Hacking Pictures of a fake Acekard 2i

nagareboshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, so I guess it's kinda safe to buy an Acekard 2i from DX because they have the lowest price
wink.gif

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
People of the Philippines!!

Bring an AKAIO loaded microSD and show the faces of Greenhills if you got an UNSUPPORTED DEVICE Acekard 2i. Shout to them it's FAKE. I dont want to repeat my mistake again on other people.

What the fuck does the loader* got to do with UNSUPPORTED DEVICE? What do yuou mean loader? IT'S FIRMWARE!!

*People who sold Acekard 2i to me that IT'S THE LOADER that's the problem. THEY DONT KNOW AKAIO AND THEY DONT WANT TO ADMIT THEY"RE SELLING FAKES. Lucky I got a replacement and it's supported by AKAIO.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I carefully peeled off the plastic logo, not entirely but just enough of a corner to see the first letter of the chip, and it's an Actel. I bought mine from NXPgame.com, although it appears they no longer have any in stock. I just their searched their website and found nothing. Mine is hardware version 44.

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The feeling of being taken is bad, however, you can learn from the experience.

If you pay a fair price from a reputable dealer your chance of getting a counterfeit flashcart is minimal.
If you search the Internet for the absolutely lowest price available and purchase from a new site with no reputation, your chances of get a bogus product increase logrithmically.

Ignorance can be cured with education.
You can learn either from your own experiences or the experiences of others.
It is less costly, and less painful to learn from the experiences of others.
(As you discovered by getting an imitation product, but shared the information here so that others won't make the same mistake.)

The most important thing to learn is to be open to and listen to what others have to say.

step29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just Saying

Mods are allow to edit the first post

Plus if your Acekard2i dont have a chip bump It's a newer design for the Acekard Test AKAIO to see if it's fake or not

I'm leaving the Acekard froums . I'm planing to get A R4i SDHC on DealExtreme

Good Bye =)

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
azure0wind said:
i can't find any chip in my ak2i....(
ohmy.gif
)
i think the chip is inside the flashkart...
and.... is my ak2i FAKE?!
sad.gif

Do you even read a thread before spamming it?

8 posts before yours I said that those with no chip are the newer models and are not fake.
QUOTE(step29 @ Aug 21 2009, 05:23 PM) Just Saying

Mods are allow to edit the first post

Plus if your Acekard2i dont have a chip bump It's a newer design for the Acekard Test AKAIO to see if it's fake or not

I'm leaving the Acekard froums . I'm planing to get A R4i SDHC on DealExtreme

Good Bye =)
I'd rather have a fake Acekard than an R4i seeing as R4i's are clones of the Acekard. You've got to be stupid to buy one of those things
wtf.gif

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
ShatteredScreens said:
azure0wind said:
ohmy.gif
)
sad.gif

8 posts before yours I said that those with no chip are the newer models and are not fake.

basically everyone who's about to post here asking if their acekard is a fake should read this first before they make a tit of themselves.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
bollocks said:
ShatteredScreens said:
azure0wind said:
ohmy.gif
)
sad.gif

basically everyone who's about to post here asking if their acekard is a fake should read this first before they make a tit of themselves.
If you were calling me a tit then, have a look who the first person to leave a reply was on that thread.

Yes, I said there were no fakes (because at that time there were non) but now lots of clones (R4s) and a couple of fakes have sprung up.

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
ShatteredScreens said:
If you were calling me a tit then, have a look who the first person to leave a reply was on that thread.
no, i wasn't. as i said, i was referring to "everyone who's about to post here asking if their acekard is a fake", ie people with the new version who only read the first post. like the guy you quoted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Bowsers Super Crown Mayhem?