elmurato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you very much! That was my last problem. Now everything is ok again
yay.gif

EDIT: I installed the patched Preloader over my existing installation -> No problems at all. And if you have the problem that the installer hangs at the warning screen, press A+1+2 at the same time.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
while this is sure be usefull for any people, I doubt crediar will like that somone modified and redistributes it without any authorisation. Dunno about the legal stuff, but you better be careful.

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
while this is sure be usefull for any people, I doubt crediar will like that somone modified and redistributes it without any authorisation. Dunno about the legal stuff, but you better be careful.

In the world of hacking the MIGHTY Hex Editor Pwns all.

If he is not going to release any new version then things like this will happen. (Thank goodness)

claud10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so what are the recommended steps in order to install this new version of preloader if I already have 0.29 installed? More specifically, I wonder if it would be necessary to reinstall the system menu and/or ios60? What are the advantages of TBRing ios60?

Im on SM 4.1U with the new BootMii 0.5 and HBC 1.0.5 (installed from HBC 1.0.4 through the HackMii installer)

phpgeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
claud10 said:
so what are the recommended steps in order to install this new version of preloader if I already have 0.29 installed? More specifically, I wonder if it would be necessary to reinstall the system menu and/or ios60? What are the advantages of TBRing ios60?

Im on SM 4.1U with the new BootMii 0.5 and HBC 1.0.5 (installed from HBC 1.0.4 through the HackMii installer)

I would advise that you reinstall the System Menu and IOS60 as this would be the safest method. However, reinstalling it straight over the top of your existing installation would be much quicker and should work fine, it's just not my suggested method as it carries a small risk.

LoRD RPG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to upgrade to 4.2U from 4.1U following this guide:
Complete Upgrading Guide from 4.1 to 4.2

Each step of the way, I created NAND backups.

NAND backup - 4.1U
NAND backup - 4.2U without pre-loader
NAND backup - 4.2U with updated Shopping Channel

I was able to install the Patched Pre-Loader easily enough.

After updating to 4.2U and making sure everything was working correctly, then creating a NAND backup, I used DOP-IOSv8 to downgrade IOS36 to a previous version using the GCpad-Z. This then allowed me to install the Patched Pre-loader. After that, I used Wad Manager to install IOS36-v3351 from the NUSD downloaded wads.

Everything worked just fine including being able to launch the HBC from the pre-Loader, with one exception.....

- The Wii System Menu would not load. Instead I would get in Large letters in the bottom corner of the screen USA4.2 and I'd have to hold the power button to shut the Wii down.

Because I couldn't get the Wii System Menu to load, I went back to the Home Brew Channel, started BootMii and restored my last NAND backup prior to the Pre-loader install.

So no more Pre-Loader for me until this problem is fixed.

I installed the updated shopping channel after restoring the NAND backup.

phpgeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
LoRD RPG said:
The Wii System Menu would not load. Instead I would get in Large letters in the bottom corner of the screen USA4.2 and I'd have to hold the power button to shut the Wii down.

You need to ensure that the IOS being used by preloader to boot the System Menu has the "ES_identify" patch.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have they fixed the glitch with the disc being spun when the Wii is turned off if you are using the region free Wii hack?

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrBubbles said:
Have they fixed the glitch with the disc being spun when the Wii is turned off if you are using the region free Wii hack?

If you read this thread, I'm guessing you didn't, you would have found out that this is NOT a new version of Pre-loader. It is simply a Hex Edit Hack so that Pre-loader will boot the new HBC.

That said I decided to bite the bullet and install this. It does work as advertised. I updated HBC, Bootmii, DVDX. Installed System Menu 4.1 Wad downloaded from NUS Downloader. Used dop-IOS v8 to install IOS60. Then Installed this version of pre-loader.

Works like a charm... thanx...

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Beat me to it... I hacked the HAXX ID to JODI for my personal use, and I was going to release my hacked version tomorrow...

Guess there's no need for me to do it now.

Good work.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lothlorian said:
That said I decided to bite the bullet and install this. It does work as advertised. I updated HBC, Bootmii, DVDX. Installed System Menu 4.1 Wad downloaded from NUS Downloader. Used dop-IOS v8 to install IOS60. Then Installed this version of pre-loader.

I need to do the same, update HBC and redo the whole preloader install again as well.

Question Lothlorian - why did you use dop-IOS to download IOS60 and install and not just use NUS to download and then WAD-Manager to do it? or will that break it?

Did you apply any trucha bug to IOS60 using dop-IOS?

Before re-installing does preloader need IOS60 to have the ES_DIVerfiy function patched or will the preloader install take care of this?

Preloader 0.29 guide
Says you can uninstall using preloader using NandClean, if it best to uninstall and re-install again?

I only just upgraded to 4.1e and installed preloader about 3 days before 4.2 come out.

Thanks

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bosman said:
Lothlorian said:

I need to do the same, update HBC and redo the whole preloader install again as well.

Question Lothlorian - why did you use dop-IOS to download IOS60 and install and not just use NUS to download and then WAD-Manager to do it? or will that break it?

Did you apply any trucha bug to IOS60 using dop-IOS?

Before re-installing does preloader need IOS60 to have the ES_DIVerfiy function patched or will the preloader install take care of this?

Preloader 0.29 guide
Says you can uninstall using preloader using NandClean, if it best to uninstall and re-install again?

I only just upgraded to 4.1e and installed preloader about 3 days before 4.2 come out.

Thanks

I used dop-IOS because I like that app
smile.gif
And it will patch trucha for me. You can use NUS Downloader if you wish.
Pre-loader does the ES_DIVerify patch when it installes.
I don't like messing or Cleaning my Nand unless I have to (I don't in this case) Reinstalling System Menu will get rid of pre-loader.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lothlorian said:
I don't like messing or Cleaning my Nand unless I have to (I don't in this case) Reinstalling System Menu will get rid of pre-loader.

I always keep reading, never play around with your system menu, quickest way to brick your wii....... Its that fear factor because I have never done it before, playing around with the system menu and IOS...

wouldn't worry me if I had bootmii as boot2 but I can't.

Even NUS says this when I get 4.1E system menu 450.

QUOTEThe System Menu is a critical part of the Wii boot sequence, and failure to install a proper WAD, failure to install its corresponding IOS module, and many other factors can cause a brick. The only safe way to mess with the System Menu is with BootMii boot2 installed.

Is the sysmenu about 23meg in size?

claud10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@bosman: My SM was ~21 Mb (4.1U)

I did the following:

1) Download SM and IOS60 using NUS and packed to .wad's.
2) Installed SM using WAD Manager 1.4
3) Installed IOS60 using WAD Manager 1.4
Note about 2 and 3) I didn t apply TBR to any of those wads.
4) Install the new preloader

The weird thing, is that it seems to me that the old hacks.ini were kept in nand. Of course after steps 1-3 preloader was gone (pressing reset while booting did not boot to preloader), so I thought it happened to the hacks. But once I reinstalled it, the same hacks were still present and using the same settings (the ones that were enabled before were still enabled), and the new HAXX check blocker were not present. Is it normal? Now however I m able to boot to HBC from preloader.

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's so much faster to:

1) Back up everything with BootMii
2) Reinstall Preloader over existing version
3) ENJOY!

Seems to work just fine for everyone who has posted thus far! Just my 2 cents.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to completely reinstall your system menu and that iso60 stuff. Just take his file, extract it, put hacks.ini at the root of your SD card (leave it in the folder to make sure also), then run preloader JODI with HBC. Works like a charm, no issues.

TAGs - copy over previous preloader with preloader JODI

Thanks man

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters +1