Status
Not open for further replies.

alanbtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
JudgeChief said:
I can't get it to work. Im using Python 2.6 on Windows 7. The command window comes up and disappears right away.
I got this error on Win7 64x using the console:

EDIT: Well that was stupid, sorry i forgot that was on spanish.

Ventrix would you mind telling how you fixed it?

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afro193 said:
Can't get this to work either. I connect to the GTS just fine but when it goes "Checking GTS status..." after about 10 seconds I get blue screen with error code 00000. Has happened 3 times in a row so far.

This happened to me to till I realized what was going on. There's a lot of talk about Party and Storage pokemon. On a different forum about this found a way to check is the file size. One is like 136 bytes and one is 283 or something (not exact numbers, at work so can't go look it up again)

You need to use the ones that are the larger ones.

The problem is, there's 2 sites in the 1st post. One site has all the events archived (thats the one I downloaded from initially for ease of use. But the archive there has a MIX of the two types. The other site posted has all the same events but as individual downloads. All of theirs are the right type. I went through and re-downloaded all the events that were the wrong type so they all were the larger format and have had no issues since. (only took me 2-3 days to realize the "obvious" lol )

If you sent a small file type one, you'll get that error message right off. If you send the larger one, you'll get the whole animation for the pokemon, then a blue screen at the end because python closed (don't worry, you still got the pokemon if you load up you game and check.)

awesome761

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
artlan said:
afro193 said:
Can't get this to work either. I connect to the GTS just fine but when it goes "Checking GTS status..." after about 10 seconds I get blue screen with error code 00000. Has happened 3 times in a row so far.

This happened to me to till I realized what was going on. There's a lot of talk about Party and Storage pokemon. On a different forum about this found a way to check is the file size. One is like 136 bytes and one is 283 or something (not exact numbers, at work so can't go look it up again)

You need to use the ones that are the larger ones.

The problem is, there's 2 sites in the 1st post. One site has all the events archived (thats the one I downloaded from initially for ease of use. But the archive there has a MIX of the two types. The other site posted has all the same events but as individual downloads. All of theirs are the right type. I went through and re-downloaded all the events that were the wrong type so they all were the larger format and have had no issues since. (only took me 2-3 days to realize the "obvious" lol )

If you sent a small file type one, you'll get that error message right off. If you send the larger one, you'll get the whole animation for the pokemon, then a blue screen at the end because python closed (don't worry, you still got the pokemon if you load up you game and check.)

Thanks for the info! I was wondering why only some of them worked
tongue.gif

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
It was posted in this thread that it has to be a party PKM and not a box PKM.

Also if you're having trouble running it make sure you have python 2.6 installed, not an earlier version.

Yeah, in this one and about 4 others (which I tend to see you in as well
wink.gif
Nice seeing a fellow furry/coder lol) but this one didn't have the file sizes in it. They were mentioned here in (what I'm assuming to be) it's original thread - http://www.pkmdb.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=141

and yeah, must be 2.6, not that 3.X one

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
I didn't know about the filesize, just about the box thing. XD

same here
smile.gif
I just didn't know how to check if one was a box or storage type ^__^ (was looking to PokeSav - which now I love and used to get my Secret Key and Member Card - but the file size give-away was a lot faster/easier to check against en-mass.)
Wow... 3 posts in a day... this is most I've been active here since I was working on the RO translation XD

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
AFAIK there's no dns option when using the wifi usb connector, so is there any way to get this great method to work if you only have a wifi usb connector of wpa2-encrypted interwebs?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You need the DS to try to connect to your computer (the IP it gives you is the internal IP of the machine it's run on) as a DNS server, so unless you can get a DNS option for that, no.

Check the options anyways from the game's main menu (not the DS's), it might be possible.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used this program with my WiFi USB Connector by starting the program then changing my own IP address to the one it gives me. You need to change it back afterwords but it's better than nothing.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
dartdude6 said:
So will the Pokemon be added to my Pokedex through this method?Yes, but take note that if you don't yet have the national pokedex then it won't show up (since it doesn't have an entry spot) until you do (it'll be listed as number ????), this is normal.

QUOTE(nguyeth @ Mar 18 2010, 09:08 PM) does anyone know when you can trade your pokemon? like unlock the trading rooms?
For HG/SS it's as soon as you reach goldenrod, and for D/P/P it's when you have two badges, if you're talking about the GTS (which this method uses).

nguyeth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nguyeth said:
does anyone know when you can trade your pokemon? like unlock the trading rooms?
For HG/SS it's as soon as you reach goldenrod, and for D/P/P it's when you have two badges, if you're talking about the GTS (which this method uses).

thanks for being an active poster
biggrin.gif

alanbtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
alanbtg said:
JudgeChief said:
I can't get it to work. Im using Python 2.6 on Windows 7. The command window comes up and disappears right away.
I got this error on Win7 64x using the console:

EDIT: Well that was stupid, sorry i forgot that was on spanish.

Ventrix would you mind telling how you fixed it?

Got it working after killing a bunch of process that were using the socket(steam, skype, apache, etc)

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
the program keep saying that put the 127.0.0.1...
is something there to fix this?

Odori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ventrix said:
Ventrix said:
JudgeChief said:

I am on windows xp, and the same thing happens to me.

Fixed it myself, this is awesome. Transferring pokemon to SS now.

How exactly did you fix this problem? I'm not sure how to. D: (Windows 7 here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X0F1Qjn0Ac