Hacking Preloader v0.30 Installer / Removal Tool

LufianGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a lot of mixed reviews.

Only thing that troubles me is the problem where they have to boot to preloader to start the system.

Anyone going to put some footage on youtube?

jaydoc05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I am trying to install this onto version 3.2U

which IOS does preloader use to load? IOS30?

any advantage to having it use IOS249? (which is already my cIOS)

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LufianGuy said:
Sounds like a lot of mixed reviews.

Only thing that troubles me is the problems where they have to boot to preloader to start the system.

Anyone going to put some footage on youtube?

well, I just installed it on my 3.2, 0.29, non-CORP.

and I got this problem....AND there really is NOTHING to show on youtube.

light goes green for 2 seconds when you power on, then if you don't hold reset, back to red.
even if you boot bootmii/boot2, and select wii menu, same results.

so overall, thanks, but was this REALLY tested on 23(!?) wii's?

I can try yesterday's installer, but I don't think it'll make a difference for this booting problem.

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this was asked in this thread but I haven't messed with Dop IOS before so:

I have a 3.2U 0.29 Preloader / CrazyIntro and everything is fine... If I want to update to 0.30, what prep steps are necessary? I need to patch IOS 36 and then that will cause the HBC to be upside down? And then further steps will be necessary? If someone can spell out what I need to do that would be fantastic because if it's too messy, I will probably see no reason to leave a perfectly fine 0.29. Thank you!

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hbc will only be upside down if it was using ios36 in the scenario you referred to. mine was using ios35. now i have it running on ios61. i'd worry about the preloader first. the upside down thing is a quick dop-ios fix.

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
on the preloader .30 updater thread xzxero post:just tried a lame Kingston 4GB SDHC cards

couldnt read the hacks.ini
dont count on it though, this card has really bad compatibility issues, although hbc reads it fine.

my micro sdhc is sandisk but the sd adaptor is kingston. could this be why preloader doesn't recognize my card? HBC recognized it, i've got almost all Homebrew running off of this card.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
noobwarrior7 said:
I like my menu theme....don't feel like porting it....and I don't like the sd menu....and 3.2 takes up approx 90 blocks less.
+triforce/SNEEK FTW.

plus I have nostalgic love for starfall that no one will ever take from me.

0.28 cause there was no autoupdate and I'm lazy....and this is supposed to work with it.

and I like to laugh at nintendo and be like "nahnahnah...I'm chilling back before you even started trying to block stuff and I can play everything!"

Oh Hell yeah I use usb for everything and the SD button is UGLY on the system menu (i dont care for it personally) besides if its not broke dont fix it i have those same settings and have no intention of changing them without the need to do so...To each there own i can respect that
smile.gif

AnimatedSmileyDoctor.gif

AnimatedSmileyx-ray.gif

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is working great for me - thanks!

I can also report that the stupid April fools joke is gone, which means that the board should have fewer "ZOMG preloader bricked mah wii!!11!" threads next April.

Thanks again to phpgeek and Daco for this
biggrin.gif

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Requirements:

You will need the IOS used to boot the system menu to be patched with ES_Verify. This version of
the installer does NOT currently patch your IOS for you so please use DOP IOS or Free The Bug!!!

Mmm.. my current preloader JODI works so can I assume my IOS60 (for 4.1J) is already patched with ES_Verify?

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ transam81: try to find a new hacks.ini file matching your SM. if that doesn't work, copy all the stuff off of your sd, re-format it, and then paste the stuff back. also, if i understand correctly, you have it installed, just no hacks... try launching a dol off the root of the sd - wiiflow should work. that will rule out/confirm your card issue.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so for those just joining us, if your install doesn't go perfect, you may experience one of two sofar unsolved errors that are not due to you veering away from available guidance:

-installer fails and aborts while trying to "read ticket"
-installs but no way to autoboot menu, wii immediately powers down

other errors are more likely your fault and mean that you didn't read.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just installed the new .30 over my old .29 jodi version.

everything works just fine.

Only problem i had was after installing it and selecting system menu it went to a black screen with 4.2USA in the corner of it.Its due to a hack being enabled for some reason.The hack was set to disabled in .29 but when i installed .30 it was set to enabled.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
just installed the new .30 over my old .29 jodi version.

everything works just fine.

Only problem i had was after installing it and selecting system menu it went to a black screen with 4.2USA in the corner of it.Its due to a hack being enabled for some reason.The hack was set to disabled in .29 but when i installed .30 it was set to enabled.

It may help others if you said what hack it was.

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please (pretty please) spell out what someone on Menu 3.2U and 0.29 Preloader needs to do to prep for Preloader 0.30? Keep in mind I have never used Dop IOS and the idea of patching a critical file worries me a bit - but maybe it's not so bad? Thanks!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Wii WON'T START ON AFTER INSTALLING PRELOADER 0.30??? SOLUTION HERE!!!!!!!!!!
-I've posted this twice already and ppl are still asking, so listen up and spread the word!

-hold reset as wii is powering on to access preloader
-go to homebrew channel
-uninstall preloader by reinstalling your system menu wad (look into NUS downloader if u don't know where 2 find this)
-run nand clean, say yes through ALL the steps (totally safe, done it a thousand times)
-your wii is now preloader free... time to fix that! Reinstall preloader 0.30 (or 0.29 JODI), be sure to hold B as you press either + or - in order to run the installer using IOS249.
-1 PROBLEM SOLVED

-1 PROBLEM REMAINS (2 my knowledge anywayz), being unable to autoboot to usbloader_gx by installing gxforwarder.dol. This may be a "problem" with the dol, hoping some1 will do an update for it (fingers crossed!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Im an arepa