Review SuperCard (SD): "How To" Guides and FAQs

NeoShweaty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone who has used the superpass 2 software help me by writing a step by step guide from when you receive the superpass 2 to it going in the ds? cause i cant get it working for the life of me and the engrish on the supercard site coupled with the fact that it is down doesnt help

Souv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
check back here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=29782

Maybe someone will post the files.
cool.gif

A

A7mag3ddon

Hi, i just bought this device and had my DS NTR001 Flashed at the same time after reading this excelent review and Faq/Guide.

I have a general question about it thoug which i cant seem to find answers to, before anyone flames me though i have no documention with the unit so have to work it out on my own.

Q. Dig Dug, Sonic, and mario kart are supposed to work but i get an ' Error with game date ' and im told to re insert the game and try again.

Im pretty sure its something im not doing properly but now im totally lost.

Please can someone explain or help me ?

Many thanks

A

A7mag3ddon

Hi,

Is there a way to tell when you start the cart up ? Im in work at the moment ( as the DS and supercard came here) ive brought 7 games in on a 512MB SD card so i coule play it here.

Mario Kart comes up thats its loading the sram 40640K but counter stops at 0 and never leaves the SC menu screen.

Other games give me a save game data error and stop dead.

I noticed also there is no save on the card for MK but there is for the other 2 games that dont run.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
40640k??

Convert the ROM again using SuperCard's software. This time - choose "SD Card" for "ROM Position Patch" (and Saver Patch) under Properties (right click on the ROM).

A

A7mag3ddon

what about the other 2 games that actually boot but wont play?

They are Dig Dug and Sonic Rush

A

A7mag3ddon

Its ok, as soon as i upgraded to the new Kernel 1.60 and Software 2.50 ( which wasnt out when i flashed the card originally ) every works fine now.

Thanks for a great review and all the help everyone at GBATemp gave. I recoment the supercard SD 100%
smile.gif

kakawerk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone has this problem of the game freezing randomly and or during start up that says the sd card is not recognised... is this common

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does anyone has this problem of the game freezing randomly and or during start up that says the sd card is not recognised... is this common

Personally I have never heard of it or that matter experienced it.

Sounds like your SD card ain't to good, I've got a Sandisk and never had any issues at all.
Seems to me people always have issues with crappy brand cards. Not saying that you do but it could be your problem.
unsure.gif

kakawerk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i got a kingston elite pro 512 mb fyi... sighz i bought kingston cos many ppl haven tried it with sc sd and had no probs with it

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i got a kingston elite pro 512 mb fyi... sighz i bought kingston cos many ppl haven tried it with sc sd and had no probs with it

Sorry man wasn't trying to bring you down, its just that I have seen many a post stating that they have a 'hako*^&loto brand' SD card and they are having problems
rolleyes.gif

Kingston from what I have read should be ok. I have personally read about 4 people talking about using Kingston fine.

Maybe you could try your SD card in something other than the Supercard to see if it is functioning correctly?
Worst case go to a store selling Digital Cameras and say you wish to check if your card is compatible before purchase.
tongue.gif

topplehat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all, great guide here. However, I was wondering if there is any way to get rid of the lag when playing GBA games on the thing?

GBASlave

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Section 2: FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Official SuperCard FAQ: http://www.supercard.cn/eng/faq.htm

-----------------------------------------------

Q: What is the SuperCard's ROM compatibility like?
A: Currently it "works" with 99% of ROMs, while there may be other compatibility issues in-game these are only minor, and the overall compatibility rate is very high.
For a list visit this page: http://www.dualscene.net/djoen/supercardlist/data.php

Q: I can't get ROM #XXXX to work! HELP!
A: Again, check the following list: http://www.dualscene.net/djoen/supercardlist/data.php
It will mention any compatibility issues and if there are ways of resolving them, it will tell you what to do.

Q: What's the cheapest online store to buy a SuperCard?
A: For European's I recommend http://shop.01media.com to avoid import taxes and other nasties you get when importing. They have fantastic delivery times and customer support.

Q: Are there any differences between the SD card version and the CF version of the SuperCard?
A: At this point in time, I think the creators of the SuperCard have worked hard to keep both at the same levels. I may be mistaken (if so, PM me!) but they should both function just as well as each other.
The only real difference that I'm aware of is that the CF version doesn't have as long a battery life as the SD version.

Q: What are the flashing speeds like?
A: It's entirely dependent on your SD/CF card, your card reader and your PCs USB port. (USB1/2).
Using a USB 1.1 port and a standard speed SD card, the time it takes me to write a 64MB (512Mbit) file is approx. 1 minute and 20 seconds.

Q: I have the latest version of the Nintendo DS, with the most recent firmware. Will the SuperCard be compatible with it?
A: Using a first revision SuperPass (or any other 1st gen PassMe device) - No.
You'll need a PassMe2, or a SuperPass2. Details on how to use them should be provided with the product.
If you buy a SuperPass2, details on how to use it are available here: http://www.supercard.cn/superpass2/

Q: Can you have multiple game saves at one time on the SuperCard?
A: No. The SuperCard can only handle one save at a time, but they are easily backed up off the SD/CF card and are in a RAW format.

Q: Is the SuperCard compatible with FlashMe?
A: Yes, SuperCard is 100% compatible with the FlashMe firmware replacement!
Please note that when using FlashMe, if you want to use sleep mode while in-game, you need an original NDS card in your DS slot!

Q: Is the SuperCard compatible with Game Boy Micro?
A: I can't give a definete answer as I don't own a GB Micro. But I've heard reports of issues using the CF model in the GB Micro, but the SD version seems to function properly. (If anyone could PM me and clear this confusion up it would be much appreciated!).

Q: Can I use the NeoFlash Magic Key 1, 2 or 3 with the SuperCard?
A: Yes, they work just fine as PassMe's. Just don't forget you need an original NDS card inserted!

Q: Does the SuperCard adapter support zipped ROM files?
A: No, the SuperCard adapter does not support zipped files. All files on the memory card must be unzipped.
The SuperCard PC software does support the opening of ROMs within zipped folders, but when converted, the ROM will be unzipped and must remain unzipped when put onto the memory card to be used in the SuperCard.

-----------------------------------------------

IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION THAT HASN'T BE ANSWERED ABOVE, PLEASE POST IT HERE!
But before posting your question, please check that it's not already been answered in the How To Guide or the FAQs mentioned on top of this post.

GBASlave

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
One of the questions is if it's possible to have more than one savegame on a card.
There is one other option. Make for every user a directory (name) and put the game in each directory. SAV games wil l be added in your own directory. I did it with my 128 MB CF card and it works fine for both my son and daughter.
I have seen this tip earlier on this site, but it might not be known for everyone.... (there is so much info here!!!)

Remy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey

I'm planning on getting a Passkey 2 and a SuperCard.

Can the Passkey 2 be game-designated (using the M3 program) with the SuperCard hardware?

Thanks!

iamarkane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HELP!?!? I followed different faqs including this one... and im still at a loss. I myself bot a supercard and super pass 2, though i cant get to play nds games...i patched my pass2 to what gme it needed but when i boot up it goes to the GUI of the supercard and no nds can be detected... also after loading the asme0.gba (or something cant remember the file name), after the sram thing writes and says done i do what one of the FAQ said, put in the passme and quickly turn the nds on and off... and still i cant get it to work!

I guess my super card works because i get to go to the gui screen and load gba games... Im thinking its my super pass2 that seems not to work. any thougts im at a loss here
cry.gif
:
cry.gif

-thanx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/KNK-tmMz618?si=VVOTBoAb4hdDI7X2