Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jaydoc05 said:
I am getting the same error

is that because my IOS30 is not ES patched? Version 3.2U

If so, I do not know how to ES patch it as DOP IOS MOD does not give me such option, should I try DOP IOS?
you have to have a patched IOS36

jaydoc05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I get it:

I must patch with DOP IOS MOD and ES id patch IOS 36 but not also trucha sign it:: otherwise HBC will be upside down right?

Also, what does using IOS 249 give you to install this preloader (referencing the help me, push B and "+" to use IOS 249)

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
How could I get it to autoboot to 1.03 before 1.06?? As I have both installed... Bootmii johns...

Take a look at the source.
It shouldn't be that hard to make it check for HAXX first, then load JODI if HAXX isn't found. I'd do it for you, but I'm posting from a cell phone.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
mariomaniac33 said:
mariomaniac33 said:
Great job, phpgeek!
yay.gif

Unfortunately, I seem to be experiencing a bug though. I know the program is still in the testing phase, but I'd figure that I'd let you know, since I don't think anyone else has reported it yet.

At first, Preloader 0.30 worked great for me, but now my Wii crashes (shuts down) upon boot.
wacko.gif
I've found that the bug is a problem with the "Shutdown to: " option as if I set this to preloader, it goes to preloader instead of crashing.

My guess is that preloader is assuming that my Wii is returning to preloader, rather than booting to preloader. Perhaps this problem could be linked to the new settings file or something? I've tried resaving all of the settings, but still, no dice.
unsure.gif

Just throwing this out there. Hopefully you can fix whatever's causing it by the time you release the source
wink2.gif

By the way, is anyone else experiencing this problem? I think I started to experience it after I saved my settings through 0.30....
This bug still exists
frown.gif
. I think it has something to do with the settings, autobooting to a dol, and having preloader set to off all at the same time. This bug was introduced with the new settings, as it works fine on 0.29.

This installs and uninstalls like a charm. The only problem is booting, I've played with the settings like crazy (different combinations of what to boot to and what to return to) nothing works, everytime it just turns off. The only way to turn on your wii at all is to hold reset to access preloader, and from there you can still load the system menu via preloader after that. But until this is resolved I am going to stick to the 0.29 JODI version of preloader.

Oh yeah, I also tested out loading bootmii as IOS (via the preloader menu) and this also works like a charm, in fact, everything works like a charm except for the booting (which is the most important thing, I don't want to have to hold reset just to turn on the wii). The bright side is that even if some1 without bootmii as boot2 installs this version it will not brick them, they will still be able to access preloader, and from preloader they can access everything.

Posts merged

micric100 said:
QUOTE(micric100 @ Oct 14 2009, 12:50 AM)
can I install this on 4.2, i have a stubbed ios60, and don't have preloader installed since I upgraded. I have ios70 truncha signed
anyone know the answer to this?

You need to have IOS70 trucha signed and ES_Identity signed, search for IOS70patchedfreethebugs.wad. Available via xzxero's guide. If you have this installed, then you can install preloader on a 4.2 system

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm my settings are:

autoboot to system menu
return to system menu
shutdown to off
stop disc off
light slot on error off
ignore stand by settings off
SM IOS 70

and it turns on and off like normal.
i dont think i understand your guy's problem.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I tried those exact settings and it wouldn't load.... I don't get it either. I tried installing it twice. I even uninstalled the old one first.... hmmmm, maybe that's the problem... xzxero, did you run the 0.30 uninstaller before installing 0.30? Or did you install overtop of 0.29? Maybe this makes a difference...???

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
I tried those exact settings and it wouldn't load.... I don't get it either. I tried installing it twice. I even uninstalled the old one first.... hmmmm, maybe that's the problem... xzxero, did you run the 0.30 uninstaller before installing 0.30? Or did you install overtop of 0.29? Maybe this makes a difference...???
well first of all i had the updater one from yesterday
then this one came out so i tried out the uninstaller
then in reinstalled it.

but even then the preloader .30 from yesterday never gave me a problem.

jaydoc05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I patch my IOS36 with ES via dopiOS Mod i get that damn upside down HBC again

what am I supposed to do know?
install preloader in a HBC upside down menu then revert my IOS36?

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jaydoc05 said:
when I patch my IOS36 with ES via dopiOS Mod i get that damn upside down HBC again

use dop-ios to install a clean IOS30
then run the hackmii installer again to reinstall HBC to use IOS61

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isostar said:
@phpgeek
Thanks for .30 MOD

but for me there are 2 No goes

1.) from HomeBrew Channel 1.0.6 i click "Back to System Menu" then im in Preloader

2.) Usbloader click "Home WiiMote" back in Preloader

have anyone try to uninstall .30 with the uninstaller and then start ATD ? Black Screen
to fix this-> SystemMenu.wad

In preloader settings, set "return to system menu"

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jaydoc05 said:

Read the 500 posts here about upsidedown HBC, that's what.
Install IOS61 WITHOUT PATCHING IT, then uninstall and reinstall HBC using the latest hackmii installer (If you used cIOSCORP you'll need to install the old IOS30 as well using DoP-IOS).

phpgeek: Mad props. I wish there was a bowing emoticon I could throw in
yay.gif

There's no way I would have written the installer code that you did. Haven't got the slightest clue.

and speaking of clueless...
"nand booting code. You can obtain this from any systems menu or channel"
Is there a tutorial on this, or can you be a bit more specific on how to do this? What bit of code is it that we're supposed to strip out and how much padding?

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xflak40 said:
micric100 said:
micric100 said:
can I install this on 4.2, i have a stubbed ios60, and don't have preloader installed since I upgraded. I have ios70 truncha signed
anyone know the answer to this?

You need to have IOS70 trucha signed and ES_Identity signed, search for IOS70patchedfreethebugs.wad. Available via xzxero's guide. If you have this installed, then you can install preloader on a 4.2 system
Thanks, I will es_identity it with dop ios mod, but can I use this installer right away or do I have to install .29 first and upgrade, wont I get the system menu's corrupt because my ios 60's a stub?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
xzxero said:
xflak40 said:
well first of all i had the updater one from yesterday
then this one came out so i tried out the uninstaller
then in reinstalled it.

but even then the preloader .30 from yesterday never gave me a problem.

I noticed in your signature your on 4.1U. Is this still accurate? I am on 4.2. I suspect maybe its working properly on 4.1 and not 4.2... just a guess.

Bauldrick

Trophies
XP
Country
I have seen the problem with wii not booting. I don't know what problem is, however the setting `ignore standbye`, if altered the wii would either switch straight off, or if altered go into standbye (or vice versa).

Anyway, I reproduced this problem a few times (unistalled, reinstalled) - the only way I got wii to boot was to:

set hacks etc...
load hbc through preloader
exit to system menu (i then used `quit` to restart , although that probably did nothing)

Boots fine now, set to load wiiflow and alls good

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Are you related to the real jdbye