Hacking New small Windows GUI for WFBS with advanced fetures

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PrixM said:
Now i added something that should do the Job.
If you still want this feature exact like you posted it i´ll make it.

Very generous of you! But that's okay, don't make it just for me.. I just tested out the new 1.2 version and WOW! You're a quick learner with code.
smile.gif
This is much more polished then the version I had been using, quicker updates from the external wbfs_win.exe application, seems to move the ISOs faster as well. Great job! It even automatically picked the USB drive when I plugged it in, no errors at startup without it there, then as soon as it came to life it was auto-selected, nice! One thing I did notice, if you stop the transfer the app has a bit of a hard time killing off the wbfs_win.exe process and recovering when that app is force quit. But that's pretty understandable, and otherwise fantastic!

One feature that would give you a HUGE edge over the others....... Modify that channel loader if you can, and add a forwarder feature... Allow the user to input their OWN path to the boot.dol executable so that they could make multiple forwarder channels if they'd like to use a loader with their own path. Not sure if that would be hugely difficult to do from making channels of the games, but it would be extremely slick and people would be all over it.
biggrin.gif

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PrixM,

How about adding a future to merge two partitions? Is it possible? Like in my case I have a FAT32 and a wbfs, so I would like to format my FAT32 partition to wbfs and merge the two without having to dump all the games. Thanks.

bula

PrixM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
HaTaX said:
Very generous of you! But that's okay, don't make it just for me.. I just tested out the new 1.2 version and WOW! You're a quick learner with code.
smile.gif
This is much more polished then the version I had been using, quicker updates from the external wbfs_win.exe application, seems to move the ISOs faster as well. Great job! It even automatically picked the USB drive when I plugged it in, no errors at startup without it there, then as soon as it came to life it was auto-selected, nice! One thing I did notice, if you stop the transfer the app has a bit of a hard time killing off the wbfs_win.exe process and recovering when that app is force quit. But that's pretty understandable, and otherwise fantastic!

One feature that would give you a HUGE edge over the others....... Modify that channel loader if you can, and add a forwarder feature... Allow the user to input their OWN path to the boot.dol executable so that they could make multiple forwarder channels if they'd like to use a loader with their own path. Not sure if that would be hugely difficult to do from making channels of the games, but it would be extremely slick and people would be all over it.
biggrin.gif

I try to speed up the Termination prozess.
Puhh never tryed to create any soft for the WII ?
Maybe it´s possible to rewrite some loader but at the moment i try to put some nice new fetures to the GUI
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(bula @ Apr 18 2009, 02:07 PM) PrixM,

How about adding a future to merge two partitions? Is it possible? Like in my case I have a FAT32 and a wbfs, so I would like to format my FAT32 partition to wbfs and merge the two without having to dump all the games. Thanks.

bula

This may be possible ?
But i´m not sure i can do such things
unsure.gif

I found an BUG in the Cover download function
If the cover isn´t online the programm creates an empty png < 1K
Will fix that in the next version

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
short question. does your gui better said the version of wbfs copy the update partition as well? i mean does it make a full copy of the iso or just the gamepartition like usb loader made it before 1.5?

PrixM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Screemer said:
short question. does your gui better said the version of wbfs copy the update partition as well? i mean does it make a full copy of the iso or just the gamepartition like usb loader made it before 1.5?

Only the gamepartition !

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
could you give the option to copy the whole game including all of it's partition? i would like to use my wbfs hdd for backing up my complete disc and reburn them if i need to.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. I remember when the USB loader first came out. People stated that it's best to load complete unaltered ISO. I was wondering if that change. Could I load Scrubb games now? Not ISO that have been patched, just scrubbed ones?

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you could have used scrubbed isos all the time since usb loaders first release. copying to a wbfs partition does nothing else than "scrubbing" the iso and emptying the update partition.

PrixM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Screemer said:
could you give the option to copy the whole game including all of it's partition? i would like to use my wbfs hdd for backing up my complete disc and reburn them if i need to.

I think i could do this.
But at the moment i´m i have to write some other code.
Maybe i can do it Tuesday

EDIT
Did it now.
New version is online
But at the moment estimatd size is only for the Gamepartition.
(I forgot to change this but it will be fixed in next version)
Disable "Only Gamepartition" in "Add Settings" Menu to add all Partitions

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
PrixM said:
Added new version
Now with Drag & Drop and fixed some small bugs

Megaupload ---> This service is temporarily not available from your service area.

I really hate Megaupload !!!!
mad.gif

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
very nice gui.
being the first one (I think) offering the possibility to save the full CD I guess I will do some extensive testing.

a few comments..
1. do you think you could make your gui resizeable ? at least vertically so we can choose the size of our lists...
2. add a sorting option to the WBFS list (like you did for the iso)
3. on the layout... it is my perception that you should order the columns the same way on both USB drive and ISO's
4. I know you have added a not on USB button. but what about adding a column with an icon or any type of information (then we could also sort using this)
5. I did not check were you are grabbing the covers. but if you are theotherzone they added an option on their php script to define the size.. maybe you can include an option for that.
6. more and more people are using the titles.txt file to have a better naming of their game instead of renaming it in the ISO or in the WBFS.. do you think it would be possible to include an option for that ?
7. do you think your apps could do my coffee ? 'cause I am in desperate need !! lol

sorry that's a lot for a request... lol
but in fact it is more comments than request
this is a neat gui you did. one of my top 3...

R

ps : i love the "hidden log window" but what about the drop down list containing the drivelist ?

RS mirror (no download limit) : PrixMguiv1.1.4.rar

edit : one of my top 2 ! seriously your app is neat

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
export the game list as a text file would be a useful feature in my eyes. another coder added direct dvd -> wbfs ripping of already backed up games. do you think you could integrate this as well?

could someone explain this feature?
Export/Add CISO (Orginaly by Hermes)

i guess it's something about compressed iso? but how are those compressed isos stored? i loaded hermes loader and took a look in its readme but i don't get it. can i simply burn ciso files to a dvd-r or what ever i want to or do i have to 'extract' them using a certain tool?

i found some infos about cso fileformat but it was all about psp umd images. is it the same file format but applied to wii discs?

PrixM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To redia
Thanks and i love new ideas and wishes
smile.gif

1. Next version
2. Next Version
3. Good Idea but USB has no Filename
unsure.gif

4. Next Version
5. Let me think ? Next version
6. Sure i can Next Version
7. Not possible but do you like Tea
rolleyes.gif

The hidden logwindow is for my testings.
The second drivelist is for automatic drive detection.
I could do this with api´s but thats good enought

For me Rapidshare is a Problem (only 10 Times download)

To Screemer
CISOS is a 1.1 copy of the file on the USB Device.
So in CISO you only have the existing partitions extracted from the ISO
Example: Hamster Heroes ISO 4,37G CISO or on USB (with Gamepartition) 0,05G CISO or on USB (with All Partitions) 0,06G

DVD to USB ???
I´m not sure i can do this but i will try.
Maybe i do it in my GUI and not with a new wbfs_win.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
PrixM said:
To redia
Thanks and i love new ideas and wishes
smile.gif

1. Next version
2. Next Version
3. Good Idea but USB has no Filename
unsure.gif

4. Next Version
5. Let me think ? Next version
6. Sure i can Next Version
7. Not possible but do you like Tea
rolleyes.gif

The hidden logwindow is for my testings.
The second drivelist is for automatic drive detection.
I could do this with api´s but thats good enought

For me Rapidshare is a Problem (only 10 Times download)

ok let's make is simple :
1.2.4.5.6 great !
bow.gif

3. ooops my bet.. I did not realize the 1rst column was "only" the filename !!!!!
wacko.gif
(could you add an option to hide it ??? lol)
7. NO I WANT COFFEE !!! d"*ç windows application ! on Linux it would only take two lines of code ! lol
8. (yeah I know it did not exist on my first list) resizing the different columns (or maybe displaying a popup on hovering) would be a must some name are SOOO long
9. (yeah this one did not exist tooo.. but that's how I am... lol) about the covers.. 2 things..
9a. save the "cover directory" instead of asking each time
9b. display the cover in your apps ?

for rapidshare.. I will mirror your apps each time on a no limit account.. just pm me when you update it so I do it as quickly as possible

R
ps if you need beta testing let me know.
I am wiping my WBFS disk right now.. so I can dedicate it for your app for a couple of days. Let's say until the end of the week if you need anything tested

edit.
after posting my comments I realized that for number 7 I shouted at you.
I called my shrimp.. and we both agreed that I should switch to tea..
so if you don't mind, I would be really grateful that you add this option
thank you in advance, I bow in front of you apologizing for my bad temper which was not directed to you but to my coffee machine
blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4