Hacking Emulation Homebrew Running emulators & roms from HDD

L0LIpOp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello everyone, I'm running Wii Ver. 4.3E softmoded with BootMii IOS56-64-v5661.wad IOS57-64-v5918.wad. With Emulators and Roms on the SD card is working.

I want to run roms from my HDD using gxgeo and possible other emulators from my 1 TB HDD formated in the right format as FAT32 without using SD card. How can I do this?

Attachments

• Wad Manager v1.7.jpg
    Wad Manager v1.7.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Wii Menu.jpg
    Wii Menu.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 14

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good morning,

move all the contents of the SD card to your external hard drive, then once your documents are moved, go to HBC, press 1 or 2 on the wiimote then validate USB.

L0LIpOp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Good morning,

move all the contents of the SD card to your external hard drive, then once your documents are moved, go to HBC, press 1 or 2 on the wiimote then validate USB.
Good morning Jeannotte Lol that's all?! Can you explain a little bit more why it's working like that? Thank you

Draxikor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@L0LIpOp
It is not complicated at all, except for very few apps, most of them work on pendrive or HDD.
The only thing you would have to configure in each emulator is to change the paths that are probably addressed to the SD (games, screenshots, settings, etc.).

L0LIpOp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
@L0LIpOp
It is not complicated at all, except for very few apps, most of them work on pendrive or HDD.
The only thing you would have to configure in each emulator is to change the paths that are probably addressed to the SD (games, screenshots, settings, etc.).
Nice I didn't test it yet, but how is this possible?

Draxikor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@L0LIpOp
Because it is like a PC, you can have a video recorded on a dvd, a pendrive or a SSD and you will be able to play it without problems.
With the Wii it's the same, only when the scene started it was limited to have the apps on a SD and the games from USB in wbfs format.
But over the years they managed to improve the process and that's why you can even have the apps, Wii and GC games and emunand on USB and not have to use the SD.

Reactions: jeannotte

L0LIpOp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Good morning,

As I thought, it doesn't work. After I moved all the contents of the SD card to my external hdd, I went to HBC and press 1 on my wiimote then I validate the USB. After I validate USB the screen freeze and I must restart the console.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    271.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by L0LIpOp,

L0LIpOp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
@L0LIpOp
Because it is like a PC, you can have a video recorded on a dvd, a pendrive or a SSD and you will be able to play it without problems.
With the Wii it's the same, only when the scene started it was limited to have the apps on a SD and the games from USB in wbfs format.
But over the years they managed to improve the process and that's why you can even have the apps, Wii and GC games and emunand on USB and not have to use the SD.
It's not working.
Post automatically merged:

So nobody knows how to do it?

Last edited by L0LIpOp,

L0LIpOp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
@L0LIpOp If it works for the rest of the world then the problem is exclusively yours, try another USB stick.
Should I install a new HBC? Or update it? I just show what error I get after I moved all the contents of the SD card to my external hdd, I went to HBC and press 1 on my wiimote then I validate the USB. After I validate USB the screen freeze and I must restart the console.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Really don't understand how or why many people has problems with their Wiis.
Literally couple hours ago decided to use an old laptop HDD for ROMS/ISO/WBFS loading, I formatted a TOSHIBA 320GB HDD to FAT32, single partition, MBR boot sector, and even RetroArch is loading my roms just fine.

Should I install a new HBC? Or update it? I just show what error I get after I moved all the contents of the SD card to my external hdd, I went to HBC and press 1 on my wiimote then I validate the USB. After I validate USB the screen freeze and I must restart the console.
Probably an imcompatibility issue... which surprises me, because again, and I've said this before: It doesn't matter which USB Stick or SD card brand i throw at my Wii, it just works for me everytime.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I have all my apps and config files in a 16GB SD, and the HDD is full of games. Which is what I'm assuming OP wants to achieve here.

Last edited by JuanMena,

L0LIpOp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Literally couple hours ago decided to use an old laptop HDD for ROMS/ISO/WBFS loading, I formatted a TOSHIBA 394GB HDD to FAT32, single partition, MBR boot sector, and even RetroArch is loading my roms just fine.

Probably an imcompatibility issue... which surprises me, because again, and I've said this before: It doesn't matter which USB Stick or SD card brand i throw at my Wii, it just works for me everytime.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I have all my apps and config files in a 16GB SD, and the HDD is full of games. Which is what I'm assuming OP wants to achieve here.
I want to have all my files on HDD. The games are on gxloader are loading from that HDD. I'm getting that error. As you can see above. Any suggestion?

Dominator456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I'm running Wii Ver. 4.3E softmoded with BootMii IOS56-64-v5661.wad IOS57-64-v5918.wad. With Emulators and Roms on the SD card is working.

I want to run roms from my HDD using gxgeo and possible other emulators from my 1 TB HDD formated in the right format as FAT32 without using SD card. How can I do this?
I am surprised nobody has said anything about you using WAD Manager 1.7. Stop using that. It is terrible and outdated, use something like YAWM ModMii Edition:
https://oscwii.org/library/app/yawmME

Anyway, are you trying to use USBLoaderGX to load games and the SD to load the app?
Post automatically merged:

These consoles are old. I don't know if you have seen my post about the remotes not working correctly, but I still cannot figure out what is wrong with the console.

Last edited by Dominator456,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
These consoles are old. I don't know if you have seen my post about the remotes not working correctly, but I still cannot figure out what is wrong with the console.
I honestly think this may be a luck thing.
I've used my Wii since 2008 almost daily (the only years I kinda forgot about it was around 2012/2018 because of my 3DS) and I've never had hardware issues.
Even after my dumb sisters left my WiiMote in my dog's water bowl for over a day, it's still working fine.

As other has suggested, try checking the Bluetooth module in your Wii's console.

L0LIpOp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I honestly think this may be a luck thing.
I've used my Wii since 2008 almost daily (the only years I kinda forgot about it was around 2012/2018 because of my 3DS) and I've never had hardware issues.
Even after my dumb sisters left my WiiMote in my dog's water bowl for over a day, it's still working fine.

As other has suggested, try checking the Bluetooth module in your Wii's console.
How to check that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?