Hacking Homebrew Riiconnect24 internet channel doesn't install

OdinTarnak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
i've recently began soft modding my wii and am planning on keeping at it but, Im having problems installing the Internet Channel on my wii
using Riiconnect24 ive installed all the usuals, Everybody Votes, Forecast Channel, News Channel, Today and Tomorrow and even the Nintendo Channel, but the Internet Channel is being stubborn and wont install, keeps giving me error code (-4100 ) and tells me to try with AHBPROT or an IOS ´with correct permissions.
what i've found out is that i needed to update my cIOS 249, 250 and 251, and try launching it with AHBPROT, i dont know that that is, but i did update the cIOS
do i just need to figure this AHBPROT thing out? or am i missing something completely different?

Attachments

• IMG_0175[1].JPG
    IMG_0175[1].JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 126

RetraCarteR

Newcomer
Trophies
San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so your IOS definitely isn't the problem. WiiMod Lite automatically patches IOS 58 with AHBPROT permissions, so you shouldn't even need cIOS to run it. My immediate thought is that maybe you're trying to install a bad wad file.

To check to see if your wad file is bad, search for and download a free computer program called "HashCalc". Open it, click the button with three dots next to the text field marked "Data", and navigate to the Internet Channel wad file you're trying to install on the Wii. Make sure that the "MD5", "SHA1", and "CRC32" boxes are checked, and then click the "Calculate" button at the bottom of the screen. You should see the following results:

MD5: 23dcef3d269add05f357f827c5aa5004
SHA1: 7217ba402c3314897b3025b2888f08fb44de95ef
CRC32: 31293a17

If your results are different than this, the wad file that you're trying to install is bad and you need to obtain a good one that does give these results in HashCalc. Unfortunately, GBATemp's rules prevent me from telling you how to obtain wad files, so you're on your own if that is the case.

One final note: the Internet Channel does not use WiiConnect24 or RiiConnect24 whatsoever, so you shouldn't need to run it through any sort of patching program before installing it. Just install the normal, unaltered wad file with WiiMod Lite, and it should work as long as the wad file is good.

OdinTarnak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Thanks man.

The HashCalc results dont match so i guess i have to find a new one. You dont have ny leads as to where i can find it that dont break GBATemp's rules?

Salutations my friend

RetraCarteR

Newcomer
Trophies
San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, GBATemp's rules are crystal clear when it comes to warez. I'm not allowed to tell you anything regarding how to find official software, and neither is anyone else on this forum.

I'm glad I could at least help you figure out what the problem was. Good luck getting the Internet Channel working!

vento5886

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
To check to see if your wad file is bad, search for and download a free computer program called "HashCalc". Open it, click the button with three dots next to the text field marked "Data", and navigate to the Internet Channel wad file you're trying to install on the Wii. Make sure that the "MD5", "SHA1", and "CRC32" boxes are checked, and then click the "Calculate" button at the bottom of the screen. You should see the following results:

MD5: 23dcef3d269add05f357f827c5aa5004
SHA1: 7217ba402c3314897b3025b2888f08fb44de95ef
CRC32: 31293a17
This is going to be a stupid question but what is we try to manually change these text strings in the wad? would it work or would it fuck up entirely the Wii NAND?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really didn't like playing online against other people always felt like I was being matched...