Review SuperCard (SD): "How To" Guides and FAQs

TonyCool

Trophies
Website
www.ndsspain.com
XP
Country
9. How to view pictures

To be able to convert and view pictures using your SuperCard on your Nintendo DS/Game Boy Advance, you first need to visit http://www.supercard.cn and visit the download page and download the latest available version of GBAJpegViewer.
You forgot to mention that Moonshell can display JPG files, if they're bigger than DS screen, you can scroll it by dragging on the DS touch screen... Try it by yourself. Some GIF files make it to freeze, JPG are ok.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You forgot to mention that Moonshell can display JPG files, if they're bigger than DS screen, you can scroll it by dragging on the DS touch screen... Try it by yourself. Some GIF files make it to freeze, JPG are ok.
I forgot to include it when I added my Moonshell info to the guide!
wacko.gif
I'll add it now.
smile.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, the software supports .zip files, but does the Supercard itself support them or must they be uncompressed in the .d** format to play?
The SuperCard adapter doesn't support zipped files. The PC client software does, it can automatically extract the ROM from a ZIP when passing them through the software, the end result (the patched .DSQ ROM) will be unzipped and must be copied to the SuperCard memory card unzipped.
Added to FAQ

saidan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
G'Day!

I just go my Supercard and Superpass2!
Supercard appears to work fine, (I'm at work so can't really test it much!) but buggered if I can get the Superpass2 to work...
frown.gif

It could be the game that I am using, it is an Australian Mario Kart, but it has the same serial as the US version so I don't see why it wouldnt work... I'll try some more later tonight, but I'm getting pretty sick of it!

One thing I'm very upset with is the Superpass2 itself. I've read countless stories of it not really fitting, so I was exceptionally careful when puting it into the DS, then when I took it back out, I discovered that one of the little plastic things that seperates the contact points had halfbroken off and was covering one of the contacts. I had to carefully slice it away.
That in itself isnt a problem, but what is really annoying is that it has done something to the DS slot itself and my actual DS cartridge will no longer stay inserted and pops back out every time I put it in...
mad.gif

I haven't really found any info on the Superpass2 or even any indication that anyone else has one...
So if anyone knows anything, I'd love to hear from you!
smile.gif

Cheers!

OG LOCC NESS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I heard that when you insert the Supercard CF into the GBA slot, it is hard to fit in. I also got the original Superpass. Should i be careful when inserting them?

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One thing to note is that with the Firmware upgrades you need to have installed the earlier updates in order to use the newest version.
I wasn't aware of that either. Do you have any further confirmation of this before I add it? I don't recall having any problems upgrading my firmware straight to the latest version.

Shaunj, you probably had the second last firmware on the Supercard when it got to you, hence upgrading to the next firmware (latest) wouldn't have been an issue.

I personally haven't had the problem but I have assisted 3 separate people online who have had the problem and weren't aware how to update.
Maybe somebody who has had this issue can post to confirm?

It probably won't come up as an issue to often anyways as it seems the Supercard guys attempt to sells cards that have the most recent firmware anyways.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
G'Day!

I just go my Supercard and Superpass2!
Supercard appears to work fine, (I'm at work so can't really test it much!) but buggered if I can get the Superpass2 to work...
frown.gif

It could be the game that I am using, it is an Australian Mario Kart, but it has the same serial as the US version so I don't see why it wouldnt work... I'll try some more later tonight, but I'm getting pretty sick of it!

One thing I'm very upset with is the Superpass2 itself. I've read countless stories of it not really fitting, so I was exceptionally careful when puting it into the DS, then when I took it back out, I discovered that one of the little plastic things that seperates the contact points had halfbroken off and was covering one of the contacts. I had to carefully slice it away.
That in itself isnt a problem, but what is really annoying is that it has done something to the DS slot itself and my actual DS cartridge will no longer stay inserted and pops back out every time I put it in...Â
mad.gif

I haven't really found any info on the Superpass2 or even any indication that anyone else has one...
So if anyone knows anything, I'd love to hear from you!
smile.gif

Cheers!

I personally haven't used a Superpass2 but I believe they require firmware updating in order to function correctly?

With the Superpass breaking your DS cart slot, this can happen with all devices like passme's, passkey's etc... The issue is that the DS cart slot locks the Superpass in place like a normal DS cart, if you yank it out straight up it will break your slot. What you have to do is pull it out a tiny amount then push it back down, you will here a click like with a regular DS cart and it should slide right out.
Sorry this info probably can't help you now though, perhaps Shaunj should add this to his guide?

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
meh iv got a question is it possible to run homebrew ds stuff on the supercard if so how eh? (i tride it yesterday but couldn't get it to work ya)

OG LOCC NESS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have got a problem: When i try to writesome NDS Roms to my CF card, it says Cannot copy (insert rom here). The device is not ready. What does that mean, and what can i do to fix it? I have written other DS games to my card...
This is not a problem with the Supercard, this is a problem with the ROMS/Reader

rubs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One thing that I still can't understand is how SD card speeds affect gameplay? If I'm using a 45X SD card, for example, would my games be "laggier" than if I use a higher-speed one? Or will any old SD card do fine?

Mchart

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One thing that I still can't understand is how SD card speeds affect gameplay? If I'm using a 45X SD card, for example, would my games be "laggier" than if I use a higher-speed one? Or will any old SD card do fine?

The only thing SD card speed effects is how long it takes to transfer the data from the SD card -> the 256mbit on board ram on the supercard.

user6336

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i try to convert with GBA Movie Player 1.3, it crashes before it begins (i get the error "invalid video input") and if i use Movie Player 1.6, it converts fine. Can i use 1.6 with my supercard? And if not, what is the latest version i can use, or is there a way to fix the problem of this crashing? Thanks!

chava

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
chavads.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Hi!

I'd like to know how to add video to supercard with movieplayer software, i have the *.gbm with the movie, but what do i need now???
I have to add something else to my SuperCard?

Thanx!

saidan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After playing with my Superpass2 a bit more, it just started to work! I honestly don't know what I could have done to change anything asside from reflashing it over and over.
However I'm not sure if there is an easier way to use it... At the moment, to run the supercard in DS mode I need to turn on the DS without the DS game (Mario Kart) inserted into the superpass2, select GBA mode, run the agb0.gba file (cant remember the exact name!) insert the DS game back into the Superpass2, turn the DS off then on quickly. Then it will start in DS mode from the Supercard.
I have to do this everytime I turn it off for more than a few seconds of if it crashes trying to run scumvm or another program... Is this normal? Does the superpass1 require this?

Cheers!

jojomcbobo

Trophies
XP
Country
I had passme bust my ds slot as well. I didnt read anywhere about having to insert it a special way, it seemed to go in and out real easy. This really sux, although i still may be able to return it.

saidan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats what I did!
My Girlfriend took it back to EB yesterday while I was at work... Now I have a shiny new DS!
laugh.gif

Gonna be ultra carefull with this one though!

rubs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

The only thing SD card speed effects is how long it takes to transfer the data from the SD card -> the 256mbit on board ram on the supercard.
What about for games that run from the SD itself?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/KNK-tmMz618?si=VVOTBoAb4hdDI7X2