

As for the banner...
"Launcher: Soft-Chip Team"
"IOS232 Code Snippet: Arm the Homeless"
"Banner Images and Music: Mrkinator"

Is that okay?
tongue.gif

The Trucha Disc should work fine if you haven't changed anything (aka just burned it like a backup but ran it through Trucha). If you are putting a custom song in the game, just make sure you are using a .mogg file and replace the charts. Unlike PS2 customs, the Wii's video will freeze but the song will continue if the song you put in is longer than the song you replaced.
Also, as an interesting tidbit of information... as you can replace the videos in Rock Band Wii, you should be able to have music videos in the background if you do not like the preset videos (think SingStar or some versions of DDR).

Great work, AtH and Mrkinator!
-Fenton

yaypsp.gif

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
syst3merror said:
so is this ONLY for rock band? or will this work for other games too?
No. It's not only for Rock Band. Most (if not all) other games should work.
It's just that IOS37 has the drivers for the USB instruments and IOS36 doesn't.

@Mrkinator
Yes. That's fine.
tongue.gif

@SFenton
Why we think Trucha-signed things won't work is because all this is doing is taking the normal IOS37 and putting the Gamma DIP Plugin inside of it.
So we didn't put in any signing patches or anything, so they probably won't work.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
syst3merror said:
so is this ONLY for rock band? or will this work for other games too?
No. It's not only for Rock Band. Most (if not all) other games should work.
It's just that IOS37 has the drivers for the USB instruments and IOS36 doesn't.

@Mrkinator
Yes. That's fine.
tongue.gif

@SFenton
Why we think Trucha-signed things won't work is because all this is doing is taking the normal IOS37 and putting the Gamma DIP Plugin inside of it.
So we didn't put in any signing patches or anything, so they probably won't work.

I see. So this will run a direct boot of a backup Rock Band... but as Trucha Signed discs cannot run on 3.3, this won't help customs. Hmm. I guess you never know until you try, though...
I'll definitely try when I get mah Wii back. As you didn't put in any signing patches... well, that actually sounds entirely feasable (not that it will come out soon, though).

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SFenton said:
I see. So this will run a direct boot of a backup Rock Band... but as Trucha Signed discs cannot run on 3.3, this won't help customs. Hmm. I guess you never know until you try, though...
I'll definitely try when I get mah Wii back. As you didn't put in any signing patches... well, that actually sounds entirely feasable (not that it will come out soon, though).
I've got a GH Custom disc and those are trucha signed, right? It worked on Wiigator Beta 3 (that was the last time I played it)

So shouldn't Rock Band Customs?

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, one last stupid question then.....
I had read somewhere that softchip loader only works with "decrypted" discs and not 1:1, is this the case with this one? Will this play all 1:1 backups?

Sorry for the stupid question but I will be using this exclusively over Wiigators Gamma if this works just as well with 1:1 backups.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mrkinator said:
SFenton said:
I've got a GH Custom disc and those are trucha signed, right? It worked on Wiigator Beta 3 (that was the last time I played it)

This IOS/loader combination uses IOS37 while the beta loader used IOS36. In IOS37 the trucha bug should be fixed.

QUOTE(syst3merror @ Nov 23 2008, 09:34 PM)
ok, one last stupid question then.....
I had read somewhere that softchip loader only works with "decrypted" discs and not 1:1, is this the case with this one? Will this play all 1:1 backups?

Sorry for the stupid question but I will be using this exclusively over Wiigators Gamma if this works just as well with 1:1 backups.

All SoftChip versions load only 1:1 copies, you got false information.

A Gamma loader which uses IOS232 should work with this cIOS, too.

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
requiem4d said:
SoftChip has never supported decrypted discs, and probably will never. 1:1 backups work.

thanks, just go to show that other website don't know what they are talking about! lol
Does kind of stink thought that it won't do both because the first games that I burnt were decrypted because that is all the first loaders would read.
frown.gif

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
Mrkinator said:
SFenton said:

This IOS/loader combination uses IOS37 while the beta loader used IOS36. In IOS37 the trucha bug should be fixed.
Ah, I see, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo