Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Mrkinator said:
mexiken said:
One quick question.

Some of the files at the link you specified are midi's, and some are charts.

If they're charts, does that mean you have to code it yourself ???? And if they're midi, can you just follow what your steps show ????

A little clarification in the guide would help, for those who, like me, have no experience with the filetypes/files for any kind of customs, thanks.

Oh yes, I'm sorry, I recall seeing the chart files. I'll look into that. As for the midi, you sure it's not just a mid?

the file is call MIDI the extention of the file is .mid MIDI = Musical Instrument Digital Interface

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ether2802 said:
Mrkinator said:
mexiken said:
One quick question.

Some of the files at the link you specified are midi's, and some are charts.

If they're charts, does that mean you have to code it yourself ???? And if they're midi, can you just follow what your steps show ????

A little clarification in the guide would help, for those who, like me, have no experience with the filetypes/files for any kind of customs, thanks.

Oh yes, I'm sorry, I recall seeing the chart files. I'll look into that. As for the midi, you sure it's not just a mid?

the file is call MIDI the extention of the file is .mid MIDI = Musical Instrument Digital Interface

Oh okay. I thought there was a .midi extension and a .mid extension

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

QUOTEOh okay. I thought there was a .midi extension and a .mid extension

I thought the same thing too at first, but was wrapped up in the Steelers/Cowboys game
tongue.gif

Either way, as long as it works with the guide with those files, then when I start tooling around with it later tonight, Im starting off with the right stuff. Good times.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mexiken said:
QUOTE said:

QUOTEOh okay. I thought there was a .midi extension and a .mid extension

I thought the same thing too at first, but was wrapped up in the Steelers/Cowboys game
tongue.gif

Either way, as long as it works with the guide with those files, then when I start tooling around with it later tonight, Im starting off with the right stuff. Good times.
Okay. If you do find any .chart files, I posted a converter in the guide. If anything looks weird in the guide, tell me. I tried posting this at scorehero, and it seems that the form couldn't handle the awesomeness of this guide
tongue.gif
. It would cut whole sentences in half and even skip out steps! I had to take it down and post the link to here
biggrin.gif

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
pro_viruz said:
Ive tried this and its so hard... hmmmmm. i wish someone will upload a rock band custom disk... just a christmas wish!

Yes, I've been getting many PM's with this request. 2 Problems

1. Legality. I can't and will not post anything illegal here.
2. Songs. If it's not in the customs song thread I posted, then some one's going to have to make them. I do not have the time to.

Please people, stop PMing me with this question since I have now answered it. I'll add it to the guide's FAQ (which I'm going to add
tongue.gif
). Thanks
smile.gif
!

And I'm not taking a stab at you personally pro_viruz, It's just I've gotten quite a few PM's asking similar questions
wink.gif

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay I have finished the visuals for Part 1 (I think Part 2 is self explanatory) and I have posted a FAQ at the bottom. If there is anything you want a picture to, just ask.

Right now I'm experimenting with the video files in the game, so I'll be adding a section about adding your own videos game (like the intro and the vid's for each song). I'll see if I can add the GHIII guitar in also.

There's this file that I noticed in Trucha, band_s_wii.elf . It's in all the games, but I don't know what It does. Hmm....

kindaichi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks
Just tested the Rock Band in my 3.2J Wii, and works great!!!
I played two songs, one of Rock Band, and other of Track Pack... it's really great to play the guitar, Thanks!!!!

chaos_kontrol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you want to do customs on RB2, it should be easier because the dlc is coming from the Wii Shop Channel (confirmed from IGN), so wouldn't that mean it's packed in a wad? Unless there's a startup check.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
chaos_kontrol said:
Well, if you want to do customs on RB2, it should be easier because the dlc is coming from the Wii Shop Channel (confirmed from IGN), so wouldn't that mean it's packed in a wad? Unless there's a startup check.
Yeah, I gonna look into that. I still want to see whats on the disc, though and see if anything has changed.

cyanide64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i just got some songs from the FOF boards that i was going to use for GH but whenb i noticed they included some drums.ogg and such i was wondering if those could be used, if so would i have to split the drums 4 times to make the proper audio channels? how would that work. thnx for all your time and effort on the guide. I look forward to using my new bookmark often
smile.gif

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cyanide64 said:
i just got some songs from the FOF boards that i was going to use for GH but whenb i noticed they included some drums.ogg and such i was wondering if those could be used, if so would i have to split the drums 4 times to make the proper audio channels? how would that work. thnx for all your time and effort on the guide. I look forward to using my new bookmark often
smile.gif

Take the drum track and split it, change both tracks to mono. Then add 2 empty audio tracks(CTRL+SHIFT+N). So you will have 2 with drums and 2 empty.

Since I haven't tested FOF songs. If It's a Download-able song from Rock Band 1 or 2, don't use it. I tried using some RUSH DLC and it didn't work. If it's a custom song, carry on.

Good luck!

Just a quick note, I have figured out how to replace you own videos in Rock Band! I will be posting how to and a video very soon!

Aircraft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Mrkinator!!

I had the cIOS 37 installed as 248 from earlier, before you started the Rock Band Chanel. I couldn't figure out how to make your channel boot 248, so I reinstalled cIOS 37 as 232. Everything works great now! I much rather use RB Chanel than launch HB and SoftChip, too many steps, and too easy to make mistakes.

Is there any way (or a reason to) remove 248 since it's not needed now?

Great Work on the channel's graphics and music! Awesome!

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Aircraft said:
Thanks Mrkinator!!

I had the cIOS 37 installed as 248 from earlier, before you started the Rock Band Chanel. I couldn't figure out how to make your channel boot 248, so I reinstalled cIOS 37 as 232. Everything works great now! I much rather use RB Chanel than launch HB and SoftChip, too many steps, and too easy to make mistakes.

Is there any way (or a reason to) remove 248 since it's not needed now?

Great Work on the channel's graphics and music! Awesome!
No prob man!

Don't worry about 248, it's fine
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jumpman17 said:
Sorry, but no links to IOS37.

Then i guess you deleted my post. If links to IOS files on nintendo's servers aren't allowed you have a lot of work to do, all patchmii clones have these links integrated, this means, patchmii isn't allowed and most(if not all) cIOS installers aren't allowed.

I think eyverthing which contains copyrighted code is illegal:
.isos and roms from retail games
IOS files
cIOS files

But i think this is legal:
download links to nintendo's servers, if anybody is allowed to host these files, then it's nintendo
programms which download and/or modify these files, if they don't contain any copyrighted code. The cIOS installers are in this category

PS: If anybody would rewrite a cIOS completely on his own(really a lot of work), this would be legal too, even if it's a cIOS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: