Sonic Mania for Wii

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all, the forwarder for wii just gives a question mark "?" icon when i install it. does anyone have a working forwarder for sonic mania plus, the one you get from building yourself? i have the dol on apps/sonicmaniaplus
Thanks.
I tested both Sonic Mania & Sonic Mania Plus Wii forwarders and yes the Plus forwarder was not working.

I created a boot.dol v12 with ModMii and checked crc and it is identical to the Mania channel forwarder dol. In other words, if you extract the dol from the Mania forwarder using Customizemii and install into the Plus forwarder, it will work 100%.

Tested SD only using both November 02, 2022 release and @godreborn May 10, 2023 release. The forwarder path should be SD:/apps/SonicMania/boot.dol. I don't believe USB is compatible but did not test.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

BoikyCheez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to compile it yourself for the plus version. I compiled the one above with msys. there are no instructions, but it was quite easy to figure out.
Hey, so I the app does appear on the homebrew channel but I keep getting this screen that says mod loading done and I cant do nothing! I can't tell if this is an error or what! Please help me!

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Sorry for necrobump :v

I'm back at bringing updated builds of Sonic Mania (with Plus DLC enabled) for the Wii.
Compiled until git https://github.com/Mefiresu/RSDKv5-Decompilation/commit/6c48f8a83784e4e04231d86074e80c3f197d3fa3

Changes:
  • Multi-player mode ENABLED ON Wii!!!!! If playing as Sonic and Tails, a second Wii Remote can be connected and will control Tails.
  • Correctly set viTVMode in 240p mode. Now it works on both NTSC and PAL.
  • Fix XFB framebuffer freeing (fixes some crashes)
  • some more changes...
SPOILER: Mania (Bonus) stages runs at 60FPS on Wii with the No Special Stage Decoration mod!!!

Please test this new update, thanks!

Attachments

• RetroEngine_RSDKv5_SonicMania+PlusDLC_Wii_01032024.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 19

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Seems to work nicely! I did not get the No Special Stage Decoration mod to work (things appeared still), but that might me doing something bad. At first I got black screens but I was missing the good metaxml file.

Something I've noticed is that there's no longer that little hang up whenever the music looped during stages, it playes really well honestly.
Post automatically merged:

Seems to work nicely! I did not get the No Special Stage Decoration mod to work (things appeared still), but that might me doing something bad. At first I got black screens but I was missing the good metaxml file.

Something I've noticed is that there's no longer that little hang up whenever the music looped during stages, it playes really well honestly.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
For enable mods in Sonic Mania Wii:

1. Put your mods in a folder called mods and put it where do you have your Data.rsdk file for Sonic Mania (example: if you load your Data.rsdk from root:/RSDKv5/Mania/, then the folder for mods will be root:/RSDKv5/Mania/mods/)
2. Open the Settings.ini file with a text editor (ex. Notepad) and modify the file as shown:
devMenu= change the setting to enabled (write y as option; it should be devMenu=y)
enableControllerDebugging= change the setting to enabled (write y as option; it should be enableControllerDebugging=y)
3. Save the changes made to the Settings.ini file
4. Insert the SD card or USB device to your Wii and start Sonic Mania Wii
5. In the title screen, press SELECT (-) (minus) button on your Wiimote/Wii Classic Controller.
6. In the debug/dev menu, select Mods and select your desired mods to be loaded by changing from N to Y (yes/load this mod)
7. Exit the Mods menu. It should display "loading again mods..." or something similar
8. Restart Sonic Mania Wii

I will post how i have my installation for this mod so you can put it on the root:/RSDKv5/ folder.

Attachments

• NoSSDecorations-SonicManiaWii.zip
    164.6 KB · Views: 14

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Oh, I had the mods folder on RDSKv5 and not Mania, what a dumb mistake. Thank you, it works great, I can't believe seeing the special stages at 60fps on the Wii!

It really works nicely, besides the longer than usual loading times, thank you all involved for your efforts. I could play it on PC anyways but there's something really neat playing these modern games in systems from much earlier...

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
What's the folder structure now?
It's been a year since I last tested this. Can't remember and don't have the original files anymore.
Get the latest release files from Mefiresu's RSDKv5 for Wii (https://github.com/Mefiresu/RSDKv5-Decompilation/releases), get the latest compilation of Sonic Mania Plus i posted in this thread and put the files on your SD card or USB drive as i will explain.

Default file/folder structure is this:

SD/USB root
__ /apps
_____ /SonicMania
________ /boot.dol (the RSDKv5 Wii loader/engine)
________ /icon.png
________ /meta.xml
__ /RSDKv5
_____ /Mania
________ /Data.rsdk (the game file for Sonic Mania with the Plus DLC purchased)

Can you add Sonic Mania Plus to version 5?
Sonic Mania Plus is already using RSDKv5.
However, if you want latest 0.5.0 with latest improvements and with the Plus DLC enabled, here's the latest build.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Is it possible that you can give me another version that has the no decorations mod already in it?
Sorry but the mods you have to install it yourself.
However, if you want a "release" of Sonic Mania Plus with the mod installed, but without the Data.rsdk file (because it's a copyrighted file), i could try packaging every file needed in a zip file, and publish it for you.

Mannuubruh1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plus with the mod installed, but without the Data.rsdk file (because it's a copyrighted file), i could try packaging every file nee
However, if you want a "release" of Sonic Mania Plus with the mod installed, but without the Data.rsdk file (because it's a copyrighted file), i could try packaging every file needed in a zip file, and publish it for you.
Yes please that would be nice because I am having to facilities uploading the mod myself

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks a lot @SaulFabre, its been way too long since I've tested this one on my Red Wii...

Could you please share an AIO of Sonic Mania Plus & No-Decorations mod for us to try it out?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Mannuubruh1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you by chance know how to get 2player race to go split screen

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
That's cool, can you use Gamecube controllers?
Im pretty sure GCN controllers are supported since time ago.
How do I change the username
I think it must be modified in hex in the Data.rsdk file, i don't know.
4:3 and 240p are my dream with this
4:3 and 240p modes are supported, however you have to modify the Settings.ini file for enable those modes.

4:3 is only set when the Wii video settings is set to 4:3.
240p can only be enabled with a setting in Settings.ini.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Wanted to ask, whenever I play in 4:3 I see there's some cut picture to the sides. Is there something that can be done in the settigns file to show more of it? It's only really noticeable on the main menu, but just wanted to ask.

Mannuubruh1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the latest release files from Mefiresu's RSDKv5 for Wii (https://github.com/Mefiresu/RSDKv5-Decompilation/releases), get the latest compilation of Sonic Mania Plus i posted in this thread and put the files on your SD card or USB drive as i will explain.

Default file/folder structure is this:

SD/USB root
__ /apps
_____ /SonicMania
________ /boot.dol (the RSDKv5 Wii loader/engine)
________ /icon.png
________ /meta.xml
__ /RSDKv5
_____ /Mania
________ /Data.rsdk (the game file for Sonic Mania with the Plus DLC purchased)

Sonic Mania Plus is already using RSDKv5.
However, if you want latest 0.5.0 with latest improvements and with the Plus DLC enabled, here's the latest build.
The game keeps crashing after I beat Titanic monarch act 1. I can't even beat the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo