Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TheTwilightHacker said:
I've done some research and found that there's no IOS 232 :S

You have to know what IOSx means.

Let's take the example of IOS36:
If some homebrew says it uses IOS36, it just loads the IOS installed in the Wii, which is at position 36, im most cases it's just IOS36 from nintendo. But it could also be a cIOS just installed as IOS36. It's possible to install (little bit complicated) IOS36 at another postion, 232 for example. You could call this IOS IOS36 as it is the IOS36 from nintendo and you could call it IOS232 as it is the IOS installed as IOS232 in the Wii.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
jumpman17 said:
Sorry, but no links to IOS37.

Then i guess you deleted my post. If links to IOS files on nintendo's servers aren't allowed you have a lot of work to do, all patchmii clones have these links integrated, this means, patchmii isn't allowed and most(if not all) cIOS installers aren't allowed.

I think eyverthing which contains copyrighted code is illegal:
.isos and roms from retail games
IOS files
cIOS files

But i think this is legal:
download links to nintendo's servers, if anybody is allowed to host these files, then it's nintendo
programms which download and/or modify these files, if they don't contain any copyrighted code. The cIOS installers are in this category

PS: If anybody would rewrite a cIOS completely on his own(really a lot of work), this would be legal too, even if it's a cIOS

I don't know. From what I understood, IOS37 files were illegal. But if it was on an actual Nintendo site, then I don't know. I guess you can add the links back in if you want.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jumpman17 said:
I don't know. From what I understood, IOS37 files were illegal. But if it was on an actual Nintendo site, then I don't know. I guess you can add the links back in if you want.

A IOS37 wad download link is surely illegal, the links you deleted are the links from where the wii downloads the IOS if you use the online update function of your wii. To me it's clear: nintendo has the copyright, nintendo hosts the files and there isn't any kind of protection ==> It's legal to use these links.

Maybe you should talk about this with the other moderators and update the "no cIOS files allowed" thread with a precise list of what is allowed and what not. The actual form is causing a lot of confusion. Oh and if you do this, don't forget to mention competely new written IOS files or parts of it, the SoftChip team is still working at an own dip (that's one part of a IOS) which contains 100% code from the team and 0% code from nintendo.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
They are listed in the readme of the installer too, perhabs you should mention this.
Yeah, so rather then posting em, I'll just say it's in the readme
smile.gif

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this Softchip rockband mod works great for my guitars, haven't pulled my drums out yet ( have to battle my 2 year old). Thanks for everything you guys are doing!!

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Raziel5000 said:
this Softchip rockband mod works great for my guitars, haven't pulled my drums out yet ( have to battle my 2 year old). Thanks for everything you guys are doing!!

Our pleasure
wink.gif

Just want to say I've updated the guide again. This fixes some syncing issues with the mid and mogg. There is suppose to be the offset and 2.95 seconds of silence in the audio file.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I've been gone for a bit, Mrk. I don't know if my SH PM ever went through... yeah, I'm cool with you submitting the tutorial.
Anyways, I'll be opening RB2 on Christmas, so I'll start looking at customs around 2009.
Cheers!
-SFenton

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SFenton said:
Sorry I've been gone for a bit, Mrk. I don't know if my SH PM ever went through... yeah, I'm cool with you submitting the tutorial.
Anyways, I'll be opening RB2 on Christmas, so I'll start looking at customs around 2009.
Cheers!
-SFenton
Same here, can't wait for RB2! I'll be doing customs with you, as soon as soon as I beat Expert Drums, ofcourse
tongue.gif

And thanks for letting me submit the tutorial, hopefully the USB Gekko will come in handy with customs
wink.gif

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Aircraft said:
Rock Band 2 for Wii has been out a few days now, and no updates here? I'm sure you guys are working on it
smile.gif
Not in my freakin town!!
mad.gif
They keep saying "oh I don't know, maybe the 23rd?", everywhere!

That's why I said I'll get it for Christmas. Expect a few surprises for 2009
wink.gif

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick Q: Has anyone made a custom yet and gotten it to play ????

I've been trying for a few days, and Mrkinator has been great at helpin out, but I just can't seem to get it to work. Has anyone had success ???? Could you post what you did that maybe helped ????

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mexiken said:

I've been trying for a few days, and Mrkinator has been great at helpin out, but I just can't seem to get it to work. Has anyone had success ???? Could you post what you did that maybe helped ????

Really sorry I haven't figured out your prob
frown.gif

I sent you a pm with (I think) a solution.

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
mexiken said:

Really sorry I haven't figured out your prob
frown.gif

I sent you a pm with (I think) a solution.

Oh no worries bro, you've been MORE than gracious and helpful about troubleshooting.

I don't know if its my system setup, the discs, or what at this point. I wrote you back btw. Thats a good idea too.

I'm wondering, maybe because I'm using Vista, would that throw anything off ????

And I just wanted to see if anyone tried it (its not for the faint of heart, but the rewards are awesome), and if they did, maybe they ran into an error like me, and worked around it. Like for example, I really think I botched the ogg copy and pasting, because theres something confusing about that, but then I tried a method with a confirmed working mid and ogg, and still no go. Makes me scratch my head.

Venndettta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guide is pretty easy to follow if you know what you're doing.

However, my disc wouldn't even load. (Yes I have the backup launcher etc. I've been doing this for a while with working discs every time) Says there was an error while trying to read it :\

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Venndettta said:

However, my disc wouldn't even load. (Yes I have the backup launcher etc. I've been doing this for a while with working discs every time) Says there was an error while trying to read it :\

Thats EXACTLY my issue.

I can do everything, and it burns. It just doesn't load. I have a Wiikey, and loads EVERYTHING else just fine. Im trying to work something out to where I can get this going.

Mrkinator: We're gonna have to battle it out online. I warn you though, I just started on Expert level, so you'll probably school me
tongue.gif

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mexiken said:
Venndettta said:

Thats EXACTLY my issue.

I can do everything, and it burns. It just doesn't load. I have a Wiikey, and loads EVERYTHING else just fine. Im trying to work something out to where I can get this going.

Mrkinator: We're gonna have to battle it out online. I warn you though, I just started on Expert level, so you'll probably school me
tongue.gif
Mexiken, have you tried Soft-Chip? I know you have a chip, but why don't you try it.

As for battling, I don't have Rock Band 2. Yet
smile.gif

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
mexiken said:
Venndettta said:

Thats EXACTLY my issue.

tongue.gif
Mexiken, have you tried Soft-Chip? I know you have a chip, but why don't you try it.

As for battling, I don't have Rock Band 2. Yet
smile.gif

I haven't. Maybe I will. But will it work, and by work I mean override the chip ????

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1